DanaC 24-Mar-24
Timex? 24-Mar-24
DanaC 24-Mar-24
18-Mar-24

Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo

Ricky The Cabel Guy's Link
election manipulation 101...

in a rally over the weekind...trump said if he is not elected...the auto industry will experience a "bloodbath" due to manufacturing lost to mexico.

the dishonest leftists wasted no time in claiming trump was threatening "political violence." this is how those on the left (like some posting here) attempt to manipulate elections by flooding the media with lies about trump.

Trump says there will be a ‘bloodbath’ if he loses the election Trump made the comments at a rally in Ohio, where he spoke about auto manufacturing. The Biden campaign responded by criticizing the former president’s “threats of political violence.”

sounds a lot like...

"grab them by the pu**y"

"very fine people"

"fight like hell"

...just to name a few.

18-Mar-24
Ah geeze... Here we go, another quote taken out of context by the left wing whackos...

18-Mar-24
It was pertaining to the car manufacturers and automotive jobs. From EVs being pushed.

He also said the same thing when Biden took office and he was correct. It’s been an absolute disaster.

The term bloodbath is used in the stock market, and business world etc. Look it up in the word metaphor.

18-Mar-24
Schefflers come from behind victory at the Players was awesome. No other player has won back to back Players and come back from 5 down on the last round.

18-Mar-24
KS fathead and Dana are rallying the troops. Trump has unleashed the deplorable’s. lol.

18-Mar-24
Agreed, Charlie. I don’t play golf, but watch on occasion. Became a Scheffler fan after I looked into him following his Master’s win. Great guy and great golfer.

18-Mar-24
Schefflers come from behind victory at the Players was awesome. No other player has won back to back Players and come back from 5 down on the last round.

I grew up attending the Players and even volunteering at it for many years before I went to college, so it holds a special place in my heart. Fantastic finish yesterday. Scottie is starting to give some Tiger vibes with his ball striking and ability to hunt down the competition.

18-Mar-24
What is more interesting is his promise to put a 100% tariff on cars made in Mexico. Umm. Can he do that? Is that legal per NAFTA?

Seems to me that auto plants in Mexico would keep a lot of people from migrating north. Or are we now opposed to 'jobs in Mexico'?

18-Mar-24
"It was pertaining to the car manufacturers and automotive jobs."

of course it was... but this is what the left does...and the media gleefully carries the water for them. it is a coordinated effort to manipulate an election.

18-Mar-24
Dana, nobody is opposed to jobs in Mexico. Stopping migrating people from illegally crossing the border into the USA is very doable, if the president desires that stoppage.

18-Mar-24
Geez, I took it as - the USA is going to suck ass even more if Biden gets a second term. And he’s right.

18-Mar-24
"the dishonest leftists waisted...

*wasted

18-Mar-24
"Can he do that? Is that legal per NAFTA?"

ummm...nafta is no longer in effect...it was replaced by the usmca...thanks to trump.

18-Mar-24
"the dishonest leftists waisted..."

*wasted

i fixed it for those who were offended. thats autocorrect for you... :)

i appreciate you bringing that up though.

thats another thing the leftists and never trumpers like to do. ignore the entire reason or context of what someone wrote...and waste no time focusing on a spelling or grammar error.

18-Mar-24
"grab them by the pu**y"

I will agree that some of those other statements range from (extremely) poor word choice by Trump to taken out of context (like bloodbath). But grab them by the pussy? How are you possibly defending that?

Bush: "Your girl's hot as shit. In the purple."

Multiple voices: "Whoah. Yes. Whoah."

Bush: "Yes. The Donald has scored. Whoah my man."

Trump: "Look at you. You are a pussy."

Bush: "You gotta get the thumbs up."

Trump: "Maybe it's a different one."

Bush: "It better not be the publicist. No, it's, it's her."

Trump: "Yeah that's her with the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

Bush: "Whatever you want."

Trump: "Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

18-Mar-24
" How are you possibly defending that?"

im not defending it. I used it as an example where something trump said that is taken out of context. ironically...you just did the very thing im referring to.

trump said if you are a star...you can do those things.

he is absolutely correct. there is an entire subset of women that will allow a "star" do any number of things to them...just to get close to them.

i am in no way defending an act like that...just agreeing with what he said...and illustrating how some people will take it out of context in order to advance their political narrative.

18-Mar-24
"i appreciate you bringing that up though."

you are welcome.

and i appreciate you starting this thread, among others. you're very determined to bring to our attention important matters that we are unable to see or read between the lines and grasp ourselves. again, thank you for the energy and smarts. you are making a difference.

carry on, in case you need some encouragement. :)

18-Mar-24
Trump said he COULD grab them by the pu$$y, not that he ever did. I took it to mean the gold digging whore's these days would let a celebrity do anything to them, just be in their circle. Note the "let" part. More of a comment disparaging vapid women than Trump... if you ask me.

18-Mar-24
there is an entire subset of women that will allow a "star" do any number of things to them...just to get close to them.

Literally not what he said, and nothing was taken out of context (I posted exactly what he said). He never once said anything about there being a subset of women who let you do it.

"I don't even wait"

"Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything."

18-Mar-24
I took it to mean the gold digging whore's these days would let a celebrity do anything to them, just be in their circle.

And most of the rest of the world took it to mean "I'm a celebrity and I can do whatever I want and I don't even need permission to do it"

"I don't even wait...Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything"

Maybe he should, you know, wait until he figures out if his target is part of this subset of women who would tolerate this.

18-Mar-24
Amusing to watch the libs try and distract from the actual point!!!!! Especially with the "whataboutism" that they decry when others do it. Typical liberal hypocrisy.

Pete

18-Mar-24
A poor choice of words.

18-Mar-24
Nothing new to see here folks.......just another episode of open mouth & insert foot from the master of ,,,, I like the attention,,,,,good or bad it evidently makes no difference to the man.

18-Mar-24
He speaks a language that ordinary, non PC-Obsessed people understand and accept.

18-Mar-24
ill stand by what i said...

its easy to take snippets of what someone says...not in full context...and make it sound different than what it was.

again...i am in no way "defending" what he said...that is your mischaracterization of what i said.

by the way...yes...based on this womans actions...i would put her squarely in the star worship category.

18-Mar-24
It almost seems like in Politics people try to use deception And bias to influence others

18-Mar-24
I watched his full comment….and yeah, he said we are in big trouble in this country and another 4 years of this will sink us. Its blunt…but probably true. I think Russia and China would really go supermarket Sweep crazy with another 4 years of Biden. Not good.

Trumps mouth has always got him in trouble…he is his own worst enemy. Its sad that there is so much TDS…but its 50% his own fault…and 50% a corrupt media.

I prefer a level headed Desantis…but I will take Trump over anything the Dems have currently; Biden, Newsom, Harris, Schumer, Pelosi, Schiff- my god what a bunch of garbage they have at the top of that party. I think it will take a Trump presidency to force them to get their act together.

18-Mar-24
its easy to take snippets of what someone says...not in full context...and make it sound different than what it was.

Still sounds exactly as bad as it was the first time I heard it with all of the context. "I don't even wait."

by the way...yes...based on this womans actions...i would put her squarely in the star worship category.

What actions??? Based on the fact that she's doing a promo? lol I see nothing but her being put in awkward situations by both Trump and Bush. "How bout a little hug for the Donald?" Gross.

So greenlight to grab her by the pussy, eh, RCTG? Disturbing...

18-Mar-24
"and i appreciate you starting this thread, among others. you're very determined to bring to our attention important matters that we are unable to see or read between the lines and grasp ourselves. again, thank you for the energy and smarts. you are making a difference."

as are you.

had it not been for you pointing out my auto-correct error...nobody would have known what i was talking about.

you are making the world a better place. lol

18-Mar-24

18-Mar-24

18-Mar-24
Too often Trump says things he shouldn't . On the other hand Biden has intentionally lied and the lie is proven but the media ignores it. Both should be accountable . I still think it is time for two better choices. than we have had in recent years.

18-Mar-24

So greenlight to grab her by the pussy, eh, RCTG? Disturbing...

keep trying...youre almost as good as joe

18-Mar-24

and jens friends...

18-Mar-24
trump said if you are a star...you can do those things.

he is absolutely correct. there is an entire subset of women that will allow a "star" do any number of things to them...just to get close to them.

They're your words. You said there's a category of woman who would let a star do absolutely anything to them and then you seemingly put the woman in that category. Based on what?? Or is the "star worship" category of woman different than the other category of woman who would let a start do absolutely anything to them just to be close? How do you distinguish them?

