spike buck 11-Feb-24
Jaquomo 11-Feb-24
Catscratch 11-Feb-24
fuzzy 12-Feb-24
Timex? 12-Feb-24
Will 12-Feb-24
tobywon 12-Feb-24
11-Feb-24
I don't spend any time on many other websites like this one where people of a given shared interest post and share information on a predominant field of interest.

I am curious if those of you who do spend time on other sites, particularly sites that deal with topics of a political nature, economic discussions, world events, heck for that matter even coin collecting, biking, or sail boating, fantasy football, etc. also get a lot of bowhunting posts on those sites?

11-Feb-24
This is the only site I go on and that’s probably why I discuss different topics. Maybe I’m lazy and don’t feel like joining other sites.

11-Feb-24
I go to Facebook for that stuff. I come here for hunting content. It is hard to find here lately.

11-Feb-24
I do FB quite often. I post kill pics all the time without any problems. Get bookings there too. But nothing is as good as Bowsite.

11-Feb-24
Lots of bowhunting stuff on Facebook, because so many Bowsiters who used to post here have taken it to a different platform.

11-Feb-24
I frequent several other hunting websites. This is the only one that strays into the political field. The others stay on point.

12-Feb-24
Jaquomo very true. Facebook has its own issues but the ability to delete and block helps with content focus.

12-Feb-24
The only other forum I get on is the "hull truth" it's a fishing forum with groups from New England all the way around to the gulf coast including great lakes groups as well..... They have a dockside chat group similar to the old community forum. If you fish anywhere along the coast or the Great lakes region, it's a great forum ,,,

As far as hunting & fb I'm on a couple of venison / wild game cooking / recipes groups,,,,,we eat so much venison I'm always searching for new ideas.

12-Feb-24
"I am curious if those of you who do spend time on other sites, particularly sites that deal with topics of a political nature, economic discussions, world events, heck for that matter even coin collecting, biking, or sail boating, fantasy football, etc. also get a lot of bowhunting posts on those sites?"

pretty much every forum i visit has conversations that veer off into politics...the economy...religion...health...etc. they affect everything we do...they are part of the human condition.

12-Feb-24
On my FaceBook page, I see bowhunting stuff, because I have a good number of friends who also bowhunt, and the algorithm "sees" me pause and hover over hunting videos or stories... So FaceBook "feeds" me hunting stuff.

Sometimes I go on a fly tying forum, and rarely does hunting come up there, though one a or twice a year it does.

I have a Twitter, but only use it for work related stuff and I dont think I've ever seen hunting stuff on there as a result... that algorithm thinks I only care about work stuff so pretty much only shows things related to that to me.

12-Feb-24
The other site I frequent has paid sponsors and allows members to be benefactors. For a small fee. So the owner gets enough hits to pay for a lot of nice modern upgrades.

It also negates the need to have protagonists on the site to keep people stirred up and replying to a person that really doesn’t care about the subject, only traffic.

But has been incentivized by the owner to help with traffic.

What gets the most traffic? Who keeps people spun up and replying? Do they receive any compensation for traffic?

New bow? Hunting ? Etc

12-Feb-24

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Custom upgrade from tinfoil

12-Feb-24
Yes, I was on a non-archery site where they kept talking about archery/hunting related stuff, but all they talked about was the rut (chasing and breeding), arrow stiffness, penetration, hunting beaver, and taxidermy (mounting). I wanted more politics so I stick with this site now :)

• Sitka Gear