ILbowhntr 29-May-23
milnrick 29-May-23
deerhunter72 29-May-23
Highlife 29-May-23
Highlife 29-May-23
'Ike' (Phone) 31-May-23
badbull 31-May-23
29-May-23
Today I will go to services, at a local VFW. I will honor the fallen. As a Vet I will support another Vet, who lost a son in Iraq and another in Afganistan. No greater sacrifice. Take a minute today and reflect. You owe them that much. Thank You

29-May-23
Nice comment Groundhunter. Unfortunately a lot of Americans just think of it as a long weekend anymore.

29-May-23

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
The majority is the majority.
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
The majority is the majority.
Fear not. This picture shows the kids holding their hand over their heart during the National Anthem at an event here in Massachusetts.

29-May-23
Last night in my neighborhood ,as soon as the sun went down, the firecrackers and fireworks started! This younger generation doesn't realize this is a holiday of remembrance and mourning for those who were lost while fighting for our freedom. It's NOT a holiday of "celebration"! But I guess they don't teach those kind of things in school anymore. It might "offend" someone!

29-May-23

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

29-May-23
God bless "ALL" our Military & their families. My family & close friends know 1st hand of sacrifice. Sadly, to many do..

29-May-23

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
God bless "ALL" our Military & their families. My family & close friends know 1st hand of sacrifice. Sadly, to many do..

I did not post the above photo. I have no idea what or who's it is. This is mine. Well now, it vanished.

29-May-23

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
A debt we can never repay. I'm enjoying today at a secluded cabin in southern Missouri backed up to a lake full of bass and gobblers strutting out front. Before we set out for fun we discussed with the kids what today means.

29-May-23
Some gave all and their families gave much also. As eluted to above that flag symbolizes so much to everyone that is serving or has served that maybe only they can feel. We cannot thank them enough for their sacrafice.

29-May-23
I'm so thankful for all of those who gave their lives to create America and those who gave their lives to preserve it. God bless.

29-May-23
Thank God for all those that have served our nation. Salute!

29-May-23

TMac's embedded Photo
Thank you to all our servicemen and women. My Dad served in the Army.
TMac's embedded Photo
Thank you to all our servicemen and women. My Dad served in the Army.

29-May-23
I'm a tough old German but this thread and other messages I've received about this weekend and what it all means to me have me tearing up and not to proud too admit it. Watching a ball game for a bit and "God Bless America" during 7th inning stretch was special.

29-May-23

BoggsBowhunts's embedded Photo
BoggsBowhunts's embedded Photo
Had the blessing of being a part of the Marine Corps Firing Party at Arlington while I was stationed in DC. Was a part of 222 funerals in about two and a half years of being on the firing party, an absolutely surreal experience that I treasured dearly. Fortunately, most of those funerals were for WW2, Korea, and Vietnam vets that died of natural causes. Unfortunately, however, not all of them were.

29-May-23
God bless all those who sacrificed so much for our freedom. So many in this country have no idea what was given for their way of life. Freedom ain't free.

29-May-23
Remembering my father, who I never knew. SE Asia, May 1966.

29-May-23

milnrick's embedded Photo
The Battle of The Bulge Monument
milnrick's embedded Photo
The Battle of The Bulge Monument
Today is the day we stop to remember all the men and women who paid the ultimate price defending our country.

Having said that, the day's true meaning became crystal clear when I was stationed in Florennes AB in Belgium. The base sponsored a Memorial Service at the Mardason Memorial (now known as the Battle of the Bulge Memorial) in Bastogne, Luxemburg. The monument lists the name of each soldier who gave their life in the name of freedom.

After the memorial service we traveled to the American Military Cemetary outside of Luxemburg. The sight of so many white crosses marking the graves of American soldiers combined with the silence the fine mist that fell from the clouds combined to be a heart-wrenching experience.

That day is etched in my memory something I won't forget.

29-May-23

deerhunter72's embedded Photo
I proudly fly the flag in my front yard.
deerhunter72's embedded Photo
I proudly fly the flag in my front yard.
We always go to the service at the cemetery held by the local VFW. We have a great, small town community who by and large honor our veterans, the flag and our country. I have not served, but have many past and current family members who have. Today I did something that I have never done. I had 3 flags that needed to be retired that I had been holding onto. Cleaning in the garage today I thought that maybe today is the best day to do it. So, I took them to the fire pit and burned them and it was a humbling experience for me. I stood with hat in hand and said the pledge and reflected on our country and all I’ve been blessed with. After they had burned and I had shed a few tears, I buried the ashes. God bless our country and all those who have served her, past and present!

29-May-23
Yesterday Rolling Thunder ride in Illinois. Today Memorial service at our local cemetery where our post planted flags with youths helped doing on Friday. God bless our fallen.

29-May-23
Remember 82000 of our brothers and sisters who are still missing.

31-May-23

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

31-May-23
Touching stuff above. The Battle of the Bulge info was special for me as that was where the uncle who raised me was shot through his clavicle by a sniper (while the three GI's next to him were killed by the sniper). Remember vividly the night that we were notified although I was only six years old.

• Sitka Gear