fuzzy 23-May-23
DL 27-May-23
Bigdog 21 27-May-23
Missouribreaks 28-May-23
TGbow 28-May-23
Eric Sprick 29-May-23
Jaquomo 30-May-23
19-May-23
See how fast things can happen when the wrong people are in power.Different country but people in power are no different. https://sportingshooter.com.au/news/bow-hunting-ban-set-to-fly-in-south-australia/

19-May-23
That makes me sick. We've done that for some 50000 years , but is not OK now? I cannot post here what I think...

19-May-23
What are the odds it passes?

19-May-23
That article makes it sound like it has already passed. Hope it doesn’t go into effect before I get there in July!

—jim

19-May-23
WTF

19-May-23
Don’t think it’s a ban that affects the Northern Territory, at least not yet. Tyler should know more.

19-May-23
Guess te whole world has lost all common sense

19-May-23
What I probably find the funniest part, which none of its funny is, there’s people on this very forum, Past and present, that advocate for gun control and feel that bow hunting is the one that’ll be protected. They believe that this couldn’t and wouldn’t happen.

Guess what? If it’s been proposed, no matter how ridiculous, Eventually it’s going to pass.

How ridiculous is the green new deal???

Welcome To planet reality

19-May-23

Treeline's Link
It’s only South Australia. Not sure that it has passed yet. Howl had one for that and I signed it. For a response from one of the MPs that was very positive. He was adamantly against this one and sounded like a hunter from a hunting family.

19-May-23
Jeff, so true

19-May-23
And you think that it’ll stay in only the south?

19-May-23
Tavis x2.

19-May-23
Sounds like they have Democrats in Australia too!

19-May-23
Totalitarian Communism. It is global. All of the big drivers - WEF, WHO, NATO, etc, etc are pushing for the program. You will own nothing and be happy.

19-May-23
Australia passed severe gun legislation very fast also.It seems thats how they ram things thru.

19-May-23
Ask yourself, just what really gives people this so-called "power" and let that be the answer to their validity...

19-May-23
Jeff totally agree been saying this a long time but people think not here. Same with UN being a big push behind everything. But not here. What's a big difference then a 100. Years ago . We don't need it as food to survive. And made it a fun sport taking animal life with very few morals. Now I love hunting . Have for 50 yrs . but also sit quite and listen to none hunters rage. Fist bum/ high five isn't respectable for a dead animal.??

20-May-23
It’s only the state of South Australia. Tasmania has also banned bowhunting many years ago.

20-May-23
One,two,three and then it's banned all over. Same here Calif.,Illinois,Washington,NY,Maryland and slowly creeping in on us. Don't think for a minute the dems aren't happy their population centers are dispersing thru out the red states.Slowly these people will move and complain about the blue states but ultimately vote the same way until they change their new state. Worse than covid and no vaccine.

20-May-23
Their next door neighbor, NSW, tried to do this awhile ago, and it took the combined efforts of a bunch of dedicated bowhunters like Antonio Lara and Wayne Preece to get them to reverse it. But it was a struggle.

Wait until bowhunting hits the ballot in one of our super-left western states in the U.S.....

20-May-23
No politics on Bowsite guys oh wait politics is affecting bow hunting never mind. The world is being run by globalist elites hence why you saw weapons bans in NZ, Australia, Canada, and constantly here in the US now. For the few of you that think these are separate issues by country you are very naive. If we didn’t have the 2A standing in the way we would have no guns here as well. Make no mistake this isn’t Conspiracy theory talk anymore this is the future of never ending battles for rights world wide. It all sounds crazy until it’s not.

22-May-23
Who fights to keep those rights? Your state bowhunting orgs. How many of you are members of yours? I know that overall, on average, less than 5% of bowhunters are typically members of their state organizations in any given state...and that's IF your state has a state org. I would bet this site has a higher average participation rate than others but those are the facts. It's not liberals that will end bowhunting, it's our own apathy. Quit your bitching and get involved if you are not already doing so, to those of you who are, thank you!

22-May-23
Exactly right Brotsky. I don't like the NRA's stance on the crossbow but I'm a Life Member of the NRA, Life Member of NYS Bowhunters and a member of the Professional Bowhunters Society. Numbers do matter when pushing back.

22-May-23
An attack on bowhunting anywhere, even "only South Australia", should make us all very concerned. No matter how secure we feel about bowhunting in our own country. Whatever tactic worked to get this done can certainly be applied elsewhere. A large number of people hate us, and some of them are well-organized and motivated. This kind of bullshit NEEDS TO BE STOPPED, anywhere and everywhere it is attempted.

22-May-23
We all need to be involved. Our state is having a hard time getting the younger hunters to join.

I may not agree with PBS, NRA, and PandY on alot of issues, but they are fighting the fight.

22-May-23
Brotsky except when you live in a majority liberal state then their is zero hope.

22-May-23
It won't effect us...until it does.

22-May-23
We have hunters right here on this forum who voted alongside PETA, HSUS, and the ASPCA against the second amendment as well as hunting and trapping. All of these anti hunting groups unanimously vote for the democratic party. Hard to believe hunters stand with them.

22-May-23
Missouri, I just had that discussion this past weekend. This person said if the right democratic was on the ballot, he would vote for them. I said no way in hell. The baggage the democrat's have with all the anti this that, the stupid groups against a decent society and especially the anti hunting groups, I would not consider it one iota. They could be the best choice ever for president and I would not vote for them because of this.

22-May-23
Jimmy, sad but true. Even Republicans are pushing for anti 2nd A legislation.

I guess some people can't tell the difference if someone is pissing down their back or if it's raining

23-May-23
It won't effect us...until it does.

Nailed it

23-May-23
That's nuts

27-May-23
2nd amendment is what protects bowhunting. The massive number of gun hunters are a huge voting block. If guns go away bowhunting goes away. That’s what anti hunting groups are hoping for.

27-May-23
Conservation is what keeps bow hunting going. With all the hunters combined only = 6% of the us population.. not a huge voting group there.

28-May-23
The support of the non hunting voter allows on going hunting seasons. If they begin to vote against us, it is over. We need to very carefully consider our actions and reputations with this voting group. I think we can use some improvements in this regard. Happiness is not a big steaming gutpile.

28-May-23
I think we are missing something here...it won't be the anti hunting crowd that tilts the scales in this country, it will be the people that hunt and own guns that tilts the scale. That crowd thinks it won't effect them because they don't care if certain spectrums of guns or hunters lose their personal preference for hunting..but it will effect them in the long run.

29-May-23
It's only south Austrailia...it's only New Zealand...its only some country in South America...its only Mexico...its only, oh wait, shit Colorado, California, Oregon...

30-May-23
TGbow, exactly. Hunters voted for the CO bear hunting ban, the trapping ban, the wolf dumping, and will vote to end lion and bo cat hunting. And a whole bunch of rifle hunters will vote to end bowhunting when that gets on the ballot.

• Sitka Gear