Full_Curl 19-Mar-24
Full_Curl 21-Mar-24
Full_Curl 02-Apr-24
Full_Curl 02-Apr-24
Full_Curl 02-Apr-24
Full_Curl 02-Apr-24
Saphead 02-Apr-24
18-Mar-24
Time to replace a couple old permanent elevated stands that have been in use for over 25 years. They are wooden box blinds constructed from treated plywood on top of custom steel angle iron platforms. The top of the platform is 12 feet off the ground and steel mesh serves as the floor. One has a 4’ x 4’ top platform and the other is 4’ x 6’. They are pretty crude but have served their purpose well over the years. Used primarily for firearm hunting.

Would like to replace and/or upgrade them. Wondering what my best options are… (1) keep the platforms as is and just custom rebuild wood box blinds on top? (2) could the platform tops be easily modified to accommodate one of the newer plastic shell enclosed blinds? (3) completely replace the entire structure with platforms and plastic shell enclosed blinds?

Any other ideas? Being completely enclosed would be nice for cold weather and possibly some scent control, but staying open is okay too. I don’t want to get too complicated and turn this into a major project at considerable expense. Just wondering what others would recommend? Thanks.

18-Mar-24
Trying to post photos... UPDATE see posted photos below.

18-Mar-24
Trying again to post photos... UPDATE see posted photos below.

18-Mar-24
I'm trying to post photos but keep getting the following error... I'll keep trying.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes. Error Occurred While Processing Request ERROR EXECUTING DATABASE QUERY.

UPDATE see posted photos below.

18-Mar-24
Depending on size of platform,you will want at least a 6x6 hut,Redneck is great and blindsider is a good blind

18-Mar-24
I can't post photo till the 30th, when I get home. On mine I built them 6 x4 1/2, rough plywood. I have an angled pitch roof, that also has a rubber mat seal. Inside I have 3 plexiglass windows, that quietly flip up, since sliding windows do poorly in cold weather. It's built on a 6 foot frame, on a ridge. I have 4 guide wires to make sure it goes no where. Inside the blind, I used egg shell foam material to quiet the inside, and the floor has carpet.

The entry door is painted black on the inside.

I put good size door handles on the outside. 2 of them for sure grip.

The stairs are made from a cedar tree. No water. No rodents, no bees etc now for 4 years.

It's painted a flat No shine green. It's in a mixture of hardwood and conifers. It's in the UP.

19-Mar-24
Thanks for the replies. I have been trying to post photos to this post for a day now and I'm still greeted with the same error. I'm attempting to post with a PC and they are smaller cropped files less than 150kb each... are others having this same issue? UPDATE see posted photos below.

21-Mar-24
Sorry guys, I still can't post photos I'll keep checking and as soon as the issue is fixed, I'll post them so you can better understand what I'm dealing with as far as our current stands.

UPDATE see posted photos below.

02-Apr-24

Full_Curl's embedded Photo
Stand 1a
Stand 1a
This is Stand #1. It has a 4’ x 4’ steel mesh platform for the floor at a 12' height. The entry "door" is very non-user friendly but there is no room for a landing to step on before entering the stand. The top of the frame is bent from being blown over years ago before the frame was anchored in the ground with stakes. Below is 3 more photos of Stand #1.

02-Apr-24

Stand 1b
Stand 1b
Stand 1c
Stand 1c
Stand 1d
Stand 1d

02-Apr-24

This is Stand #2. It has a 4’ x 6’ steel mesh platform for the floor at a 12' height. The entry "door" is a little more user friendly than Stand #1 but still not great. The wooden box portion of the stand was reduced to 4' x 4' size a few years ago to reduce movement in the box to view out the windows so there is a small 1' x 2' area of the steel mesh platform that could be used as a landing.

02-Apr-24
The frames are still in good shape and I’m sure would last many more years but the wooden box portions of each stand needs to be replaced. Again, wondering what my best options are… (1) keep the platforms as is and just custom rebuild wood box blinds on top? (2) could the platform tops be easily modified to accommodate one of the newer plastic shell enclosed blinds? (3) completely replace the entire structure with new support platforms and plastic shell enclosed blinds?

I don’t want to get too complicated and turn this into a major project at considerable expense. Just wondering what others would recommend? Thanks.

02-Apr-24
If it was me, Which it is not but... I would use as much of it as possible but enlarge it over the mesh part. Maybe use metal roofing over the sides and put cheapo sliding windows in 3 sides. Looks like treated wood sheeting treated 2x4's ? You could make a bump out on one side so to shoot a bow on 3 sides.

• Sitka Gear