18-Mar-24
It’s funny that they’re grasping at straws over this. It reeks of being desperate and it is because they have nothing else to fight with. They certainly can’t use Biden’s record

18-Mar-24

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

18-Mar-24
I wonder how Ricky would feel if his family got to meet Trump and then the Donald decides that Ricky's daughter and wife are in the "grab them by the p#%^y" subset and decided to sexually assault them? Then I wonder if he would constantly carry water for Trump? He's a self-professed low information voter so...

Consider those rhetorical questions Ricky. We have seen enough fish flopping on the bank.

18-Mar-24
JohnMC lmao and so true.

18-Mar-24
But, But, But, What if Trump did this? What if Trump did that ? What if Trump did this ? What if Trump did that ?

18-Mar-24
"So is the "star worship" category of woman different than the other category of woman who would let a start do absolutely anything to them just to be close?"

you tell me. from the looks of it...she doesnt seem to be opposed to overtly flirting and being touched by celebrities. she seems to be quite comfortable with it and enjoy it actually.

the fact of the matter is...there are a whole bunch of women out there that will do (or allow to be done) almost anything for the chance to be in the proximity of a "star."

disturbing? you bet...but no less factual.

18-Mar-24
JohnMC. Spot on funny

18-Mar-24
But, But, But, What if Trump did this? What if Trump did that ? What if Trump did this ? What if Trump did that ?

18-Mar-24

18-Mar-24

18-Mar-24

18-Mar-24

18-Mar-24
"I wonder how Ricky would feel if his family got to meet Trump and then the Donald decides that Ricky's daughter and wife are in the "grab them by the p#%^y" subset and decided to sexually assault them?"

i figured it wouldnt be long before you jumped in with your own out of context...misinterpretation of what somebody said. no different than you saying that I said the election was "stolen." you cant help yourself.

what i actually said was there is a "subset of women that will allow a 'star' do any number of things to them...just to get close to them."

i have no problem answering your foolish question...rhetorical or otherwise. but...i will answer it based on what I actually said...not your dishonest version of what I said.

first...neither my wife or daughter would "allow" any such thing.

second...if my wife or daughter did "allow" it...it wouldnt be "sexual assault.

18-Mar-24
Whether Trump or Biden wins this fall it does not matter........there will be civil unrest. It will make the George Floyd protests and January 6th look pretty tame. Buckle up.

18-Mar-24
Ricky how would you feel if Trump - or any other man - _assumed_ that he could treat your wife or daughter in such a fashion? Because Trump's words indicate that he sees ALL women in the same way - as willing victims.

18-Mar-24
Hey Danac ,should have checked with your comrade KSF before duplicating the question. No worries nice to see a Liberal and a “Librarian” on the same page

18-Mar-24
Chris, my book collection is a mess ;-)

18-Mar-24
You tell me. from the looks of it...she doesnt seem to be opposed to overtly flirting and being touched by celebrities. she seems to be quite comfortable with it and enjoy it actually.

You seem to be watching a different video than me. That video is cringeworthy, both in the comments on the bus and, knowing what was said, the physical interactions after. Literally nothing in that video suggests Arianne Zucker is a "star worshipper." Everything points to a woman who was doing her job while being subject to the objectification that many woman have to deal with day in and day out.

18-Mar-24
Kennedy was screwing everything including the family dog when he was president and no democrats complained.

18-Mar-24
DP

18-Mar-24
^^^^ lame, lame, lame. Lame as usual KSflat...

18-Mar-24
Oh my goodness. BEG has went from the self nominated spokesman of sexual perverts trying to Indoctrinate your children as acceptable.:To the newly elected woman’s right spokesperson.

Both groups have to be thrilled. This is awesome.

18-Mar-24
It seems to me Biden is the one that touches little girls and sniff's their hair. Biden also showered with his own daughter and she was repulsed by him enough to write it in her own diary. I think anyone's daughter would be a lot safer alone with Trump than Biden or Clinton for that matter. And please stop with the false outrage, your all for allowing men in women's bathrooms and showers.

18-Mar-24
Put that poor fish back in the water lol. Keep carrying that water for Trump. Pretty pathetic.

18-Mar-24
“Ricky how would you feel if Trump - or any other man - _assumed_ that he could treat your wife or daughter in such a fashion? Because Trump's words indicate that he sees ALL women in the same way - as willing victims.”

Great question! How would you feel if your family were the victim of illegal aliens? What’s more threatening to our “democracy” than open borders? Shop talk? Lol! Oh and don’t forget the blood bath that is coming to your party! Lol!

18-Mar-24
“Grab em by the pussy.” Sounds like how every guy I hang out with talks. I guess I should be offended but I’m not a pussy.

18-Mar-24
”Ricky how would you feel if Trump - or any other man - _assumed_ that he could treat your wife or daughter in such a fashion? ”

i already answered the question…please try to keep up.

my answer won’t change no matter how many times you or others try to mischaracterize what i said.

18-Mar-24
Be careful 70, Nyati will be on you with the Biden whataboutism.

"“Grab em by the pussy.” Sounds like how every guy I hang out with talks. I guess I should be offended but I’m not a pussy."

Perfect LMAO.

Through all your BS Ricky...in the end you are defending an immoral jackass who was previously held liable for sexual assault, cheated on his wife with a pornstar, and brags about sexual assault. All the bank flopping and that's just it. Like I said, pretty pathetic.

18-Mar-24
”Everything points to a woman who was doing her job while being subject to the objectification that many woman have to deal with day in and day out.”

you mean the part where she chose to walk arm in arm with both of them…flirtatiously saying “ill take both?”

im very confident that neither my wife or daughter would ever act that way, most definitely not in a professional setting.

18-Mar-24
Real simple, the left wing press and their followers are traitors!!! They want to change America and not for the better. They hate how she works and hate the people who believe in her and will go to any length to change it. The future of this great land is cloudy and if Biden wind again is he will be forever changed. Let’s not forget that at least two surprise courts justices are going to open up next term, Ali to and Thomas for sure and then?

18-Mar-24
”Through all your BS Ricky...in the end you are defending an immoral jackass who was previously held liable for sexual assault, cheated on his wife with a pornstar, and brags about sexual assault. All the bank flopping and that's just it. Like I said, pretty pathetic.”

says the guy that said he voted for biden ”for the constitution.”

to be clear…he didn’t say he could or he would…he said he did vote for biden…”for the constitution.”

let that sink in…

18-Mar-24
Nick ‘da man!!! X 2

18-Mar-24
I think a person can attack the media for manipulating headlines to spin a story without defending the person they are talking about. A man could beat someone to death after catching him having sex with his wife, but if the media claims it was a racist hate crime then they are both in the wrong. This thread is about the media misrepresenting what was said to gain favor for a political side. Are you guys really defending that?

18-Mar-24
Even Snopes now has said Trump was talking about a bloodbath in the automotive industry and NOT about people getting killed .

The progressive left media have their faces smeared with egg again that they themselves smeared on their face .

Fool me once shame on you.

Fool me twice shame on me

But they never learn but the American people do

18-Mar-24
Are you guys really defending that?

Nope. In the case of the bloodbath comments they were completely overblown and anyone suggesting Trump was promoting violence there was 100% wrong.

But that doesn’t preclude me from being disgusted by what people are defending.

18-Mar-24
That's the point, attacking the media isn't defending Trump. I simply want an accurate representation and not "completely overblown" bs. It really pisses me off that I can't trust the media... but they've proven over and over that I can't trust them.

18-Mar-24
Ya know its funny... I work with a bunch of Democrats and some Republicans... But the guy talk is real! It's a real thing and some of the women I work with are far worse with the stuff they talk about at work. I am not a Trumpster, and I have always said he just needs to SHUT THE F UP!!!! But I will take him and his big mouth over any democrat any day of the week!

This country is in terrible trouble and very bad things are coming our way! Our military is horribly under manned and weak! We are in horrible dept to the Chinese and we keep letting illegals enter our country and taking care of them while screwing our vets and US citizens in trouble! Honestly, I think we are screwed no matter what at this point!! There is no way to turn this shit show around!!!

18-Mar-24
So I'd like to see everyone's thinking of what would happen if Trump loses. Will there be chaos or will it be peaceful?

18-Mar-24

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

18-Mar-24

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

18-Mar-24
Reason #12220 why this site is dying a slow death.

18-Mar-24
”But that doesn’t preclude me from being disgusted by what people are defending.”

there you go with the “defending” thing again.

you seem to have trouble differentiating between what someone doesand what they say they could do.

trump also said ”i could stand in the middle of fifth avenue and shoot somebody and i wouldnt lose any voters.”

does that mean he did it…or that the media should report that he is a murderer?

thats what this thread is about. the inability or unwillingness of some to accurately report what was said or done.

18-Mar-24
Can you imagine what a hot mic would pick up with Biden?

