bowhunt 06-Apr-24
fdp 06-Apr-24
Highlife 06-Apr-24
fdp 06-Apr-24
Tilzbow 07-Apr-24
03-Apr-24

Chattahoochee 's embedded Photo
Chattahoochee 's embedded Photo
Been having inconsistent groups at 80yrds, but felt my shooting was solid, so I went back to the paper. Shot 3 arrows (exact same )...got 3 different tears...shot same 3 and got identical different tears. Shooting Nemises 300's al cut same with Blazers. Last year was grouping 3-4" @80yrds...I'm at a loss...

04-Apr-24
Turn the nocks 90 degrees and see if it changes the tears. Your arrows might need to be nock tuned.

04-Apr-24
Maybe fletching contact with your rest. Very typical for sporadic arrows all over the place.

04-Apr-24
Looks like 2 right tears and 1 left tear. Could be an inconsistent grip, fletch contact or you need to rotate your nocks to get the same tear. Or it could be your bow is no longer in tune.

04-Apr-24
How close are you to the paper?

04-Apr-24
What type of rest? If it's a fall away, Grunt's advice is spot on-fletching contact first. Then check cam timing. If they check out it's likely the indian. Any number of form issues could cause this-hand torque, face pressure, release torque all of which will happen if you are pressing to shoot the perfect group.

04-Apr-24
Get some different paper. Wax paper works good in a pinch.

I’d look at several things other than the obvious that has been stated - turn your nocks. Check your nocking point tie-ins. Check your D Loop…is it tied in correctly ? See if your serving is still in tact. Strip the vanes off and shoot them bare shaft to see how they shoot.

Check your rest and see if it’s loose or it’s not dropping correctly.

Lastly I’d look at your grip. Those tears are synonymous with fluctuation in grip.

04-Apr-24
same arrows in the same order?

04-Apr-24
"same arrows in the same order?"

This needs to be answered first before I give my opinion.

04-Apr-24
I am no help because I've never met anyone who could average shooting all 10's at 80 yards.

04-Apr-24
I would guess rest contact or the guy behind the bow.

04-Apr-24
Same arrows in same order (i.e. arrow 1 is the same 2 same etc...) shooting 6yrds. Assumed it was the monkey behind the bow after 1st group of 3 (face pressure, grip, etc..) but when second was identical (arrow for arrow)....thinking mechanics were working. Its Xcentric 7 and tunning is an SOB, but tuming is right (used draw board, proper string twists, etc..)...wil try nock tunning (and confirm on rest contact). Thanks for all of your suggestions...any help welcomed.

04-Apr-24
I would guess rest contact as well.

Are you shooting a limb driven fall away rest?

I have had the cord that pulls the rest back down stretch a little bit. This caused the rest to not be pulled down all the way. This gave me varying amounts of fletch contact, and inconsistent shooting.

I went from a perfectly tuned bow. To what you are experiencing.

04-Apr-24
I'm confused.

You'd have to be Levi Morgan or his peer to shoot 3-4" groups as the norm at 80 yards, but if you were really Levi you would know how to tune the bow down to a gnat's eyelash. Something does not fit here. World class shooter results but not able to precision tune. Incongruent fact set.

04-Apr-24
I would mess with the nock on arrow 3 and see if you could get the same tear as 1 and 2, then try to correct the tear.

06-Apr-24
Chatajocjie did you solve the mystery. Let us how if any of that advice helps and if you get back to 3-4” 80 yard groups. That’s some kind of great shooting.

06-Apr-24
3" to 4" 80 yard groups is the norm if you shoot NFAA field shoots.

06-Apr-24
No it isn't....

06-Apr-24

06-Apr-24
Ok...

06-Apr-24

06-Apr-24
3-4 foot groups correct???

06-Apr-24
3-4 inch groups at 80 is far from impossible. The guys saying it is don’t shoot enough.

06-Apr-24

06-Apr-24
At the range I go to they have field shoots. I thought it was NFAA

Recurves with sights

They wheel a 5ft target out to 80 yards

The groups are huge.

Maybe not NFAA?

06-Apr-24
No one said it was impossible.....

06-Apr-24

06-Apr-24
NFAA does have recurve classes. You may have been watching a FITA round.

07-Apr-24
Eliminating fletch contact or nock tuning the arrows should fix it. Either that or the OP has some really low quality arrows.

• Sitka Gear