bohunr 09-Apr-24
bowhunter24 09-Apr-24
Zbone 09-Apr-24
bluedog 09-Apr-24
TGbow 10-Apr-24
jsgold 11-Apr-24
TonyBear 11-Apr-24
08-Apr-24
I'm thinking they need to postpone the eclipse for a few days until the skies clear up. This is Trump's fault, of course, but maybe we can start a petition?

08-Apr-24
I’m in a prime viewing spot here in Southern Illinois so I’m just ready for it to be over with. It was a mad house around here 7 years ago and I imagine today will be no different. But yeah, it’s probably all Trump’s fault;)

08-Apr-24
In Pa interstate 79 runs from Pittsburgh up to Lake Erie where the best viewing is and it’s backed up for miles along with interstates leading to it from the east and west.

08-Apr-24
Burnet, Texas has a population of around 7,000. With the influx of folks here to see the eclipse they are thinking it is probably closer to 40,000 as of yesterday.

08-Apr-24
SW Indiana here, clear skies, crowds aren't bothering me in my front yard, if someone asked to set and watch I'd feed them a bbq sandwich! Even if they crossed the corner to get here!

08-Apr-24
93% peak in Texas. I knew I should have paid full price for the 100% package 3 hours north, but I went fishing this morning instead. Oh well, live and learn!

08-Apr-24

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo

08-Apr-24
Just snapped a pic on my phone (through the lens of eclipse glasses. Pic doesnt show the detail that actually looking through the glasses does - it's pretty dang cool.

08-Apr-24
Who cares. More interesting things to think about.

08-Apr-24

wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
Grapevine, Tx and it was cool !!

08-Apr-24
It's a miracle.

08-Apr-24

Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
taken on my deck with phone through eclipse glasses.

glad I didn’t drive across the country to see it. :)

08-Apr-24
94% here, barely noticed the difference.

08-Apr-24
wasn't much of nothing here in central PA, just seemed overcast, suns back out now.

08-Apr-24
Saw that here back in 1979. Pretty cool at that time.

08-Apr-24
Family and friends at the house. BBQ and all the extras! Fun time!

08-Apr-24
I was surprised at just how dark it got during totality. Our dog was visibly confused. The birds and peepers were putting on a show as well.

08-Apr-24
what you mean noticed no difference??? sun was out, it got dark for 3 minutes and the temperature drop. sun came back out,,

08-Apr-24
I took a nap. Will catch it on the evening news.

08-Apr-24
I took a lear jet to Nova Scotia to see it. It was pretty cool.

08-Apr-24
Already raining and crappy weather here, just looked a little dark that's all.

Great nightcrawler and worm gathering today....

08-Apr-24

wildwilderness's embedded Photo
All or nothing for the eclipse
wildwilderness's embedded Photo
All or nothing for the eclipse
Huge difference between 99.9% and 100%

Like turning the lights off or on.

Glad the clouds parted at the right time. Visiting family in Georgetown TX

08-Apr-24
That's the view we had in Leander, Texas as well.

08-Apr-24
Total eclipse here in Southern Indiana. Local mayor was on the Louisville news yesterday predicting as many as 80,000 travelers in our county today. Many businesses and factories shut down for the day. Based on local traffic, the number of expected travelers wasn't even close! Hearing the Interstate is backed up this evening though.

08-Apr-24
It got dark here for a minute and my cats went to sleep oh, wait………..they were already asleep.

08-Apr-24
Has anyone heard preliminary numbers on how many children have been lost to the eclipse yet?

08-Apr-24
As I drove home I actually enjoyed watching the people making a big deal looking up at the sky with those glasses . So when I got home I grabbed the pair I used in 2017 and went out and it was about 80% in front of the sun by then and my girls just got off the bus so we shared the glasses and I did notice the temperature drop . Other than that I’ll be 80 years old if I make to the next one and told my girls who we adopted late in life I pray I can enjoy the moment with them in 20 years . That was our special little moment and I got to enjoy it with them .

08-Apr-24
I was changing brake pads on my wife’s suv. I looked at it through my welding helmet which I know isn’t necessarily the smartest thing to do. Got 3/4 here and it darkened a little. All the Natives were hiding though. They weren’t supposed to go outside, eat, or drink anything. Just sit still and not move. It’s a taboo thing for them. My wife only had 5 students today and the rest stayed hidden. It’s kinda of a joke with us around here. Kids got an excused absence for religious purposes.

08-Apr-24
I want my "I survived 94.3% totality T-shirt". Beautiful sunny day 30 miles northwest of Boston.

08-Apr-24
Watched part of the eclipse today...reminded me of my ex-wife...she too knew how to block the sun and spread darkness.

08-Apr-24
All I know is my lower back started to hurt getting ready to set forms to pour a small section of sidewalk at my house.

Stupid eclipse, should've stayed inside as well...

08-Apr-24

scentman's embedded Photo
scentman's embedded Photo
If you zoom in you can see the diamond ring... East Aurora NY. Shared the experience with my wife and mother in law... very cool event, better then expected. scentman

08-Apr-24
Sorry, pic is awful on this thread... nevermind.

08-Apr-24

deerhunter72's embedded Photo
deerhunter72's embedded Photo
Over 4 minutes of totality here. Really strange to see the security lights come on during the day.

08-Apr-24

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
The only eclipse I care about

08-Apr-24
I was 30 miles away from path of totality , unimpressed……

08-Apr-24
My house had four minutes of totality. Pole light came on and saw some stars. Kids came in from out of state and we celebrated. I probably won’t be around for the next one in 20 years

08-Apr-24
Crap!!!….Was that today??

08-Apr-24

Thornton's embedded Photo
Ended up over North Texas just south of Annabel Oklahoma and orbited at 11,500 ft until the sky went dark. Pretty awesome to watch puffy white clouds go black and a gold halo surround the horizon. Radio chatter went haywire with pilots and we could hear skydivers yelling and shrieking as the bailed from several aircraft at the exact time the lights went out.

08-Apr-24

This is what it looked like 5 minutes prior to the eclipse

08-Apr-24

Nyati 's embedded Photo
Nyati 's embedded Photo
What we saw over WV

08-Apr-24

The gold halo was awesom

08-Apr-24
My chickens layed twice today. Poor girls they hurried to the coup and the frog’s started in just like it was night. Honestly kinda funny to see everything get confused. Even the weirdos were out during the day today. They got up early just to see the eclipse.

Shane

08-Apr-24

Treeline's embedded Photo
Pretty cool here near Marble Falls, TX. Got dark enough that the night lights turned on.

09-Apr-24
solar eclipse happen every 2-3 year somewhere.

09-Apr-24
Bou'bound, you're so vain.

09-Apr-24

Ricky The Cabel Guy's Link
who knew?

'The View' co-host Sunny Hostin blames eclipse, earthquake, cicadas on 'climate change'

when whoopi goldberg is the voice of reason...you know youre nuts.

09-Apr-24
Went out on the lake with the wife, thought the fish would jump in the boat. Was I wrong!

09-Apr-24

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
We drove about 30 minutes to reach full totality zone and am sure glad we did... We were on a lakeshore and thanks for those that advised 99% is much different experience than totality... The twilight to total darkness is amazing, gave a weird vibe... Some of the birds seemed to freak and spring peeper frogs started chirping as the temperature slowly dropped as is grew deeper and deeper towards totally... We got there early and for and hour or so watched a pair of Osprey break off tree branches for their nests and about 15 minutes before darkness they never came back into our view... It was great though and was a wow moment when the Corona burst out, but I missed a photo shot of a flock of Cormorants flew over our heads during totality with the Corona glowing, would have made a great photo...8^( I took these photos with my cell phone without any kind of a filter... Photo on right was a few minutes before darkness...

09-Apr-24
I'm easily amused.... Sunny Hostin says eclipse was because of climate change. Marjorie Greene says eclipse was a warning from God. Too funny.

10-Apr-24
Well, guess the apocalypse didn't happen

11-Apr-24

jsgold's embedded Photo
jsgold's embedded Photo
4 minutes of totality in Poplar Bluff, MO

11-Apr-24
Well Sheila Jackson an elected politician in TX stated during the day of the eclipse that the moon, I mean the sun, er the planet are mostly gases so humans couldn't live there. We should be concentrating on (...list of her party's pet projects).

What an idiot. Need to worry more about that than any effect of a routine eclipse.

• Sitka Gear