Coondog 08-Apr-24
WV Mountaineer 08-Apr-24
Blood 08-Apr-24
WV Mountaineer 09-Apr-24
WV Mountaineer 09-Apr-24
midwest 10-Apr-24
WV Mountaineer 11-Apr-24
07-Apr-24
Looking for a replacement nock for the Easton hunter classic 6.5mm. These nocks fit my serving entirely too tight. Needs to have a larger throat. It’s called the microlite nock. It a .246

Thanks in advance.

07-Apr-24
Me too here. Bohning Signature nocks have a throat of .109 and a diameter of .246. Bohning Double Lock nock has a throat of .120 and a diameter of .246 The Easton nock throat is .098 and a diameter of .244. Not sure if that extra .002 is a deal breaker. I have a few dozen of the old Beman 340 spine arrows and their factory nocks fit much better than the Easton.

07-Apr-24
The Easton nocks that come with the Axis shafts I shoot are always a bit tight. I just use 240 grit wet/dry paper on a thin metal strip to sand them to just the right tension.

07-Apr-24
I’m thinking that’s what I’m going to have to do.

07-Apr-24
Why wouldn’t you simply re-serve your string with a smaller diameter thread? It’s easy to do.

07-Apr-24
Take off your current center serving and serve a new one.

07-Apr-24
Blood: Can you be post up a video? I’d like to learn that. Thx

07-Apr-24

Bowfreak's Link
Definitely reserve. Sanding nocks will degrade the integrity of the nock. This video shows how to check nock tightness as you serve.

07-Apr-24
“Sanding nocks will degrade the integrity of the nock”

No it won’t. The throat of the nock is not changed and that is the weakest point already.

07-Apr-24
I like gold tip nocks. Better serving fit.

08-Apr-24
I’m thinking that’s what I’m going to have to do.

08-Apr-24

Blood's Link
Charlie, here ya go. If you need more space to spin the serving tool, you can make spacers to prop your bow string up higher with a dowel or use short shafts (5-6”) with nocks on each end.

08-Apr-24
Makes me think of a Huey Lewis sing. "I need a new nock! One that will kill....one that will stay on the string. ....will just fit the bill. . I need a new nock! One that won't split.....One that won't wear my string ....and don't look like @@#$....I need a new nock! That glows shiny red.....One that don't cost as much....as a dozen broadheads......"

08-Apr-24
Cecil, I do want a new nock. That does all that. Ted isn’t a deal breaker either. lol

Seems the people at Easton didn’t realize how many beman bowhunter, hunter classic, and match grade shafts beman sold to trad bow hunters. Or, they’d offer a nock that fits the larger serving.

Blood, thanks for that video. I’ve never served a string. In all the bow tuning threads I e made a wisecrack about living 5 miles from the best bow shop in the country. So, he’s always done my bow work. Problem is, I don’t know how. lol. Seriously, I may end up going that route but, next year I’m going to shoot woodues off that bow and don’t want to change that serving for just one year. Nocks would be better.

08-Apr-24
Some nocks come in large and small groove sizes. I believe Beiter makes 2 different sizes in many of their offerings.

08-Apr-24
Easton G nocks have 2 different sized string grooves. I use the G nock adapters and the large groove nocks, I like the adapters to somewhat protect the back of the shafts and the G nocks seem to be more consistent.

08-Apr-24
these are the best. no pinch. come off the string the same every time. https://www.amazon.com/Accunock-Standard-Size-Nock-246/dp/B00K8PQ9DO?th=1

08-Apr-24
"No it won’t. The throat of the nock is not changed and that is the weakest point already. "

Ok. You do you. Make it easier on yourself and just stick them in your mouth and pry the ears apart. No worries at all.

08-Apr-24
“ Easton G nocks have 2 different sized string grooves. I use the G nock adapters and the large groove nocks, I like the adapters to somewhat protect the back of the shafts and the G nocks seem to be more consistent.”

When I was shooting 6mm shafts that’s what did and it saved me a bunch of shafts that I think would otherwise have been ruined by back-end strikes.

08-Apr-24
"Ok. You do you. Make it easier on yourself and just stick them in your mouth and pry the ears apart. No worries at all."

Why would I do that when I can quickly, easily and safely sand a few thousands out and get the exact grip I want. Don't have to tie in my loop again or adjust the rest if the loop is out a bit. Doesn't get simpler than that.

08-Apr-24

Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo
Just replaced a center serving. Super easy, especially if you follow that video. Took me only a minute or two.

08-Apr-24
Thanks to you all!!!!!! I bought the nocks JDM linked. 2 dozen for now. If they aren’t what I like, I’ll get some serving material and go at it.

The string on the longbow is a 9 bundle, Flemish twist fast flight. Any ideas for a serving size to fit the microlight nocks.

I’ve actually got a jig for putting on serving. It attaches to the string. Rolls around it. I’ll look into it a bit more.

08-Apr-24
Wow Coondog. That’s impressive!

09-Apr-24
Any ideas on what size serving for the stock micro nock? It’s a .246 arrow but has a small throat.

09-Apr-24
Never mind. I finally watched the video. Thanks again to all

10-Apr-24

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I'm actually going to start ordering new string sets with no center serving. Seems I most always end up having to re-serve it anyway to fit my nocks the way I want. I've never ordered a set from GAS (yet) but I see they give you an option on the center serving diameter which is nice.

11-Apr-24
FWIW, I bought the nocks JDM linked. Received them yesterday. They fit perfectly. Thanks guys.

• Sitka Gear