Dino 15-May-24
70lbDraw 15-May-24
Dale06 15-May-24
Dale06 15-May-24
Matt 15-May-24
Tilzbow 15-May-24
Dale06 15-May-24
15-May-24
I set my bow at 63 pounds last fall and shot 40-80 arrows per week pretty much every week since. Most of this was indoors at 20 yards. Recently as weather permitted I’ve started shooting outside and am finding my 30 and 40 pins are off with my arrows hitting low. I checked my draw weight and it’s dropped to about 60 pounds. What caused this?

15-May-24
Likely your string has stretched out and needs replacement

15-May-24
You’re in a humid area. Do you store your bow in a dry environment during the offseason? Inspect your cams.

15-May-24
Thanks Dino. Maybe so, it’s nine months old, and a custom made by Vapor Trail. I hope it doesn’t need replacing this soon.

15-May-24
70 pound draw, yes it’s stored in a pretty dry area. So, what am I looking for in inspecting the cams? Thanks

15-May-24
Either your limb bolts backed out (unlikely, easy to determine), you have a limb issue (unlikely), or your cables are creeping/failing (most likely). Are your cams still synched?

If your string was creeping, your poundage would increase.

Stretch isn’t a relevant concept here.

15-May-24
As Matt said, it’s likely your cables are stretching or failing. Check the axle to axle and see if it’s to spec. If it’s too long then the cables are the likely culprit. If only one stretched then cam timing will be off and that’s best checked with a draw board but can be checked by drawing and having someone observe, just not as accurately.

15-May-24
Ok, thanks guys.

• Sitka Gear