xtroutx 28-Apr-24
Grey Ghost 01-May-24
Quinn @work 01-May-24
TRnCO 01-May-24
Bow Bullet 01-May-24
Grasshopper 02-May-24
bluedog 04-May-24
15-Apr-24
I need to know who to start beaking in the first round of the playoffs with Winnipeg/Colorado.

15-Apr-24
My two least favorite teams...

15-Apr-24
If Winnipeg had a football team we would probably know who they were playing in the playoffs, and as of late we would know it is not the Broncos. But at least you aren't talking soccer ;)

15-Apr-24
I'm your huckleberry....

15-Apr-24
Not anymore.

15-Apr-24
My Avs haven't looked too strong down the stretch. I'm not very optimistic about the post-season.

15-Apr-24
Hahahaha love it Danny!!!!

15-Apr-24
Well, how about DU? Way to go Pioneers. Avs turn now !!

15-Apr-24
Yup, DU is an amazing hockey program. A record 10 national championships this year.

15-Apr-24
The last 48 hours or so have not gone well, have they???

I’ll be pulling for them, but I have certainly had to temper my expectations…..

15-Apr-24
We will trade Georgie for hellybuck about now.

Allowing 6 or 7 goals a game won't get us deep at all.

15-Apr-24
I’m in Colorado. I spent my first honeymoon in Winnipeg.

The things about the Avs is we can’t watch them on tv here in Colorado - thanks to the ownership.

15-Apr-24

Altitude Sickness 's Link
Ahh the Avalanche and Red Wings back when.

to me one of the all-time great sports moments is when Darren McCarty and Claude Lemieux finally meet.

The season prior Claude Lemieux drove Chris Draper into the glass, crushing his face

so no retribution was able to be had until the following season. and Darren being drapers big brother dealt with Lemieux properly

Unfortunately Claude Lemieux suffered for years with death, threats, and real threats

15-Apr-24
The Patrick Roy vs Chris Osgood fight is one I’ll always remember. A great rivalry back in those days.

15-Apr-24
Do you think the Jets will actually be able to sell out their arena now that they made the playoffs?

15-Apr-24
Used to have 7th row season tix during the Sakic-Forsberg-Roy era. I'm a fan. But it became a big hassle to attend or give away, I don't live in Denver, and I don't like traffic.

15-Apr-24
In Colorado, but pulling for the wings!!!! Still alive after tonight’s comeback. Avs-Redwings was some of the best hockey ever played back in the day!!! Go Wings!!:)

15-Apr-24
what was the name of the first Colorado hockey team???,, i know ,just checking to see if anyone else knows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

15-Apr-24

15-Apr-24
“ what was the name of the first Colorado hockey team???,, i know ,just checking to see if anyone else knows,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,”

Colorado Rockies ;)

15-Apr-24
Rockies...became NJ Devils

16-Apr-24
“Mr Hockey” Gordy Howe was a beast. His wife Colleen Howe was born in my county seat. Sandusky Mi.

They built a nice hockey arena in Sandusky in her name. Gordy came to events there often.

Mrs Hockey is also in the Hall of fame for her contributions to Hockey in the lower leagues

16-Apr-24

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo

16-Apr-24
Gotta love the ol Gordy Howe 'Hat Trick'

16-Apr-24
That's a wicked pic altitude. Looking forward to the playoffs this year. For once I do believe we have a team that has a shot. Tough in the small market that no one wants to live in.

16-Apr-24
Go Stars:)

22-Apr-24
Well Game 1 was flipping insanity! Not sure the ticker can handle 7 of those. What a ride

22-Apr-24
That WAS a helluva game. APauls. I would have never guessed the Jets would beat the Avs in a 7-6 shoot-out. I was expecting low scoring defensive hockey, considering the Jets defense and outstanding goalie. If all the games are like last night, it will be a fun series. I still think the Jets will win it, unfortunately.

22-Apr-24
Damn! To think Gordy got that big before ’roids were even A Thing!

(Looks like my kid!)

Before there were the Rockies, I learned to skate on the home ice of the Denver Spurs — or at least their practice facility…. Hampden & the Valley, back when that was The Edge Of They Universe….

22-Apr-24
If Annunen would have been healthy Georgiev likely would have been yanked. Justus has been the better net minder of late.

22-Apr-24
The only time I watch hockey is when I am watching MLB and the benches clear! ;-)

22-Apr-24
On the bright side, Colorado has the Nuggets who are looking good to repeat as Champions. And they have the best player in the league who isn't flashy or mouthy. He just knows how to play the game like it was intended.

Yeah, I'm an all around Colorado sports fan. Always have been.

24-Apr-24
Well, better team won tonight. Man this has been some insane hockey

24-Apr-24
Just imagine if the Av’s first line can get on track. Good hockey tonight. Long ways from being over.

24-Apr-24
Is this a bowhunting thread?

24-Apr-24
^^^ Nope. But at least it aint politics

24-Apr-24
Is there a reason these games have to start so friggen late? I'm missing out on my beauty sleep. ;-)

24-Apr-24
last night's game was worth missing out on some sleep. And that's coming from a guy that's usually in bed by 9:30. Go Avs....

25-Apr-24
That 2nd period performance by the Avs was incredible.

25-Apr-24
With the Avs missing their second best player, I don't expect them to get past the second round if they manage to get out of this one. They miss Landy..

27-Apr-24
Good game last night

27-Apr-24
"Used to have 7th row season tix during the Sakic-Forsberg-Roy era."

as a red wing fan...i despised that team...

:)

27-Apr-24
It is a great time to be a life long Colorado sports fan! I LOVE the Nuggets and I'm becoming more of a hockey fan every year. The Rockies.... Ugh! Broncos.... time will tell but I'm optimistic

27-Apr-24
As a former college - and technically pro :) - hockey player, absolutely nothing beats this time of year! Well, the only thing that would make it better is if my Pens haven’t been crapping the bed the last few seasons…but it’s sometimes nice to watch the games without the nerves!

27-Apr-24
Looking forward to Nuggets and Timberwolves series. Should be a great one.

27-Apr-24
Not a big hockey or basketball fan but have enjoyed watching each in playoffs. Enjoy watching lebron lose and act like cry baby as much as anything.

27-Apr-24
Love the Stanley Cup playoffs. I usually have a bear or two trying to get into my garbage shed during this time of year. Always a plus while watching a game. 60 year blackhawks fan but enjoy any good games.

28-Apr-24
It ain’t over yet, but Avs looking good to advance.

28-Apr-24
They looked good today.

01-May-24
Awfully quiet on this thread. ;)

01-May-24
^^^was thinking about making a new thread

“Who lives in Manitoba and isn’t watching their hockey team?”

LOL

01-May-24
I will say the Jets have some darn good and dedicated and LOUD fans. Too bad that didn't help 'em beat the Avs, :) Hopefully the Stars and Vegs go to a game 7 to give the Avs a few more day to recoup and heal.

Go Avs.....

01-May-24
Good thing Georgiev got his mojo back after game 1. I'd say the Avs got a pretty good deal when they got him from the Rangers for a 2022 5th round and a 2023 3rd round pick. After 9 straight losses to the Jets it was sweet to get 4 straight convincing wins when they needed them.

02-May-24
I had my concerns going in about Georgie, still do to some extent but Hellybuck was the one who had wave after wave of pucks coming at him. No goalie could survive that onslaught.

The superior team won.

It would be nice to have home ice, go VGK. They looked really slow last night though.

04-May-24
Hard fought basket ball game tonight! Going to be a great series, evenly matched teams IMO

• Sitka Gear