BTM 27-May-23
ILbowhntr 27-May-23
Bowbender 27-May-23
RK 27-May-23
wytex 27-May-23
ILbowhntr 27-May-23
HDE 27-May-23
26-May-23
Read a couple places today that a federal judge ruled in favor of corner crossing today. Anyone else seen this?

26-May-23

cnelk's Link
See link

26-May-23
Think I'll go mark a waypoint right now on this dumbasses "ground". His attorneys need to ask for their tuition money back.

See you in court...

26-May-23
I’ll never hunt Wy, but that’s good news for many hunters.

26-May-23
Well I'll be danged! Would you look at that! Jaq where you at bud? I know what you're going to say... Well, the sheriff in my county will write you a ticket... This doesn't set precedence... The words should and shouldnt aren't relevant... Jaq, the judge has spoken, the jury has spoken, the local officials spoke until they were strong armed. The winds of change are blowing, they might (and probably will) get dragged to court again for the same result. This is the first step towards opening up that ground to the people who own it.

27-May-23
I saw so many post of happiness on many facebook hunting group. Some of them had 75 posts, not a one of disappointment.

27-May-23
I'm sure the fight isn't over, but this is definitely good news.

27-May-23
I'm betting a lot of very tall posts are going to be concreted into the ground at a lot of corners. Public land hunters better invest in some TALL step ladders. :)

27-May-23
Figured the landLORDS will come up with ingenious/insidious ways to stop it.

27-May-23
Posted this on the other thread as well... Careful for what you wish for.

Be interesting to see how many join in gleeful celebration if and when this is upheld in appellate courts and the SCOTUS. Because the implications will reach a whole lot further than a few thousand elk hunters wanting to access landlocked property. Suddenly the property you bought in PA that borders SF or NF and with really no access to the public land except thru YOUR property is in the crosshairs. Easements or ROW's are forced on YOU. The property you bought at a somewhat inflated price cuz the realtor jacked up the price BECAUSE it borders public land, albeit with difficult access.

I'd love to see a solution worked out between land owners and hunters. But that will never happen. Because we dumb phucs created the situation by being more than willing to drop astronomical $$'s to hunt a public resource. And ranchers and landowners are more than willing to capitalize on it. And rightly so. Everyone loves capitalism.... until it affects them and their pursuits.

27-May-23
Obviously not over yet. Lots more days in court and tickets and more court to come

27-May-23
The ruling basically applies to Wyoming. If it gets appealed up the federal level then it would affect LOs in other states. This is according to a lawyer on another site. Jac is right about his area, I know it and no you can not a corner cross there. They will write you up. The state may address this now that a ruling has come down, don't count your chickens just yet. LOs have a lot to say in Wyoming at the legislative level.

Still great news!!!!

27-May-23
Tom, I read it as airspace, not actually setting boots on the ground.

27-May-23
^^^ yes airspace. Can't damage airspace. Otherwise LO crybabies can sue the fed government and china for letting SARS CoV-2 onto their property.

• Sitka Gear