PeteO 25-Apr-24
EmbryOklahoma 25-Apr-24
Zbone 26-Apr-24
Shaft2Long 26-Apr-24
Corax_latrans 26-Apr-24
Waylay 26-Apr-24
Charlie Rehor 26-Apr-24
22-Apr-24
The other thread prompted this............

Who used to provide content and valued perspective on this site that no longer does and you miss it. Maybe unfortunately they passed away, maybe they just faded away, possibly they gave up the sport, maybe they went up in a blaze of drama and were excommunicated, whatever.................. they ain't here no more.

Who is it that you believe would add more to the Bowsite experience in the area of Hunting, Shooting, Equipment, Hunt Reports, etc. but for whatever reason we have lost the benefit of their contribution.

Kindly don't turn this into a "Who I Wish Would Leave" thread. Start your own separate one if that is your interest.

22-Apr-24
BB

22-Apr-24
100% I miss Big Dan! He provided great information and was willing to help people out.

22-Apr-24
Serb was a hoot!!! ArcherJ, great guy.

22-Apr-24
RC , SERB and the guy from Alabama that worked in the toilet paper factory.

22-Apr-24
TBM

22-Apr-24
BB and Big Dan

22-Apr-24
Genejockey, Jim johnson, Tennbow, Catfish, Harley Rider, Joey Ward, DCM, Sewer Rat, Fearless, NvaGvUp, SteveCo, Rupe, Troy Green, StormRider, BB, Adios Pantalones, Amoebus, and Yendor are a few me and bluedog came up with a few days ago. Bad Karma and Mike in CT are two who still pop in occasionally, but I wish it was more frequent.

22-Apr-24
Kelly Harris , Herm and Judy , Tink, TBM, Muskeg jonnie laird

22-Apr-24
Jim Fetrow, Jeff Coggins, Kelly Harris, David Hewitt and many others who have passed on.

22-Apr-24
Kevin Dill and OTCWill for me - OTC still on rare occasions comments but nothing like in the past.

Bowriter, BigDan and Kelly Harris - if we count those who have passed away.

22-Apr-24
TBM. He brought out the best of everyone.

22-Apr-24
Big Dan, Cityhunter,Serb,TThomas

22-Apr-24
BB and Bigdan. Met both on Bowsite and was fortunate to bowhunt with them.

22-Apr-24
NVAGVUP. Good guy.

22-Apr-24
What Willieboat said.

Plus TBM. One year our sparring caused some Bowsiters to arrange an old man cage fight. We were going to do it when he came to MT to hunt. What nobody knew is that he pm'ed me asking if I would hunt with him. He just killed turkey #300 with a bow last week. Character.

22-Apr-24
BB

22-Apr-24
25 year mostly lurker here. I did enjoy the Community Forum, not sure where it went....But Grey Ghost has a lot of those I miss reading. Gene Jockey loved debate and always enjoyed the threads he was involved with. NVAGive Up....what happened to him? I liked his dedication to fitness, his financial insights and overall personality. Rupe was always fun to read. DCM (RIP) was a friend of mine. Back when the LW had a lot of seldbow stuff, there was a guy named Mickey (I think)...he was super knowledgeable. Too Short was awesome....still see him post once in a blue moon. Joey Ward comes to mind. Ron LaClaire, BB...always loved their photos and stories.

This is a blast from the past to see these names again.

22-Apr-24

22-Apr-24
TBM, cityhunter

22-Apr-24
Yup, BB for sure.

22-Apr-24
BB Big pizza man Cluch

23-Apr-24
So many already named above. Many of which offered help, advise, input etc to me personally. Big Dan, BB, OTC Will, TBM (what a character), City Hunter, Ace Of Spades (been several years since I saw him post), Blacktail Bob, Idyllwild Archer, Serbian Shark, and the list goes on. I know a few of these guys still post on occasion but very infrequent and several I’m forgetting.

23-Apr-24
Big Dan- Especially this year my 18 year old son and I have montana elk tags on his home turf

23-Apr-24
Copied from GG: Genejockey, Jim Johnson, Tennbow, Catfish, Harley Rider, Joey Ward, DCM, Sewer Rat, Fearless, NvaGvUp, SteveCo, Rupe,

Yep, good people, all of 'em. Don't even know how many of 'em are still breathing. Even miss Bill McNeil, although he went off the rails a bit before he was (deservedly) asked to leave.