18-Mar-24
This thread evolved into one of the most uneducated, dumb threads ever. I am telling you now, throw the Libs (including family members) out of your hunting circle now. I did and hunting life is so much better. Libs are not our friends, no mooching of from me. Stop the mooching now.

18-Mar-24
Victory News is the only truth out there. I do follow Newsmax some also. The rest are just selling air time.

Shane

18-Mar-24
”Can you imagine what a hot mic would pick up with Biden?”

exactly…but therein lies the rub. very few…if any of the main stream media outlets would run it. many would actively work to suppress it.

18-Mar-24
Liberate hunters and yourselves, throw the Libs out now. It is easy, even a big fat sow has only so many places to mooch. Don't be gilt tripped, throw the sucklings out now.

18-Mar-24
We survived people putting people in the "crosshairs", we will survive "bloodbath"

18-Mar-24
thats what this thread is about. the inability or unwillingness of some to accurately report what was said or done.

Exactly. That statement applies to people on Internet forums just as much as it applies to the media.

At best Trump’s Access Hollywood comments are disgustingly toxic, and no less news worthy from a man running for President; at worst, well, they’re far worse. When Trump said “I don’t wait,” what was he talking about not waiting for, Ricky? When he said “they let you do it,” do you think he meant they gave him permission, or that they just didn’t put up a fight? I’d say one needs only to look at the record of sexual misconduct and harassment allegations against the man to answer those questions.

18-Mar-24
Guys, hunters and hunting is losing. It is time to divide and conquer. Throw the liberal enemies out of your hunting camps now, trans hunting family members included.

18-Mar-24
Divide and conquer !!

19-Mar-24

election manipulation 201...

make a collage of out of the aforementioned out of context quotes/lies/snippits...turn it into a misleading campaign ad...flood social media with said ad.

19-Mar-24
"At best Trump’s Access Hollywood comments are disgustingly toxic, and no less news worthy from a man running for President; at worst, well, they’re far worse. When Trump said “I don’t wait,” what was he talking about not waiting for, Ricky? When he said “they let you do it,” do you think he meant they gave him permission, or that they just didn’t put up a fight?"

A friend once told me he was fat because every time he banged my mom she made him a sandwich. I didn't take him seriously.

19-Mar-24
Meanwhile, nobody will bond Trump for $450 million. Hard to borrow against your real estate holdings when it's been ruled that you inflated their value. Oh, the irony.

19-Mar-24
Dana, you are one miserable person.

19-Mar-24
i suspect the reason no one will put up the bond is not because of the collateral, but because of cancel culture, the risk of the irs, and the corrupt legal system. the person or company would become a big never-ending target.

it is simply bad business to be aligned with or show any allegiance to trump, especially if you are a public traded company.

he will have a hard time getting a good candidate to accept the vp position, and to get cabinet members if he wins.

19-Mar-24
WV, actually I am dancing with glee over here ;-)

" it is simply bad business to be aligned with or show any allegiance to trump, especially if you are a public traded company. "

Nails it. People - and companies - are starting to figure out that that Trump stank don't wash out.

And wait until he starts stiffing his lawyers. The lawsuits will be going on long after he passes. Like a pack of 'yotes fighting over a skinny rabbit.

19-Mar-24
"I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know I'm automatically attracted to beautiful... I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

The reading level is around a 7-8th grade. It's very obvious that he is talking about kissing when he says he doesn't wait. He refers to kissing 3 times in the same paragraph.

"Grab them by the #@@$" is in reference to "whatever you want". Usually a reply to this type of statement is very outlandish to prove the anything and whatever statements.

"I don't even wait...Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything" This is a quote from earlier in the thread. Much has been cut from it and it has a very different meaning than the actual transcripts read. This proves the point of the thread perfectly; the media is far to willing to cut, edit, and manipulate the presentation to create bias. I honestly think there should be infractions for "news" networks who do this. What we see in the news most of the time should be reserved for entertainment type shows.

19-Mar-24
“At best Trump’s Access Hollywood comments are disgustingly toxic, and no less news worthy from a man running for President; at worst, well, they’re far worse.”

Funny how you guys think you’re the moral authority when it comes to what’s toxic and what’s not! China joe calls MAGA folk’s domestic terrorists, and you guys just chuckle and agree! Lol! Too bad we don’t all have a verbal transcript of the things we’ve said in our lives. I bet 5 bucks you liberal do-gooders have made your share of stupid comments!

19-Mar-24
FWIW - Joe Biden actually DID grab someone by the pussy (Tara Reade) but surprisingly our resident Dems want to believe 'all women' except her, and surprsingly have no interest in a court trial or an $83m judgement in that case at all. Strange....

19-Mar-24
Made my share, but I ain't running for President. You'd think somebody with a large 'public profile' would have an equal measure of discretion. Whether he's a businessman or a politician wannabe.

19-Mar-24
Funny how you guys think you’re the moral authority when it comes to what’s toxic and what’s not!

You don't have to take my word for it. Poll the women in your life and see how they feel.

19-Mar-24
""Grab them by the #@@$" is in reference to "whatever you want". Usually a reply to this type of statement is very outlandish to prove the anything and whatever statements."

exactly.

if trump is anything...he is the king of hyperbole...i think he calls it "truthful hyperbole." according to him its the "art of the deal."

"i could stand in the middle of 5th ave and shoot someone"...

"you can do anything...grab them by the pu**y"...

"i will end that war in one day"...

"the best this...the worst that...the highest this...the lowest that...the highest ratings...the lowest ratings..."

...and the list goes on and on.

anyone with half a brain (and not suffering from tds) takes the hyperbole for exactly what it is...puffery.

every single politician is prone to it...trump just takes it to a different level and it drives the left mad.

tds is real...

19-Mar-24
"You don't have to take my word for it. Poll the women in your life and see how they feel.

are you married beg?

19-Mar-24
anyone with half a brain (and not suffering from tds) takes the hyperbole for exactly what it is...puffery.

The dozens of people who have come forward over the years accusing him of varying degrees of sexual misconduct over the years would probably disagree.

are you married beg?

Yep

19-Mar-24
I dont know, guys. My theory here is pretty simple. I'm confident that people like Mike Pence, and a ton of the people that worked with him, noting he is not fit for president and that they wont support him, could not possibly know how the guy operates on the job as well as MAGA nation. After all, those guys are all RINOish wannabees. They just didnt like it when DJT was mean to them. No. None of them had ever worked in big situations (obviously I'm being sarcastic, they all had worked in far more challenging situations than DJT) or new anything about government or national or world politics. I mean, DJT says he only hires the absolute best, which is the only real outcome since he says he is not responsible for anything and is the smartest person on earth.

Yes, the guy with the gold plated toilet. He's the hero of America. He should sell the toilet, seems like he's got some financial challenges currently. Oh, that's right, he just took over the RNC and rehired his pardoned buddy to help with those problems.

19-Mar-24
People in both parties shift their views and support with the political winds. They are thinking only about their futures, not Trumps, not mine, and not yours.

Pence and others are perfect examples. They will watch the political future meter and adjust accordingly. Sick really.

19-Mar-24
"yep"

serious question...

what if your wife were to hear an actual recording of all your banter between bros...at the bar...at hunting camp...the office...the gym...the car?

if you polled all women...how do you think theyd feel about some of the things that you've said or done?

we are men. men are attracted to women (at least most men are). men can be crude (as can women). men exaggerate about their prowess with the opposite sex and the things theyve done. they exaggerate about the size of the fish they caught...the deer they shoot...their bank accounts and of course the size of other things.

if were being honest...you and i are no different...its just that our recordings arent broadcast on national television.

yes...trump can be a pig...and yes...trump has probably even "sexually assaulted women. depending on the woman and her motivations...so have you and i...and almost everyone here.

have you ever touched a woman and had her reject your advances? thats sexual assault if a woman wants it to be...and a sympathetic jury agrees. have you ever said xyz woman is a nutcase...a liar...a slut...or a bi*ch? thats defamation if a woman wants it to be and sympathetic jury agrees.

if only we all held ourselves to the exact standards that we seem to want to hold others to...

19-Mar-24
" I'm confident that people like Mike Pence..."

interesting you bring up pence. he is probably about as polar opposite to trump as you are going to find. by the way they talk about trump...you think the left would like and respect that. right?

instead the left accuses pence of being a religious fanatic...out of touch...and whatever else they can think of to disparage him. remember when the left literally ridiculed pence for saying he does not eat alone with a woman or attend an event where alcohol is being served unless his wife is present?

19-Mar-24
what if your wife were to hear an actual recording of all your banter between bros...at the bar...at hunting camp...the office...the gym...the car?

I'm sure she'd be pretty disgusted by some of the things that have come out of my mouth or my friend's mouths over the years, and rightfully so.

if you polled all women...how do you think theyd feel about some of the things that you've said or done?

