MA-PAdeerslayer 22-May-23
Vaquero 45 22-May-23
t-roy 22-May-23
Treefarm 22-May-23
IsaacMoore 25-Oct-23
Lewis 25-Oct-23
VAMtns 25-Oct-23
22-May-23
Anyone got a good list or good reference to materials used for their solar powered electric fence? Gonna be putting up 2-3 and was looking and seems DIY is quite a bit cheaper then buying kits.

22-May-23
If you are referring to a regular solar powered fence and not a nite sleep bear warning fence "Kencove " has good vids / ideas n systems. Don't know how how large and area you fencing but " PARMAK " Makes good decent solar units . For bigger spread units look @ like Gallagher n Cyclops and build or add your own components . Youtube vids would be your friend also . The more joules and greatly grounded systems the more weeny frying power.

22-May-23
DIY is definitely cheaper and simple, as well. I’ve used several different solar fencers over the years, and Parmak is my top choice, followed by Gallagher. For the fencing itself, I’d recommend some type of 1/2” Turbo Tape for the outside strand, and Turbo Wire for the 2 inside strands. You can use tee posts for your corner posts and anywhere that you make a bend. Plastic step in electric fence posts work great for the straight runs. A 4’-6’ ground rod, some clip on insulators and some for the corners, a little bit of light gauge wire, a post driver, pliers and a knife, and you’re pretty much all set.

22-May-23
Solar electric fences are easy peasy t put in. I use them them to keep bears away from bee hives but also as a deer exclosure around 250 Swamp White Oaks. Without the he help of electric fences, we would get no honey or oak growth. I experienced 100% browsing (deer) outside the xclosure last winter. I highly recommend giving solar energizers a try. As stated, go for higher joules output. On of mine puts out 70,000+ Volts on tester. Grounding is super important. On bigger fences (a mile of wire), 3 ground rods are feet in ground should do it.

25-Oct-23
DIY can save some cash, no doubt. For future reference,battery wire colors matter. The red wire is usually positive and connects to the fence charger's positive terminal. The black wire is typically negative and hooks up to the charger's negative terminal. Lastly, the green or bare wire is your ground wire, and it connects to a grounding rod. Now, regarding the materials you'll need, make sure to get yourself a solar panel and regulator, a deep-cycle battery (12V), a solar-powered fence charger, insulators for your posts, high-tensile fence wire, and a grounding rod. Keep in mind safety and local regulations as you proceed.

25-Oct-23
I have used Parmac chargers for a few years so far so very good.As one stated a good ground is totally necessary. Good luck Lewis

25-Oct-23
I am a beekeeper and use Parmac solar with good results , Bob Binnie has a good youtube on it

• Sitka Gear