23-Apr-24
It’s funny that some we miss were basically run out of here by others. At least how I remember it.

23-Apr-24
Because nobody mentioned them yet... Len in MD, Woody Sanford

23-Apr-24
Timex

23-Apr-24
BB, TBM, Big Dan, city hunter, as well as some more mentioned above. Things change, no matter how much we want them to remain the same.

23-Apr-24
BigDan my buddy for many years although we never got to hunt together,BB,Cityhunter ,Serb , and the one who penned about the 114 buck Good luck all Lewis

23-Apr-24
Kelly was his name sorry for memory lapse

23-Apr-24
Kelly Harris. He made amazing threads! I have some on the local page I miss too, but on the main page, he stands out to me.

23-Apr-24
Big Dan immediately came to mind. Seeing the names city hunter and bigpizzaman I'd have to agree. In his final days I found bowriter quite annoying but didn't think that really reflected who he was. He was also very good for bringing up interesting bowhunting topics that many don't think about immediately.

I really miss OTCWill doesn't seem to be on here anymore.

23-Apr-24
Say what you will about TBM - atleast his threads were about hunting. Everyone covered most of them above. Kelly, BB, NvaGvUp, BigPizzaMan, OTCWill, Kevin Dill’s moose story is still my favorite thread of all time, I forgot the handle of the guy that would always post gear reviews… he still posts on here but not near what he used to if I remember correctly.

23-Apr-24
You are probably thinking of Kotaman.

23-Apr-24
What happened to Bigpizzaman?

23-Apr-24
I've seen Blacktail Bob back on lately, but was gone for a long time.

23-Apr-24
BPM, classy guy and his hunts were always great to hear about.

23-Apr-24

fuzzy's embedded Photo
fuzzy's embedded Photo
I kinda miss ole Timex honestly

23-Apr-24
I liked Timex. He was a good guy IMO

23-Apr-24
Old Sarge was another good guy.

23-Apr-24
What happened to BPM and Timex?

23-Apr-24
What did happen to timex?

23-Apr-24
Old Timex was his own worst enemy, it seems.

23-Apr-24
TBM. Guy was just a classic

23-Apr-24
He took a lickin’ and stopped tikin’

23-Apr-24
Although he was wound tighter then a two dollar watch and you could easily get into a debate with him on just about anything, Ole Timex will be missed here. scentman

23-Apr-24
What drycreek said including those he mentioned. I miss the banter that TBM caused with his posts. I do understand from those that actually know him that he is a good guy and outstanding hunter. cityhunter had an unique hunting background and posting ability. I miss others that no longer share their wit here mixed in with their bowhunting ventures. Wit is something that I also appreciate from those that are still posting regularly. Some of you guys (I won't mention any names as you probably can guess) can be very clever.

23-Apr-24
He went out in an epic blaze of glory, for sure. If you missed it, ask Fuzzy. ;-)

23-Apr-24
I always got a kick out of Africanbowhunter. (Tink)

23-Apr-24
GG, what happened on that thread stays on that thread. scentman

23-Apr-24
Scent, what was on that thread is gone forever. The memory for those who saw it, is epic.

23-Apr-24
Spike, BPM is still around and hunting as much as ever. He’s one of the ones that got tired of the same stuff plenty others have gotten tired of and have left. Looks every now and then, but never posts anymore.

23-Apr-24
Nothing on the web is gone forever. Actually the opposite is true.

It's still in good hands :)

23-Apr-24
Over the years we sure have lost a lot of great bow hunter/contributors. Gone but not forgotten. RIP

Enjoy yourself, it’s later than you think…

23-Apr-24
I missed most of the thread honestly. I'm semi-boycotting the site just checking in on my boots thread and Ken's 30 years occasionally. Timex chose a more flamboyant exit

23-Apr-24
Fuzzy. Resurrect Timex and take him to Africa with you. What an adventure that would be !! Might even get him reinstated on the forums. He needs the Bowsite for his sanity

23-Apr-24
In order. Big Dan Always willing to give advice BB Great stories and photos Serb Fun guy Cityhunter “ Lou” Classy DIY hunter

There was one more, I think his handle was NJbob or something like that. He finally went on his goat hunt, and connected. Came home and passed a short while afterwards.

