bghunter 05-Apr-24
mgmicky 05-Apr-24
Mathewsphone 05-Apr-24
StickFlicker 09-Apr-24
Traveler 17-Apr-24
bonehead 17-Apr-24
Mad Trapper 17-Apr-24
04-Apr-24
Seems like overall consensus for air travel is SKB Double case. I am curious which one do most prefer? As there are alot of double cases.

My goal is to pack one bow, an arrow case and my clothes inside.

04-Apr-24
I use the double as you stated …

04-Apr-24
Mine is the 3i-4217

04-Apr-24
Mine is rectangular and 45”x18”x7” if that helps. If my house burned down tomorrow it would be in the top 20 hunting items I would repurchase.

04-Apr-24
ILbowhntr,

Thanks, I was looking for a model # as they seem to have numerous double cases.

04-Apr-24
I just purchased the SKB 4217. I haven’t used it yet, leave in a week. Seems like it’s going to be a nice case. I will have no problem getting bow, arrow case, binos and some clothing in it.

04-Apr-24
Aces,

From previous bowsite searches everyone sure seems to like the case.

I was looking at the new Flambeau, but read some people didn't think be strong enough for airline

04-Apr-24
I went with the SKB based on reviews from here. I don’t see durability being an issue at all with the SKB.

05-Apr-24
Ironically I just came to the forum to ask about SKB cases and came across your thread. Sorry of I’m hijacking it!

My question, and in the few responses already posted, is if they are worth it? I just need a good, heavy duty case for my bow with quiver attached.

From what I’ve seen, some have foam and some don’t? Is it better to get one with it?

Any other brands worth considering?

05-Apr-24
Mine is a SKB iSeries double bow case with exterior measurements of 50" X 22" X 9". Had it close to 15 years now and the model number on the sticker is faded. Been a great case!

Looking at the SKB website, doesn't appear they offer that exact model any longer. Closest thing I'm seeing is the SKB iSeries 4414-10 (Model #3i-4414-10DB). The iSeries are extremely durable military spec cases...you won't be disappointed!

05-Apr-24
Verdehnter3, I use the model I have now as a single bow case with the quiver attached.

Add up what you’ve got in your setup, what you’ve got invested in the hunt you’re going to and then ask if it’s worth it. Things are bomb proof. As pav said, you won’t be disappointed.

05-Apr-24
Thamks again. I agree in spending the money as the case will outlast me more than likley lol.

05-Apr-24
Hey Shawn, I have an older model SKB double case that hasn’t been used much and is in great shape. I switched to longbows a few years ago and don’t use, so I’ll make you a good deal if you’re interested…

05-Apr-24
I personally would not travel with a quiver attached to the bow, but that is just me.

05-Apr-24
Micky,

I sent you a pm

05-Apr-24
Replied, but I’m not sure if the photos went through. PM your email or text # and I can send some more photos

05-Apr-24
I travel all over the country shooting tournament archery and hunting the skbs are good cases but but you need to watch your weight and Southwest Airlines has been charging us extra for archery equipment so we've been putting a golf club in a golf ball in our cases when they ask you what's in it with his sporting equipment golf stuff it's worked so far if they go look at Lancaster look at all the bow cases maybe that'll help you with your decision

09-Apr-24

StickFlicker's embedded Photo
StickFlicker's embedded Photo
This is the one I use. Can carry two bows (there's a removable divider), but most of the time I just have one and use the space for extra clothes.

17-Apr-24
Just make sure it fits if you use a long Axle to Axle bow Longer will give you more room for other stuff so I would not try to go short as long as it is Airline compliant. You will love the SKB. I went through 3 cheaper ones before I bought the SKB.

17-Apr-24
My skb double case was trashed by airlines-corners cracked, wheel broken off ,latch broken and hinge damaged. All contents still ok.I sent it back at their request ,and they sent me a new one.Very helpful in the interaction

17-Apr-24
I have used the same one as stick flicker for years. It has endured many flights. I had to replace one of the wheels once. I don’t use the divider. Pack lots of clothes around and between the bows. Tried the other model that was a few pounds heavier and didn’t like the extra weight.

• Sitka Gear