See the answer above.

yes...trump can be a pig...and yes...trump has probably even "sexually assaulted women. depending on the woman and her motivations...so have you and i...and almost everyone here.

What are you saying? That's okay??

we are men. men are attracted to women (at least most men are). men can be crude (as can women). men exaggerate about their prowess with the opposite sex and the things theyve done.

And there's a fine line between playful banter (see the ham sandwich joke midwest posted above) and misogyny and toxic masculinity (see Trump's comments). Frankly, as I've matured, I find much of the braggadocio to be distasteful. And listening to women in my life - like my wife - describe the behavior she has had to put up with over the years and the ways it made her feel I'm more sensitive to it.

Sure, lots of people can be crude and offensive, to varying degrees; regardless, it doesn't mean it's something that should be condoned or aspired to. Bragging about aggressively kissing women or going around and grabbing their genitalia to me is a sign of someone with pretty poor character, on multiple levels. YMMV.

19-Mar-24

elkmtngear's Link
"Grab them by the Pussy"

Hey, isn't that basically what Joe Biden did to Tara Reade, when she was an intern (allegedly)?

Backed her up against a wall, fingered her, and said "C'mon man, I thought you liked me" !

So, if you are basing casting your vote on the fact that someone is a "pussy grabber"...I'll take the one that's more aligned with Conservative values (also the one with a Son who is an avid bowhunter) ;^)

19-Mar-24
"yes...trump can be a pig...and yes...trump has probably even "sexually assaulted women. depending on the woman and her motivations...so have you and i...and almost everyone here."

BS Speak for yourself. I've never sexually assaulted anyone. "We all do it" is that your defense now? Another all-time low for Ricky. You must have been raised by a mother that was the complete opposite of mine. Again, pretty pathetic to watch a guy carry water for another guy and make up excuses for his sexual assaults and misconduct.

Are you really saying that all men sexually assault women so it's ok for Trump. That's your stance? Honestly, that doesn't sound like you.

19-Mar-24
“You don't have to take my word for it. Poll the women in your life and see how they feel.”

Lol! Not all women are bleeding heart liberals. Most women with common sense will call trump a blowhard, but would still enjoy the good that he brought to the country, without having to become part of the swamp to do it! They also don’t need the media to tell them how to feel about the scary orange man, that is bringing the blood bath! I can’t help but wonder; what if trump boned a young intern in the White House? Oh wait, that was already done by a lying, cheating, democrat.

19-Mar-24
Will, I think there are a LOT more Dems that would replace Biden if they could compared to Republicans wanting to replace Trump.

19-Mar-24
Yall humor me.......

Remember the flaming I received for openly speaking about the defiance I had for Leo in my youth...on the fall of Minneapolis thread...in fact I challenged yall to share some of your colorful moments from the past and nothing but crickets.........I believe one person admitted to smoking weed , and another replied what happens in the barn stays in the barn......

I feel truly blessed & perhaps liberated is a better word, that I have no secrets in my life, my closet doors are wide open & the skeletons roam freely.....

I speak with my friends on speaker phone in front of my wife with zero worries......

I actually admire trumps lack of filter openness ,,,,,,however it's not necessarily a quality trait for an ex & possible next potus,,,,,,,

The man's big mouth seems to do more harm than good in most instances, the only exception is his loyalist worshipers, whom I find quite interesting, perhaps not quite the Jim Jones kool-aid drinkers, but not far from it.........yall know who ya are,,,,like for instance, Yall trying to convince me that what I watched live on Jan 6th was nothing more than a peaceful tour of the capital building.

Yes I voted for him in the past & intend to again, but not cause I wanted to, but rather it was the only choice.....

19-Mar-24
Yes I voted for him in the past & intend to again, but not cause I wanted to, but rather it was the only choice.....

“the only exception is his loyalist worshipers, whom I find quite interesting, perhaps not quite the Jim Jones kool-aid drinkers, but not far from it.........yall know who ya are”

Congratulations Times, for joining the loyalist worshipers. All you have to do is admit you did, or will, vote for him. You can’t vote for him and hate him at the same time. That’s against the leftist rules.

19-Mar-24
I disagree,,,,,,,I don't hate Trump, just feel that he falls way short of the dignity one should expect from the potus.

To be perfectly clear,,,,,my votes for Trump have been a defensive vote "against" the other candidates........kinda sad actually, but it is what it is......

19-Mar-24
"What are you saying? That's okay??"

no...i was simply stating a fact. one that you apparently agree with.

19-Mar-24
BS Speak for yourself. I've never sexually assaulted anyone. "We all do it" is that your defense now? Another all-time low for Ricky. You must have been raised by a mother that was the complete opposite of mine. Again, pretty pathetic to watch a guy carry water for another guy and make up excuses for his sexual assaults and misconduct.

Are you really saying that all men sexually assault women so it's ok for Trump. That's your stance? Honestly, that doesn't like you.

talk about captain hyperbole. what an insufferable dolt.

if that is what you got out of what i said...you need serious help. you are the literal poster child for what we are talking about here. taking things out of context...and regurgitating them in a way that fits your twisted liberal worldview.

as to the way i was raised...my mother and father both raised me to respect women...thank you...and that is the way i raised my kids. that is completely different that how some women...especially those with an agenda or a vendetta...perceive things.

19-Mar-24
"if were being honest...you and i are no different...its just that our recordings arent broadcast on national television.

yes...trump can be a pig...and yes...trump has probably even "sexually assaulted women. depending on the woman and her motivations...so have you and i...and almost everyone here."

have you ever touched a woman and had her reject your advances? thats sexual assault if a woman wants it to be...and a sympathetic jury agrees. have you ever said xyz woman is a nutcase...a liar...a slut...or a bi*ch? thats defamation if a woman wants it to be and sympathetic jury agrees."

Ricky- There is your full context. Did I not say, "doesn't sound like you." I gave you a chance to clarify yet you didn't. It's still BS to try to normalize sexual assault. Your argument in context is a still bunch of hogwash. I don't call other women derogatory names and I have never sexually assaulted any person ever. So, If I'm not forcibly kissing or touching women without their expressed permission, don't equate what trump has done to me or all other men because they could be accused of the same thing. Toxic logic (if not victim blaming), pretty pathetic, and completely BS.

19-Mar-24
I asked my wife. She said I'm voting for Trump's policies and the Supreme Court."

19-Mar-24
My wife is voting for Trump and his policies too. Neither one of us could give a rats ass about jokes, victim's me too claims and locker room talk. We have all heard it most of our lives, just part of life. We want what is best for this country, the Liberal agenda is not it.

19-Mar-24
Missouribreaks- I'm guessing your wife doesn't have much of a choice as you might kick her out of your camp LOL.

19-Mar-24
Good one ks, lol.

19-Mar-24
Just a little humor. What if she kicks you out of camp? Then what are you going to do?

19-Mar-24
He will do what all of us that have been kicked out of camp did.

19-Mar-24
KS. That made my day. Got a good chuckle out of that.

19-Mar-24
I would maybe go to the border, new ones are coming across every day.

19-Mar-24
Lol

19-Mar-24
"and yes...trump has probably even "sexually assaulted" women...depending on the woman and her motivations...so have you and i...and almost everyone here."

"have you ever touched a woman and had her reject your advances? thats sexual assault if a woman wants it to be...and a sympathetic jury agrees.

yes...that is the full context...and yes...i stand by it. please pay special attention to "depending on the woman and her motivations" and "have you ever touched a woman and had her reject your advances? thats sexual assault if a woman wants it to be...and a sympathetic jury agrees.

i have never "sexually assaulted" a woman either...but given the right woman...and the right motivation...i have no doubt whatsoever that somewhere along the way...some woman could have accused me of that...and given a sympathetic jury...who knows how it would have turned out. all it would take is a woman brushing your hand away from somewhere she didnt happen to want it to be...at that given time.

never without "expressed permission? give me a break.

i can see it now...

ksf: excuse me young lady would you like to dance?

yl: sure

ksf: reaching for her hand..."is it ok if i hold your hand?"

yl: yes

ksf: reaching the dance floor..."may i put my arms around you?"

ksf: this is nice..."might i lower my hand below the small of your back?"

yl: "ummm...I guess so"

ksl: "thats kind of ambiguous...do i have expressed permission to lower my hand below the small of your back?"

yl: "ok"

ksf: "does ok mean yes? i really need you to say yes or no."

ksf: as the song is coming to an end..."would it be ok if i kissed you?"

ksf: kisses yl on the lips...and proceeds to use his tongue...at the same time lowers his hand to yls buttocks.

yl: shocked and horrified..."hey, what are you doing? are you some kind of pervert? i said you could kiss me...not lick me? i never said you could grope my buttocks!"

ksf: but...but...but...

yl: get your hands off me and never touch me again...im calling the police.

ksf: but...but...but...

yl: you will be hearing from my attorney...in about 30 years or so.

ksf: omg...how am i ever going to tell my mother about this egregious act. she raised me better than this. i am so ashamed.

see how ridiculous that sounds?

every single one of us has at some point done something that some woman...based on her motivations...and a whole hoset of other factors...would or could perceive as unwanted.

if anyone is bsing here...it is the one that claims he has gotten "expressed permission" before ever touching any woman.

this would be funny if it wasnt so pathetic.

