Tilzbow 21-Apr-24
Tilzbow 21-Apr-24
IdyllwildArcher 22-Apr-24
Beendare 23-Apr-24
Jim Moore 24-Apr-24
BULELK1 29-Apr-24
21-Apr-24

Tilzbow's Link
More archery deer tags being proposed this year.

21-Apr-24

Tilzbow's Link
More archery deer tags being proposed this year.

22-Apr-24
Overall big increases to deer tags and significant elk tags too.

Big cut to total DBHS tags, 30 in all. Good thing though; many of these units had oldest rams being killed at age 6.

NRs lost the 1 archery DBHS tag. Oh well, it wasn't a great unit anyways - but I wish they'd put it somewhere else, like 268 as there's plenty of tags there to sustain it.

23-Apr-24

Beendare's embedded Photo
Beendare's embedded Photo
I used to hunt NV every year as a non Res. Now the popularity of hunting in the west and their draw system of squaring of bonus points has made that tough.

For the realists out there, I'm posting a screen shot of my situation in NV is trying to draw a non res archery Elk tag with 19 years of buying licenses and applying. My odds have actually decreased...and drastically. About 6-8 years in I had multiple units where I had double digit chance of drawing....as you can see, thats changed.

The odds have steadily decreased- to now where in the bulk of the units I have a less than one percent chance of drawing- and dropping.

24-Apr-24
Muzzleloader deer tags in some of the units nearly doubled. Thats crazy. I was hoping they would at least choke back the tags for another year at least. Would be nice to see the deer population recover a bit more.

29-Apr-24
Got my appl. done.

Shared my deer points with a guy so going into the draw we will have 7 points.

He hunted the same block of units I do so he can hunt his style/area and I can hunt mine.

I like that.

Solo appl. on the rest except just a point on Antelope, I'm building Antelope points in 3 states so that when I get too old/wore out to chase Sheep and pack out Elk, I can just hunt Antelope.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear