Straight Shooter 19-Apr-24
Nyati 19-Apr-24
DonVathome 19-Apr-24
ILbowhntr 19-Apr-24
MQQSE 19-Apr-24
DonVathome 19-Apr-24
MQQSE 19-Apr-24
18-Apr-24
Where can I find the 2024 moose permit numbers?

18-Apr-24

Bowboy's Link
Proposed

18-Apr-24
Commission meeting is on youtube , https://youtu.be/aN2odm1bF0w?t=12651

18-Apr-24

Bowboy's Link

18-Apr-24

Bowboy's Link

18-Apr-24

Lost Arra's Link
I followed the meeting but skimmed over the moose discussion since it's unobtainable for me. I'm pretty sure they approved the draft of Chapter 8. My takeaway: enter Super Tag drawing.

18-Apr-24
Good news was the Snowies are doing good and more tags but forage needs to be managed, meaning keep moose population about where it is. They mentioned the tags on the Western side for damage control, type 4s I think and archery only maybe.

And I agree on the Super Tag comment unless you have max PPs or so, but bonus points are coming up again.

18-Apr-24

Nyati 's embedded Photo
Nyati 's embedded Photo
I’m just glad I got my WY shiras in 2000 before the wolves and other factors hammered the WY moose population

18-Apr-24
Yes or you could have paid for 20 years of points to have them change the rules and lose it all.

18-Apr-24
That’s true , been thru that in CO as well. Got lucky and drew my bighorn sheep tag in WY in 2004 but unfortunately came home empty handed but did get to sheep hunt in WY at least. Something a lot of people will never get the privilege to do as they continue to tighten things up on the Nonresidents.

18-Apr-24
Glad I was able to get out of the moose game when I did.

19-Apr-24

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I too am happy I got mine # 15.

19-Apr-24
When I apply several units list tag numbers. For example unit 10 sys 7 resident and 1 NR, it has always had 2 NR tags so this is not old data. This is a big difference for me at 22 points.

I have been very aggressive to applying and want to take as many species as I can. I am very seriously considering dropping WY moose. It is hard to accept and frustrating. I really want a shiras. I might cow moose hunt down the road. The massive blow to NR's with tag decreases, cost increases, app fees etc really bothers me.

I have a slim chance at drawing but just could not stomach $3k. Never felt that way for a tag before.

I called WY G&F and guy said same thing I read on app online, "looks like 7 resident and 1 NR tag". I also do not think tag numbers are out - so why do I see tag #'s when applying?

19-Apr-24

DonVathome's embedded Photo
DonVathome's embedded Photo
Pic

19-Apr-24
DonVathome, I am, unfortunately, in the same boat. With 23 current preference points, I have zero chance of drawing the area I would prefer. The people at Huntin' Fool advised me to save my money and stop buying reference points as I have no chance of drawing it in my lifetime. A very sad state of affairs, after diligently and regularly sending them my money in an attempt to get this never or once in a lifetime permit.

19-Apr-24
I’m very blessed and appreciative to have drawn a Shiras tag in the past (not WY). Unfortunately there are numerous species that very few people will get to pursue unless they have unlimited resources ($$). My 2 cents is to keep applying where you have a chance and cross your fingers. States like WY where they changed the game and you’re left with zero chance say goodbye!

19-Apr-24
CO has done the same. When I first started building points in CO NRs were eligible for ranching for wildlife tags. That is no longer the case. Then they cut back the % of NR tags. After 20 years I burned my elk points, and after 24 years burned my mule deer points. The only thing I’m still in the game for is sheep. Not buying anymore elk or deer points.

It’s only going to get worse for NR in all the states. With a limited resource the states are going to give residents the advantage every time while still milking NR for as much as they can get.

19-Apr-24
It is sad to see. I am extremely lucky to have drawn what I have and I am getting old enough and done enough that I am very happy. I started in 2000 and drew 3 rocky mnt sheep tags and a desert. That is as good as I could have hoped for.

I feel bad for new guys getting in the game, now especially. Even if you started 10 years ago in most states you have a loooooong expensive wait............

I am still trying to figure out why they are showing tag numbers when applying?

19-Apr-24
Gave up on Wyoming moose years ago. Let them have a half a dozen points.

19-Apr-24
We burned my wife’s points last year on a cow tag.

19-Apr-24
MQQSE I debated that. I hunt cow elk every year in WY. Tough pill to swallow, $3k for a cow moose tag AND 22 years of buying points (cost and patience/put forth the effort). Can't talk myself into it.

19-Apr-24
25th sheep year for me and you can feel they are about to ruin that too.

• Sitka Gear