19-Mar-24
I always carried a legal waiver LOL

19-Mar-24
It sounds absolutely ridiculous. I just wait until they voluntarily get naked. Seems like a pretty solid yes.

Please refrain from going through your endless fictional and ridiculous scenerios...again

Let Beendare, Builder07, and sundowner carry some of that sexual assault water for ya. You don't have to do it all yourself.

19-Mar-24

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo

19-Mar-24
”It sounds absolutely ridiculous.”

I couldn’t agree more. your “expressed consent” before ever touching a woman…cuz that’s how your mommy raised you goes beyond ridiculous to moronic…just like your voted for biden “for the constitution” bs.

i have to tell you…if your circle of friends believe that crap…you need to get out more…but heaven forbid don’t touch anyone without ”expressed consent. lol

19-Mar-24
Ricky- If that's all you know of women and relationships no wonder you so high strung and mad at life with many posts. Makes perfect sense.

19-Mar-24
Boone's Farm always seemed to lighten consensual moods a little.

19-Mar-24
"mad at life?"

hardly...but keep flopping there bubba...youre almost back to the water. be careful not to touch that little girls feet though...im not sure shes given you "expressed consent." lol

19-Mar-24
Good one lol

19-Mar-24
Mint - it's possible. I highly doubt it though. I know many D's who disagree with some positions of Bidens. People who wish he was not allowing so much oil to be pumped or who don't like his position on Israel or whatnot. I know some folks who are D's that feel he's to far left and some who feel he's to far right.

Every single one, even if they vote differently in primaries, every one is stead fast that the concept of DJT getting within 10 miles of the white house again is horrific. Once November rolls around, many will happily fill in the dot for Joe... and some will do it because there are two options, and one is so far from anything they want while the other is a lot closer and they can see good things he's done.

Missouri - it could be. Given it was very clear from even within DJT's time in office that person after person who actually had expertise in their field that he brought into his orbit, thought he was bad news. Maybe all those folks just decided "the wind is blowing this way now"... But given any R who speaks out against him for the last 8-9 years basically is black listed and primaried out of existence... Ill disagree with the possibility that they are political opportunists. Saying Trump stinks is a political career ender today if you want to be in the GOP. The biggest example cold be Liz Cheney. She literally voted FOR more of DJTs attempts at policy than anyone or nearly anyone in the house, but she spoke truthfully about his actions and she gets the boot. Heck, even Lankford. He helped write a very conservative border bill that would have helped a lot, and the modern GOP said "DJT said no, so we wont do this - even though it's basically a wish list and we asked for it". Not only that, his state party censured him for speaking truly about the bill because it made DJT look bad. Is Lankford a bad Republican or conservative? Heck no. The guy, by all measures, is a super conservative politician. But he didnt bend over and take one for the team, so - "he's horrible" to the modern GOP.

There are just way to many instances in the modern version of the GOP. It's not about policy, good governing, ideas... It's about: did you compliment the big guy and did you kiss the ring. If not, get the heck out. As DJT said: "We dont need you".

We will find out if you need them in November, Donald.

19-Mar-24

bigeasygator's embedded Photo
Just for you 4nolz.

19-Mar-24
My, we've come such a long way in last 15-20, just lovely. Drag shows for tender age children in our schools. That progressive mentality is movin' us foward in all sorts of ways I couldn't have imagined just a few ago. God Bless the Socialists HUH?

19-Mar-24
They are not genetically male. They may be transmasculine but they’re not male

19-Mar-24
"Seems to me that auto plants in Mexico would keep a lot of people from migrating north."

I'm pretty sure the majority of those that are illegally crossing the border have no interest in working an honest job.

20-Mar-24
I'm pretty sure the majority of those that are illegally crossing the border have no interest in working an honest job.

lol man, the propaganda really is effective, eh?

20-Mar-24
The whole stinking thing is a big mess.....ALL the finger pointing, slander, corruption, using media, and social media to gain political power, misinformation, he said, she said, he said.......

We have turned into one stinking foul society.....led by a Gov't full of educated boys with soft hands and 3 piece suits, all cackling like hens in a hen house.

Shake it off America....let's clean up our act, and get this mess cleaned up....

20-Mar-24
Very interesting discussion. A few points from my perspective………

From my close observations of those living the lifestyle of the privileged, wealthy, and powerful, nowhere near the huge money or level of politics discussed here, there are both women and men who will do absolutely anything to get inside or even ride along. On the opposite end of the socio-economic scale some people will kill a person for $20.

Sometimes the difference between a lady and a tramp depends only upon her mood. Women can be every bit as base, crude, and carnal as men. And yes, they crudely talk about men. Some women even have sex with men - and like it.

As a retired trial lawyer i can assure you that civil and criminal assault differ. Having tried cases seeing the core of both men and women, they can be equally rotten.

The whacko liberals project their foul and evil deeds upon the conservatives - “Trump will prosecute his political enemies”. As a lifetime conservative, and now as a producer of the best domestic oil and gas, my vote will be for Donald Trump.

20-Mar-24
"I'm pretty sure the majority of those that are illegally crossing the border have no interest in working an honest job."

Can't speak for the rest of America, but in my neck of the woods, the va coast, the commercial waterman & aquaculture industry here have a terrible time keeping good help ,,,in general the young white men will work long enough to get an 8 ball or bottle of pills & go Mia for days......the Hispanics are hard workers,,,,however if you can't keep em busy 10 hours a day 6 days a week, they'll go somewhere else that can,,,,,,it's been my observation that in general, the above statement couldn't be more wrong.

The immigrants are not leaving poverty to come to poverty,,,,,,,,their leaving poverty to come to opportunity,,,,,

20-Mar-24
"Sometimes the difference between a lady and a tramp depends only upon her mood. Women can be every bit as base, crude, and carnal as men. And yes, they crudely talk about men. Some women even have sex with men - and like it.

As a retired trial lawyer i can assure you that civil and criminal assault differ. Having tried cases seeing the core of both men and women, they can be equally rotten."

good points.

im no attorney but i do have family and friends that are and we...discuss stuff like this often. one of my wifes friends acts as attorney ad litem in our county. she will tell you that there is not much more evil and vindictive than a woman in a divorce/custody battle. what she has seen in terms of false accusations...especially those of a sexual nature...would make you vomit...and the women are very convincing.

point being..."sexual assault" can be very subjective. especially in a civil case because the burden of proof is so much lower. the difference between preponderance of the evidence and beyond a reasonable doubt is huge. a woman with an agenda...a prosecutor with an agenda...a jury with an agenda...a media with an agenda...can all work...both separately and together...to reach a desired outcome.

the ironic part of this discussion is that the people who cant stand trump...in part because of his hyperbolic nature...have no problem making hyperbolic arguments themselves.

"projection" is an integral part of the liberal playbook. accuse others of doing exactly what they do.

20-Mar-24
Timex gets it.

20-Mar-24
"The immigrants are not leaving poverty to come to poverty,,,,,,,,their leaving poverty to come to opportunity,,,,,"

"Timex gets it."

actually...im not sure he does.

does it really matter what they are leaving and what they are seeking? america is under no obligation to accept every person who just wants a better life. wanting to improve ones life is not a valid basis for seeking asylum.

there is a specific process for those that are only seeking a better way of life...and flooding the border is not it.

as to "opportunity"...to some coming across the border "opportunity means more fertile grounds for crime. even if it is a small percentage...it can be massive.

if only 1 out of 1000 of those crossing the border are coming here to commit crimes... that means 10,000 people out of the 10,000,000 or so that have already crossed under biden. and those are the ones that we have actually encountered. what about all the "got aways" that snuck across without being being encountered by border patrol? that is estimated at about 2,000,000. what percentage of those are criminals?

20-Mar-24
No, he gets it, Ricky.

does it really matter what they are leaving and what they are seeking?

Yes.

america is under no obligation to accept every person who just wants a better life. wanting to improve ones life is not a valid basis for seeking asylum.

We don’t accept everyone. And we are under obligations to allow entry, both legally and I’d argue morally. How soon we forget Emma Lazarus.