There are a few more that still lurk that I keep in touch with. Miss them also.

23-Apr-24
BB and Big Dan were class acts, super experienced and informed, and generous with information. Both Gentlemen and I miss them both here. No doubt their presence improved this site a lot.

23-Apr-24
Wait… Timex has been deemed “excommunicado”? Must’ve missed that one. What happened?

23-Apr-24
TBM,tthomas, OTCwill (he has s one of my best friends) Serb, BigDan.

24-Apr-24
Big Dan and BB

24-Apr-24
I thought about taking a screen shot of Timex's thread, because I knew it wouldn't last long. But I decided it wouldn't serve any useful purpose.

24-Apr-24
“HamBlaster” and Big Dan

24-Apr-24
GG I’m glad some people disagreed with you and took a screen shot of the conversation. Only because when someone says it wasn’t that bad there is evidence to prove otherwise.

Timex did it to himself and possible learned a small lesson in how being unfiltered, although fun at times, serves no useful purpose and is not a badge of honor. The mantra of respect being a two way street in Timex world also turned out to not be a real thing in his daily life.

Maybe if old Timex gets a second chance he will have matured some

24-Apr-24
Big Dan for sure, and I miss the photos of BB

24-Apr-24
Medicine Man and Blacktailbob.

Jake was my introduction to bowsite, we shared hunting camp together back in 2008. Always enjoyed following along on his hunts while he was chasing his SS. Top notch guy!!!

And BB seems to be as much of a time tested die hard bowhunter as any out there that would tell you like it was. A wealth of knowledge between the two of them.

24-Apr-24
Timex must have been banned for being honest?! These days honesty and integrity are considered poor traits.

Wrong decision in my opinion! Banning = BS!

24-Apr-24
BB still posts amazing photos on FB pretty much every day. He has become seriously talented. Among the very best.

24-Apr-24
Far too many. BB. Big Dan, cityhunter, otcwill, Serbian Shark, Kelly Harris

24-Apr-24
If being banned from a website is the worst "consequences of my actions " I ever suffer, I'll have led a charmed life. LMAO

24-Apr-24
BB

24-Apr-24
BB and cityhunter.

25-Apr-24
Aside from Timex, did all these other guys pass on?

25-Apr-24
Apprearntly I missed it. Why did Timex get the boot?

25-Apr-24
After Timex posted that thread 'Pic of Your Face', I realized everyone that ever gave me flak on here was an old, pissed off guy that felt threatened. Kind of lightened me up after that. Too bad he had to go that route though. That kind of language is disgusting. I had noticed he seemed bored and was making up new threads daily.

25-Apr-24
He took a lickin’ and stopped tikin’

25-Apr-24
I miss my buddy Bretto. We used to shoot together all the local shoots and were good friends. We would get talking and time would get away from us. We lost him the a rare blood cancer several years ago. I had two friends that did concrete work and both passed away from the same blood cancer.

25-Apr-24
Kelly Harris and Jay G... couple guys on the NY forum... CBeck and Pogo. scentman

25-Apr-24
Mike Pierce

25-Apr-24
Scentman. JayG is still around just not here. Great guy. Lots are gone. Miss em all

25-Apr-24
Kelly Harris,

25-Apr-24
Kelly/Morgan/Big Dan/Serb TBM sure was funny, and got it done. Missed what Timex did but no loss.

25-Apr-24
Anyone heard from Serb? I used to banter and chat with him on FB and messenger after he left BS.

26-Apr-24
What happened with Medicineman Jake? I always enjoyed his hunts...

26-Apr-24
TBM, always found those threads entertaining.

ElkReaper, Aaron Snyder used to have a lot of useful info from actual experience.

Timex? That must be recent. I’m sure he was criticizing something I said just a few weeks ago.

26-Apr-24
I miss the non-political versions of a LOT of people, actually…

26-Apr-24
ZBarebow +1

26-Apr-24
Ain’t no future in the past. Post up your Turkey and Bear hunts.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear