smarba 01-Jun-23
Blood 07-Jun-23
Smtn10PT 07-Jun-23
Smtn10PT 07-Jun-23
Pat Lefemine 07-Jun-23
Smtn10PT 08-Jun-23
jmiller 17-Jun-23
01-Jun-23
I’ve used Nocturnals forever and I’ve liked them. However, they bend easily, fall apart when you hit something hard and don’t last long. I’ve recently tried Black Shadow Outdoors and the plastic they use is super hard and I’ve had a few break in 1/2, which I got really nervous with.

Does anyone have any lighted nocks they have used that don’t snap in 1/2, don’t bend easily and are easy to turn off? Could be a brand name or an off-label you might have had good success with - after testing on hard impacts.

Thanks.

01-Jun-23
Firenock is the way to go. Brightest of 'em all. Never had one snap in half, Drop nock end first to shut off. They are a little more complex but once you get the system working you will appreciate the rocket science.

01-Jun-23
Last year I shot the LIT nocks by Flex Fletch. They have a great fit and finish and seem very sturdy. The other thing I like about them is they have a switch on it to turn them off and you don't need to jam a knife in them to turn them off.

I shot 3 elk and a deer with them in temps ranging from 27C to -25C and never had an issue. They stood up well to hard impacts in the cold weather.

https://flexfletch.com/accessories/lit-lighted-arrow-nocks/

01-Jun-23
I use Nockturnals, but agree they tend to be a one and done if you shoot at a critter. Either they get damaged or blood mucks up the internals.

07-Jun-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Blood's embedded Photo
So I found these on amazon with actually, some very good reviews. They are two different names….but exactly the same nocks. They weigh 21 grains each and so far, so good. They fit the string very well and look almost like a nocturnal, but are molded better. They have been shooting great out to 60 yards so far. Easy to turn off and very bright. Haven’t had any hard impacts yet…..but I’m shooting the Rhinehart 100 this weekend and I’m sure I’ll hit some rebar or pvc drains in the targets. But so far so good. Time will tell.

07-Jun-23
I use the deepower ones also. They fly great out of a standard size arrow, the ones for my vap ss were not consistent though.

07-Jun-23

07-Jun-23
Whatever you do don’t buy the BPS or Cabelas Blackout nocks. Garbage. I’m not a fan of Feradyne but I will admit the nocturnal nocks are far better than those Blackout things.

I never liked the Burt Coyote stuff either. I’m intrigued by the Amazon stuff but am such a stickler for consistent arrow components that I am hesitant to give them a try.

08-Jun-23
I think you will be pleased as long as you dont have micro-diameter arrows. For what they cost its worth testing a pack of them out.

17-Jun-23
https://www.amazon.com/Lighted-Arrows-Diameter-Archery-Hunting/dp/B0785L235Z/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?crid=15QA7RAZDRL1Y&keywords=lighted+nocks&qid=1687010761&sprefix=lighted+nocks%2Caps%2C133&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9waG9uZV9zZWFyY2hfYXRm&psc=1 I've been very impressed with these, durable, accurate and priced right.

• Sitka Gear