20-Mar-24

"No, he gets it, Ricky."

really?

which one of the 5 criteria for asylum do opportunity...seeking a better life...willingness to work hard...cant find american workers...americans are lazy...fall under.

20-Mar-24
Nobody mentioned asylum so not sure why you’re bringing it into the conversation. There are other criteria under which foreign nationals can enter and work in this country.

20-Mar-24
"Nobody mentioned asylum so not sure why you’re bringing it into the conversation".

because thats what the overwhelming number of people the border patrol encounters are claiming. they arent there applying for work visas. and you can bet your last peso that the millions of "got aways damn sure arent sneaking across with the intention of applying for a work visa.

"There are other criteria under which foreign nationals can enter and work in this country."

yes...there is a legal process for foreign nationals to enter and work...and to my knowledge...not many people are against that legal process.

nice try...

20-Mar-24
While the MSM is trying to misconstrue Trumps comments:

A Venezuelan national who is one of Interpol’s most wanted fugitives and ranks among Colombia’s most wanted cartel members was arrested in New Braunfels, Texas last week.

Aderbis Segundo Pirela, 29, a high-ranking leader of the notorious Los Satanás gang operating out of Bogotá, Colombia, faces multiple charges, including homicide, extortion, and drug trafficking. He walked through Bidens open border on Jan 2nd. ——-

Hunter Biden had full access to the secret files Joe kept in his garage and unlocked office. In fact NYPost reporter Miranda Devine, posts screen shots of Hunters emails that have 22 critical details most likely derived from the Top Secret intelligence reports ( full report @mirandadevine on twitter has screen shots of Hunters emails from his laptop he left at the computer store) So Biden was handing over Eyes Only intelligence briefings to his crackhead son ——- Drag Queen Feted By Kamala Harris Accused of Multiple Sexual Assaults- this creep was in the WH at Kamalas request. Some Biden excuse makers might recognize this guy from that drag queen TV show (the whole gross story is at amgreatness.com) ——-

The politically corrupt justice system moves to quickly seize half a billion in assets from Trump- though Ruth Bader Ginsberg ruled many years ago on the dangers of ridiculously huge fines against individuals ——-

Just another day of Democrat leadership in America….sheesh.

20-Mar-24
Trump is suing Stephanopolis and ABC for defamation of character for lying about him being convicted as a rapist.

With any luck he’ll recover enough money to bail him out of his own nefarious charges!

20-Mar-24
Ricky..........

I grew up hard ,,, absolutely not ashamed to admit that there's been plenty of times in my younger years that I struggled to pay bills,,,,,to the point of pawning firearms just to get by,,,I know what hard times are,,,,,,watching Trump refer to these people as vermin & not human was especially sad to me,,,especially coming from a man born into a millionaire household. I'm most certain that the hard times I endured earlier in my life would be considered living luxurious compared to the struggles these people have endured.........

Yes you bet,,,, ,I have sympathy for these folks......

No doubt the southern border is a crisis, but I view some folks lack of empathy just as disheartening.

Bad situation all the way around......but vermin & non human.......seriously........

20-Mar-24
How do you work an “honest job” if you are here illegally???

With some rare exceptions doesn’t an illegal alien have to break additional laws to work here?

20-Mar-24
The problem with sympathy is that it more often than not clouds sound and reasonable judgement...

20-Mar-24
An illegal can now own a firearm... and Trump was referring to gang members, murderers, rapists... keep it in context, I grew up hard but that was in my past, I just don't dwell on it... does not define who I am today. scentman

20-Mar-24
I think the family of the people killed and/or raped by the illegal aliens might consider them vermin and/or not human. I know not all are like that but the problem is there is no way to sort out good or bad with they are letting everyone pour across the border . Hundreds of people on terrorist watch list are coming over, it’s not unreasonable to consider that murderers, rapists, and other criminals are simply walking across and filtering throughout our society

20-Mar-24
"Bad situation all the way around......but vermin & non human.......seriously........"

while i support your right to have an opinion...i think your closing sentence brings this discussion full circle and is a perfect illustration of why i started this thread...which was...

"how those on the left (like some posting here) attempt to manipulate elections by flooding the media with lies about trump."

much of the media...as well as many on the left...and now even you are accusing trump of calling immigrants "vermin" and "non human."

yet again...those terms have been taken completely out of context.

when he used the term "vermin" he wasnt even necessarily talking about immigrants...

what he said was "we will root out the communists...marxists...fascists...and the radical left thugs that live like vermin within the confines of our country..."

...and even then...he didnt call them vermin...he said they" live like vermin"...which also means (according to the dictionary) "people perceived as despicable and as causing problems for the rest of society."

i dont know about you...but taken in context... I agree with him. but that sure as heck isnt the way the left and the media are feeding us.

as to "non human"...again trump never said that about all immigrants.

what he actually said was "if i had prisons that were teaming with ms-13 and all sorts of people that they have to take care of for the next 50 years...right...young people that are in jail for years...if you call them people...i dont know if you call them people...in some cases theyre not people in my opinion..."

again...not quite the trump said immigrants are non human narrative that the media and the left are feeding us.

i dont know about you...but taken in context...i agree with him.

anyone that would kill a young nursing student by dragging her off a trail while jogging...and smashing her skull beyond recognition...for no apparent reason...is non human.

but again...thats not what the media and some on the left are feeding us.

thank you for illustrating my original point so clearly.

20-Mar-24
Scentman......

Agreed that I don't dwell on the hard times from my past,,,,,,but 100% enduring those hard times has made me the man I am today.

I can relate to folks that are struggling in life

20-Mar-24
Timex, if I used my past as an excuse I could have taken a different path in life and blame it on all the people and experiences that had a negative impact throughout the yrs. , inside you is good or bad... everyone struggles in life even rich folk, they have the same things going on in life, just because they are rich don't make them bad.

20-Mar-24
In my opinion our country has taken a blood bath since the botched Afghanistan pull out. Heck things were running good when Trump was president. Maybe because he’s a businessman and not a crooked politician. Today those extreme democratic liberals don’t even know what a woman is. It sure the heck isn’t the guy they wanted to put on the Bud Light can. What’s really scary is that open border? You just have to wonder how many terrorists have actually gotten the United States And what their plan is you would think 911 would’ve been a big enough wake up call. And not backing up Israel right now is really crazy. Also, since the administration has taken office, we have defund the police. Just take a look how that’s working out It’s called lack of leadership. Even if you didn’t like Trump, you had to like his policies and he was a good leader. He’s got my vote this time around.

20-Mar-24
Scentman.............

Never considered myself to be a bad person,,,,defiant would probably describe me best.... Married at 22 first child at 23 , 2nd child at 27 whome became type 1 diabetic at 13 months, I was a self employed sub contractor with no medical insurance, the doctor bills I've paid in my life are staggering.....when I speak of hard times it's mostly been the financial burdens.........and on that aspect I feel a person born into a wealthy family just can't comprehend having to sacrifice just to get by.....

I can sympathize with folks that have nothing ,,,just trying to improve theirs & their children's lives.

20-Mar-24
"The immigrants are not leaving poverty to come to poverty,,,,,,,,their leaving poverty to come to opportunity,,,,,"

So as long as someone's intentions are good you justify breaking the law? You claim moral superiority but yet...

20-Mar-24
When I was general contracting construction labor, I always looked for sub-contractors with migrant Mexican workers. Those crews never disappointed me. I can't say the same for other crews.

20-Mar-24
"So as long as someone's intentions are good you justify breaking the law? You claim moral superiority but yet..."

Yes intent does matter and always has. For example why are there 10 different types or charges for killing someone (premeditated, negligence, manslaughter, etc.). A mother stealing medicine to help her dying child isn't the same as an addict stealing opioids from the same pharmacy.

Like Timex, I don't fault illegal immigrants wanting a better life for their family and trying to illegally cross. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for my kids and family.

Timex is spot on.

Damn you Timex for making me say that

20-Mar-24
Rutnstrut..........

Let's just pretend "you" were born into some poop hole country with a totally corrupt government & your soul existence in life is to work & live in a shack & survive on rice / grain portage your entire life,,, your only possible way out is to leave the only life you've ever know , with what you can carry and walk for .....I honestly don't know how many miles, days, weeks, months,,,to hopefully, possibly, get to a better life,,,,,

I don't live on the southern border & perhaps if I did I'd have a different perspective.....

But if you don't have the least bit of compassion for these people......you've never lived a hard day in your life....

20-Mar-24
Timex, I have read and followed you here on the site and would never accuse of being a bad person, you have learned from the school of hard knocks and you sir are definitely hard... in a good way. From your somewhat biography of yourself you have accomplished a whole lot more in your life than most at our age and I'm sure you have the hands to show it... my point was no matter who you are and how much money you have or the clothes on your back, we are all the same... my cousin lost her 35 yr. old son to the evils of Crack, she has taught me a life time of love that my selfishness never knew existed. I'm with you Todd, damn your fishing and recipe threads make me envious ;0) scentman

20-Mar-24
"But if you don't have the least bit of compassion for these people......you've never lived a hard day in your life...."

