Jasper 08-Jun-23
Alexsaint 16-Jun-23
Scoot 25-Jun-23
Rut Nut 25-Jun-23
Jasper 26-Jun-23
18-May-23

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
So for the last 4 years I’ve given a fully equipped bow package away and God has led me to some amazing people with amazing stories. Over the years I’ve been hooked up with some fine young men and other total strangers (most all from the Bowsite!!!) stepped up with a second (and last year a third!) bow and loads of other archery gear and hunting equipment to bless the kids with. It was perfect as I was contacted by mentors for the young men who were involved in their lives, trained them and took them hunting. They were the true heroes! I’ve been blessed by archery and bow hunting for over 50 years and am excited to start the process again and see where God leads! I have an Elite Energy 32 bow that I’d love to get in the hands of a deserving young person. This bow has an adjustable draw weight of 55 to 70 pounds and a draw length of 26.5 to 31 inches. It has an IQ sight, HXL drop away rest, 9” stabilizer and Trophy Ridge quiver. I’m throwing in 1/2 dozen Carbon Express arrows, six Muzzy broad heads, a Tru Fire index finger release, a pack of Rocky Mountain field points and some Nockturnal lighted nocks. This thing is ready to rock!!! In a perfect world I’m looking for a young person who hunts (or has expressed an interest in hunting) and doesn’t have or can’t afford a nice bow. If you know of a good candidate, send me their story, (via EMail or PM ONLY please ([email protected]) ……name, age, location and a little history). If the person I choose lives close to Atlanta, Georgia, they’re welcome to come to my home and I’ll set the bow up for them and we’ll shoot a little. If they’re out of the area I’ll ship it all on my dime. Please note that this is not a youth bow meant for a kid….I want someone to be able to hunt with it this fall so they need to be able to pull 55 pounds or more comfortably and have a 26.5” draw or longer. So spread the word and I look forward to helping steer someone a little deeper into their enjoyment of God’s Great Outdoors (I’ll choose the winner in 3 or 4 weeks). (If anyone has a bow, accessories, gift cards, etc. they’d like to throw in, please contact me) Everyone feel free to share this….Thanks!

18-May-23

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

18-May-23
That's very generous. Just sent you an email - thanks for your consideration!

19-May-23
Well, thanks to some awesome people I now also have 2 bows, arrows, broadheads, a $50 Scent Assassin gift card and video archery lessons from Archery Talk 101!

19-May-23
This is awesome, and will hopefully lead to some lifelong friends and connections because of it.

In 2015 I was on the receiving end of a recurve on this site, and ended up going on an elk hunt with the fella who gave me the bow in 2018 and we have stayed in good contact for the past 8 years now.

Super cool opportunity for a beginning hunter!

19-May-23
Great gesture - had the timing worked out, I’d have pinged you on behalf of my nephew, who’s among the first to accept a commission directly into the Space Force. I think he’s all set up now, though, and now just gotta keep him pumped up for Elk season. After all - SOMEBODY has to be the pack mule! ;)

19-May-23
Good stuff happening here guys. May your kindness be returned 10X..

19-May-23
Always an amazing post, every year!!

Guys, if you can give just a little it means so much!!

Well done Jasper!!

19-May-23
Very nice of you and hopefully itt will o to a young needs a awesome set up. Look forward to hearing about the recipient.

20-May-23
I applaud you sir that certainly is a great generous gesture made my day good luck finding the right person.And by the way that might be the first time I ever placed three words in a row starting with a G lol ??

20-May-23
Good stuff Jasper!!!

20-May-23
BTTT!

Come on guys, being generous and giving if very rewarding!!! Please step up and help Jasper out!

Thank you!

21-May-23
BTTT

21-May-23
Another Bowsiter (who wishes to remain anonymous) has reached out to me and wants to be involved in giving something to the winner. I appreciate you guys! God bless!

22-May-23
A good friend of mine, Scott Riner worked as a Corrections Officer and was murdered in the line of duty a few months ago. He loved to hunt and fish. A buddy of his just donated $100 in his honor to the bow giveaway…..great stuff! Please keep spreading the word and keep the nominations coming. God bless! John

22-May-23
Man I remember why I love this site so much!

23-May-23

smarba's Link
Jasper: put me down to provide a Sitka Core Lightweight Hoody in choice of color/pattern/size. Really appreciate what you've been doing! Thx Carl

23-May-23
You guys are awesome man!!!

Keep stepping up gents!! oh, and ladies!!

23-May-23
You guys rock, thanks! Mason (rebelmdb) is in for a dozen arrows. Carl (smarba), a Sitka hoody. Y’all keep spreading the word, I need some more people nominated!

24-May-23
Glad you are doing this again Jasper. I’m in to help in any way. Let me know what’s needed. Not every kid gets the opportunity to experience the great outdoors. The mentors that nominate these kids, donate their time and take these kids hunting are class act people. Good to see this giveaway getting support again. Well done Bowsiters.

24-May-23
Well done Jasper!

24-May-23
Good for you Jasper! I hope that you get rewarded for what you are doing as I have for doing something similar for my granddaughter and her boyfriend who are now married. I mentored and outfitted them with quality bows and accessories awhile back. They now invite me to their 3D bowshoots with their friends, Badbull

25-May-23
BTTT... Keep stepping up guys!!!

27-May-23
It's pretty sad to see the number of posts on other submissions, but not on here!!

What has happened to Bowsite ? Where are all the everyday posters???

This place and the people definitely aren't what it/ they used to be!!!

28-May-23
Special act from special person

28-May-23
Great work!

01-Jun-23
Jasper - PM sent about donating and a nominee for you. This is awesome!

01-Jun-23
I just wanted to hop on here to thank Jasper and all who donate to this cause every year. It’s such an awesome gesture and blessing for the recipients. Thank you for giving back. You guys rock! If any of you have a nominee in mind don’t hesitate to send it in.

02-Jun-23
Jasper , pm sent.

02-Jun-23
Thanks all! Not too late to send in a nomination

03-Jun-23
Thanks all! Not too late to send in a nomination

07-Jun-23
Thanks to some awesome friends, mostly Bowsiters I have 3 bows and a bunch of gear to give away this year….3 new bow hunters hitting the woods this fall! Choosing winners Friday. God bless! John

07-Jun-23
Best thread of every year. Can’t wait for the story and pictures.

07-Jun-23
Always my favorite post of the year!!!

08-Jun-23

16-Jun-23
Love this giveaway and nominated someone! Have you picked the winners? If so, I'd love to hear about them!

25-Jun-23
I MAY have some insider info about this thread. I won't steal the fellas' thunder, but I will hopefully grease the skids a little by bumping this thread up to the top.

This has been a great reminder about the truly great people who are here at bowsite. Some wonderful souls!

25-Jun-23
I can tell you Jasper and his “helpers” have been busy working behind the scenes getting these young men set up with everything needed to get them hunting this Fall!

I don’t want to steal their thunder either, so that’s all I will say for now.................

But there are DEFINITELY some AMAZING people on Bowsite................for sure! : )

26-Jun-23
Alexander, yes the winners have been chosen. Two of the bows have been delivered and the third will be in an excited young man’s hands soon. We also have some other accessories and donations I’m working on sending out. I just got back from a mission trip in Nicaragua so got a bit behind. When everything is delivered and I have pictures I’ll start a new thread with the stories and attempt to thank all the awesome and caring people who pitched in. Thanks for the nomination and stand by for a bit more. Thanks!!! John

• Sitka Gear