butcherboy 25-Apr-24
Buffalo1 26-Apr-24
Groundhunter 26-Apr-24
Buffalo1 26-Apr-24
Dale06 26-Apr-24
scndwfstlhntng 29-Apr-24
Matt 29-Apr-24
25-Apr-24
Leave next week for my first trip to Africa and currently packing. Gonna wear my boots and most of my clothes will be on my carry on along with my bino harness with optics (binos and rangefinder). I have a small yellow wind puffer bottle attached to the harness filled with what I assume is a white powder. Thinking it might be smart to leave it home. Anyone ever flown with one and any problems?

25-Apr-24
How about putting it in your bow case as checked baggage? That’s where I put mine.

25-Apr-24

25-Apr-24
My wind puffer bottle is always stored in a little pocket on my bino case. I’ve flown to Africa three times along with many other countries with those binos in my carry on and have never had an issue. I also fly many times annually with meds, out of the prescription bottle, in a daily pill organizer and have never had any issues with that ever.

25-Apr-24

Keefers's embedded Photo
I just use diabetic strip containers I dress up with some leather work and stuff the container with milk weed after I remove the seeds and drill a hole to pull it out as needed.
Keefers's embedded Photo
I just use diabetic strip containers I dress up with some leather work and stuff the container with milk weed after I remove the seeds and drill a hole to pull it out as needed.

25-Apr-24
The worst that would likely happen with the puffer might (unlikely) take it. The worst thing about not having pills in their prescription bottle would be that they arrest you in some countries.

25-Apr-24
Why chance it? Plenty easy enough just to stash it in your checked bag and not have to worry about any potential hassles.

25-Apr-24
I’ve flown all around the world with one in my bino harness in my carry-on. Never even a glance at it. Even when I was “selected for additional screening”. I would not think one second about it personally.

—Jim

25-Apr-24
Yea think I'll throw it in the bowcase. Was just trying to keep as much on me as possible in case they send my luggage to China or something. If my bowcase dosen't show I'll have bigger concerns then a puffer bottle.

25-Apr-24
I use a small spray bottle to check wind. Fill it with water. It sprays a fine mist in the air and I can fill it anytime anywhere.

26-Apr-24
The wind puffers I have used are my PHs, trackers and if stand/hide hunting, I tie a 10” strip of red surveyor tape on a limb and watch it for wind direction.

26-Apr-24
I asked about this, while in Hawaii. TSA supervisor said as a US citizen, your meds CAN be distributed in pill boxes, for domestic travel. However suspicious powder can be confiscated. For International travel all meds must be in there prescribed bottles, properly marked and dated. Several countries will confiscate, if rules not followed.....

26-Apr-24
Another good wind indicator is a warthog, if hunting a hide/blind. If a warthog won’t commit to come into a waterhole, you are hunting in the wrong place. Time to relocate.

26-Apr-24
I’d not take a bottle of white powder on an international trip. My wind indicator is a piece of dental floss tied to my stabilizer.

29-Apr-24
This is not in counterpoint to what has been said, and I do use powder here in the East. In DRY Africa, the ground is SO DRY and dusty that a small kick of the foot always puts up a puff of dust and then it drifts. Dirt is everywhere and I wouldn't bother to worry about it...just use the dry dust at your feet. Really

29-Apr-24
Like a number of guys, have flown all over the U.S. and Canada with them in my carry-on and never a question.

• Sitka Gear