Of course I have compassion for those fleeing unimaginable horrors in their country for a better life. I also agree with those that are saying the Mexican workers have an excellent work ethic. My best friend and hunting buddy is Mexican. His parents came to our country LEGALLY. They followed the process as have many other family and friends of theirs. They spent money and time to do it legally. They have never taken a handout from the government. That can not be said for a lot of the illegals that sleepy Joe has welcomed into the country. But hey, as long as you guys can sit on your high horse all is good.

20-Mar-24
A huge percentage of the planet would love to come here "In search of a better life", to "provide for their family". No secret.

The question is, how many do we allow in? 500 million? A billion? At what point is the tipping point reached, and will our resources be overextended before that magical threshold is reached?

21-Mar-24
The new EPA rules going into effect in a few years are going to be a blood bath for many of us because we won't be able to afford transportation. We'll be walking. It'll take all week to get to the grocery store and back. Going grocery shopping will be a Thru-hiking adventure.

21-Mar-24
Mike, here in NY they are talking about banning wood stoves... banning gas appliances and banning gas, diesel vehicles... not to mention our right to bear arms is constantly being attacked... move 5 chapters in this Orwellian novel and it don't look good. scentman

21-Mar-24
" But hey, as long as you guys can sit on your high horse all is good."

we see that here all time...on a whole variety of issues.

its pretty easy to have "compassion" with someone elses dime...someone elses property...someone elses life...someone elses kids.

there are all kinds of programs available to volunteer to house...feed...mentor...and directly donate to the illegal immigrant cause. how many of those here talking "compassion" have stepped up to volunteer in any of those areas?

how many of those talking "compassion" actually have kids in schools that overwhelmed by illegal immigrant children that dont speak a word of english...and the resources needed to accommodate them are taken from other programs? where is the "compassion" for them?

how many of those talking "compassion" have lost a family member or had a family member murdered... raped...or injured at the hands of an illegal immigrant...that may or may not have had numerous other run ins with the law? where is the "compassion" for them?

how many of those talking "compassion" have a daughter that is forced to compete in sports or share their private spaces with biological males? where is the "compassion" for them?

how many of those talking "compassion" have businesses that are routinely robbed...looted...burned and victimized by smash and grabbers? where is the "compassion" for them?

how may of those talking"compassion" would have no problem with someone poaching deer (especially a buck that is on the "hit list") off their land or "squatting" at their camp?

21-Mar-24
"The immigrants are not leaving poverty to come to poverty,,,,,,,,their leaving poverty to come to opportunity,,,,," Maybe in the past but a lot of the current crop are coming for the handouts. Take one look at the NYC illegals causing all kind of trouble and complaining about the free housing, free food and free healthcare. One thing is for sure, the benefit programs will have to see cuts because the money has run out.

21-Mar-24
Ricky........

Your, literally, humorous......

Wasn't until I was in my middle 40s that my boys were on their own, I went to work for a local seafood hauling company & lived in a road tractor for 10 years, if I got to sleep in my bed with my wife 6 nights a month I was lucky....we both sacrificed dearly, it was the first time I was able to buy a house & open an retirement account.

These days we live modestly on a lower middle class income with little debt. Paid 60k for my house 1k for the 1996 truck I drive & 2k for the 1997 harley I ride. My boat, it's a 1961 formula hull that took me years to rebuild & perhaps one of the more stupid things I've done was to take 21k out of my Ira and pay cash for the motor.

Just a hunch on my behalf but I suspect from a financial perspective I'd be in the bottom 10% of the bowsight community. Add it up house, boat, vehicles all well under 100k , it's paid for & it's mine.

I'm happy,,, for a couple of high-school dropouts we've made it.......

For me to say I have compassion for folks in hard times doesn't imply that I have the means to help or support them,,,,just means I've walked a long rough uphill road to get to the modest place I am in life today....i can relate........

21-Mar-24

21-Mar-24
"Ricky........

Your, literally, humorous......"

really? how so?

what part of what i posted do you think is funny?

21-Mar-24
I'm on the front line of this Immigration thing and see it first hand...and from both sides...and have a 40 year track record with Hiring Immigrants. I've had thousands of employees over the decades- currently in the hundreds.... I feel I can make an educated comment on this.

The problem currently is; The folks coming in aren't the same type of people that came in even just 5 years ago. In the decades prior, the people that came in wanted to work and make a better life with a small % of criminals.

The people coming in now are coming for other reasons; Freebies and less harsh criminal laws. A large % of immigrants now come here to have the government support/suppliment them.

The distinction is huge. The new class is a terrible drag on resources and society. The class that came in just 5 years ago was additive to society....now it will be a huge suck for decades to come especially when they breed like rabbits.

>>

21-Mar-24
“Mike, here in NY they are talking about banning wood stoves... banning gas appliances and banning gas, diesel vehicles..”

Why can’t these idiots understand that until the entire world starts to comply, it’s no different than going to a smoke free restaurant, and allowing someone in the bar to smoke. The most common of common sense, completely escapes these idiots.

21-Mar-24
Illegals also depress wages for the people that need higher wages the most, the unskilled labor class. The real problem with illegal immigrants is that they are helping disenfranchise legal citizens voting power. Since illegals are counted in the census, and i think they shouldn't but since they are, certain states like California get allocated more congressman and more electoral college votes thereby disenfranchising citizens in states without large illegal alien populations.

21-Mar-24
The people who lived in this country before its victory won freedom, lived in a shit hole too. That point makes zero sense to me.

What is a given is we can’t support all these mouths. And, as long as we keep taking illegals from shit home countries, they’ll never over throw the government and make it a better place.

I have a big heart. I’d willing help anyone as long as I have the means to do so. But, my responsibility lies with helping my fellow country men and women before I help someone here illegally.

I’m all for legal immigration. I’m all for replacing every elected official we currently have in office. Because they won’t address immigration reform. I want to help everyone. But, I owe my help to Americans first.

That’s the way I see it. And, can’t imagine to many feel much different.

21-Mar-24
“I’m all for replacing every elected official we currently have in office. Because they won’t address immigration reform.”

The problem starts when China Joe puts out an open invitation to come in and make yourself at home! Good idea…let’s invite millions of people to move in, but not have a plan as to how to handle the influx…? F’n genius plan!!!

I’d get a kick out of it if some of the illegals would sue China joe for luring them here on false pretenses. Hell, if we’re gonna let ‘em vote, we might as we let ‘em sue! I wonder how the party of law and order would handle that?

21-Mar-24
We need to export a culture of independence, freedom, prosperity and rule of law instead of mass importing people.

21-Mar-24

BowSniper's Link
How dare we think a barbed wire border fence and guards should stand in the way of men forcing their way into America....

21-Mar-24
"Illegals also depress wages for the people that need higher wages the most, the unskilled labor class."

Mint...... In my area there's 3 different government subsidized housing complexes full of folks on welfare that refuse to pick tomatoes or dig clams or work at a plant nursery.......

Living in the same community is a fairly large Hispanic population, generally speaking the entire family lives there with multiple incomes supporting the household........the Hispanics work 10 hours a day 6 days a week & because multiple combined incomes they live very well,,,,,,,while the ghetto dwellers live in poverty on welfare........

Perhaps in your neck of the woods your above statement holds true.......

Where I live that statement couldn't be more wrong.

Drive through the ghettos during the day & young black males lounging in groups under the shade trees.

Ride through the Hispanic areas the same time of day & its a ghost town.

When the sun goes down the young black men go to work gang banging, while the Hispanics are in bed cause their tired from working all day.

The gang banger shooting count on the am news is always interesting ,,,kinda like a hamster running on a wheel.

21-Mar-24
"The people coming in now are coming for other reasons; Freebies and less harsh criminal laws. A large % of immigrants now come here to have the government support/suppliment them."

You can't make the Bowsite libs see that reality though. They just want to believe that all individuals illegally entering the country are oppressed good people.

21-Mar-24
Can't make either side see that "they're not ALL like that". Some want to work for their future and some turn out to be freeloaders. The question in my mind is, how do we sort them? And why will our leaders not get together to work on that problem?

21-Mar-24
Like Milton Friedman said, the problem isn’t with immigration, it’s with the handouts. He even made the point that illegal immigration was preferable to legal immigration, as illegal immigrants qualified for less handouts. But he fully understood that the problem was not with immigration, and immigration is clearly a net positive on the economy and the country. Cut the handouts and expedite getting them into the workforce.

22-Mar-24
I'm gonna tell you one thing.....i am NOT gonna leave my home and sneak across a border illegally. If i am in a bad situation, i will work my butt off to improve it, right where i am.

LOTS OF PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY STARTED OUT WITH NOTHING AND MADE THERE WAY!!!!

It takes a different mentality to cross the border as an illegal immigrant. We don't need more of that mentality here......we already got enough democrats with that type of mindset.

22-Mar-24
"Like Milton Friedman said, the problem isn’t with immigration, it’s with the handouts. He even made the point that illegal immigration was preferable to legal immigration, as illegal immigrants qualified for less handouts. But he fully understood that the problem was not with immigration, and immigration is clearly a net positive on the economy and the country. Cut the handouts and expedite getting them into the workforce."

this fits quite nicely into the original intent of this thread...which was how things are often taken out of context...and reported in a way that is in no way what the person actually intended.

to be clear...im not saying this is what you are doing... i kknow you know better...but many people take what friedman said as a blanket endorsement of unlimited immigration...especially illegal immigration. it is not.

you and i both know if it wasnt for the level of support that illegals get on the backs of the american taxpayer when they get here...illegal immigration would reduce to a manageable trickle.

22-Mar-24
Shade.........I somewhat agree in that I worked my butt off for the situation I'm currently in .. Modest as my life is , I'm happy with it......

That said unless your a native American,,,,,your living in this country because your ancestors immigrated.....I suspect their reason was in search of the opportunity for a better life......

Before ya say, yea but they did it legally, how about you ask a native American, their opinions on that subject........

Imo.....a lot of folks take being born in this great country for granted.

22-Mar-24
When my family came to this country, there were no immigration laws at all. You either got off a boat or walked across the border. Nobody stopped you, nobody treated you like a parasite. They might not like your funny name or your funny accent, but if you would put your hands to work, there was work for them.

Later on some of the early arrivals, or their heirs, decided to bar the door behind them. "I got mine, so screw you" is a sad but real part of our psyche. (I was going to say "our national psyche", but observation shows that it's damn universal.)

22-Mar-24
So the only way that mass migration will taper off is when this place is as shitty as where they left..... the Great Democrat Marxist utopia. LOL

22-Mar-24
but many people take what friedman said as a blanket endorsement of unlimited immigration...especially illegal immigration. it is not.

And many people have also misconstrued his comments to mean he is not in favor of immigration, which was not his point. He was an advocate for open borders and unrestricted immigration - but not to a welfare state.

22-Mar-24
Dana, those people coming across the border and off the boats were not getting the free handouts as they are today such as hotel rooms, excessive money, etc. Drugs are also a way bigger issue today. They were truly here to make a better life for their families. They essentially had to hit the ground running to provide for their families. They were not always treated great either, my family had to change last names to make it sound more American for work. Most were honest, hard working people as many today crossing the border are as well. The big difference is the free handouts now from the government as well as the drug situation today. These handouts allow for every deadbeat to want to come into this country unchecked and literally beat cops, flip us the middle finger, steal, run drugs, murder, etc. Lets be realistic, immigration way back then was a lot different than what is going on today with the open border. Those immigrants strived to become American citizens the right way. My family went through the process and it was a big honor to become an American citizen. No need for them to do that now when they get everything handed to them and are treated much better than our citizens and veterans that are struggling. Truly a shame and I'll say, its a shame too for the legit families today that just want to come here for a better life.

22-Mar-24
"When my family came to this country, there were no immigration laws at all. You either got off a boat or walked across the border. Nobody stopped you, nobody treated you like a parasite. They might not like your funny name or your funny accent, but if you would put your hands to work, there was work for them. Later on some of the early arrivals, or their heirs, decided to bar the door behind them. "I got mine, so screw you" is a sad but real part of our psyche. (I was going to say "our national psyche", but observation shows that it's damn universal.)"

so very true. however...it should also be noted that when you our families came to this country...they either worked...learned the language...became productive members of society...made their own way...or they died. there was no bussing to the city of your choice...free accommodations in hotels...stipends for food...etc.

to make that comparison of what our ancestors did and what is happening now is like comparing apples and onions.

on a side note...if anyone would like a good insight into what immigration was really like...even in the late 1800s - early 1900s... go see the new movie "Cabrini" that is in theaters now. it will open your eyes.

22-Mar-24
Yep. And, there’s very few contributing Americans that don’t feel immigration, if legal, isn’t only a great thing. It’s a necessity. And, it’s why every single American citizen is born as an American.

The problem is our elected officials are doing nothing to fix the system that is causing this. The democrats act as if it’s a heart tug. Conservatives understand we need labor. But, no one does anything about it. Just turn their head and enact policy that addresses and fortifies illegal immigration. WE are the ones paying for it.

This can’t be sustained. It’s getting to the point, you have a shrinking tax base that’s financing a growing population. We are simply putting out more than we are taking in with all the endless spending government policy dictates.

As all problems that don’t get addressed, we know why this is happening. Yet, we get distracted due to the emotions of it. But, if we don’t fix it, it’s going to fix us.

Harder times are coming. How hard is dependent on exactly how much longer the citizen puts up with it.

22-Mar-24
Meanwhile Kennedy states what we all know in an interview with the New York Times… that they are an instrument for the Democratic Party, his full comment;

“Seventy percent of the people in this country do not want a contest between Trump and Biden," Kennedy said. "Don't you feel that those people should have an option? Isn't that kind of a privileged position that you have of taking the position that The New York Times is not going to allow those Americans who don't want to see a rerun of this contest — don't you think they deserve something? Or are you going to sit there and say nobody should do that because I'm scared of this guy or I'm scared of that guy?

"The New York Times is essentially an instrument of the Democratic Party. You have been making institutional arguments against me since this started. You're an instrument of the DNC [Democratic National Committee], and of course you're going to try to ... spin this some way that is going to help Biden and hurt Trump and get rid of any threat to that narrow in-the-guardrail contest that The New York Times approves of. It's just not right for our country, and I'm not going to go along with it."

23-Mar-24
^^^ Kennedy is right about this, it's just that he's wrong about so many other things. Hard pass.

23-Mar-24
Back to the original thread, Biden just released what he wants US Auto Companies to adhere to in regards to electric cars by 2030 and it will be a bloodbath for the auto industry. I'd love to have a fully electric truck if it cost less to run and was better than my gas powered Tacoma. They just aren't and won't be for some time. Electric rates on Long Island are super high and we are going to have a capacity problem. Everyone that i have talked to that has an electric care right now says they wouldn't get another one. Now hybrids might be the way of the future but the Green New Deal whackos are against them.

23-Mar-24
"Biden just released what he wants US Auto Companies to adhere to in regards to electric cars by 2030 and it will be a bloodbath for the auto industry."

WOOOAH!! better be careful there mint...calling for political violence is a no-no. :)

23-Mar-24
"When my family came to this country, there were no immigration laws at all.

Name that year.

Ellis Island is a federally owned island in New York Harbor, situated within the U.S. states of New Jersey and New York, that was the busiest immigrant inspection and processing station in the United States. From 1892 to 1954, nearly 12 million immigrants arriving at the Port of New York and New Jersey were processed there under federal law

23-Mar-24
"During the 18th and most of the 19th centuries, the United States had limited regulation of immigration and naturalization at a national level. Under a mostly prevailing "open border" policy, immigration was generally welcomed, although citizenship was limited to “white persons” as of 1790, and naturalization subject to five year residency requirement as of 1802. Passports and visas were not required for entry to America, rules and procedures for arriving immigrants were determined by local ports of entry or state laws, and processes for naturalization were determined by local county courts" - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_laws_concerning_immigration_and_naturalization_in_the_United_States

23-Mar-24

BowSniper's embedded Photo
BowSniper's embedded Photo
Uh, oh. Trump did it again

24-Mar-24
" Name that year. "

Best guess is upstate New York, pre-1800. Family came to Canada in 1659, spread from there. G-g-great grandfather served in Union Army in a NY regiment. Distant relatives were in the Dakotas in 1804, reached the Pacific coast the following year. ;-)

24-Mar-24
I know very little about my family history, my father's family is from Texas with a long military service background.

My mother's family is from Oklahoma & my mother's mother was 100% Cherokee, she married off the reservation, I know nothing of my grandparents / family linniag other than that..... I REALLY NEED TO DO SOME FAMILY TREE RESEARCH.

24-Mar-24
^^ Never a bad idea, but imo the future is of more concern than the past.

27-Mar-24

much as been said about milton friedman and illegal immigration...i wonder what he would think about this?

New York City begins giving illegal immigrants prepaid debit cards as part of $53 million pilot program The first batch of debit cards were reportedly handed out Monday to a handful of migrants who recently arrived in the city

• Sitka Gear