badbull 22-May-24
DConcrete 22-May-24
Scoot 22-May-24
Old School 22-May-24
tkjwonta 22-May-24
DConcrete 22-May-24
BULELK1 23-May-24
21-May-24
Let’s get a good hunting thread going. What hunts does everyone have? Archery, rifle, for your wife, or husband. Or your kids? Let’s see how busy everyone is

21-May-24
I'll let you know in about 10 days for Colorado, and June 18 for Wyo

21-May-24
No out of state tags so far and the few remaining will be unlikely to draw. Will be deer hunting in WV

21-May-24
My season is as follows:

In April, I took my 2 littlest kids, 9 And 12 to Kansas for turkeys. First year they didn’t kill one but they still had fun.

In May, I took my oldest, 25, to Manitoba for bears. We both killed great bears.

In June, I have Saskatchewan for bear. That’s for my wife, my 12 year old daughter. My 18 year old daughter. And my 17 year old son. And my good friend Russ.

After that, I’ll move onto general season archery deer for my 15 year old. I have a multi season elk tag for the fish lake unit. So I can hunt all the open seasons. I also have a Nevada archery elk hunt that ends September 16.

From there, I’ll go back to Fishlake for my 15 year olds big bull, Limited entry rifle elk tag, and once that’s wrapped up, It’ll be around a 10ish day break, and I’ll take my two daughters out for their spike elk rifle hunts.

After that, I have a Vernon limited entry deer tag, as does my wife. Those’ll be rifle. I wanted to hunt mulies with her. She’s my favorite hunting partner.

During that, my 18 year old daughter drew a deer tag for Fishlake. I have a good friend named Krey Bradbury that’ll take her for me since I’ll be with my wife.

My 17 year old son will have a spike elk permit as well. He struck out on the draws this year. His first year as an adult in the application process. Damn the growing up!

After the deer hunts, I’ll be taking my 12 year old daughter to Montana for a rifle whitetail hunt. After that, I’ll have late season elk hunting on Fishlake with my wife, as she has a big bull tag too. And I intend on waiting to fill my tag until we are together. While I’m hunting late season elk, my son,25, will be taking my other son, 17, Almost 18, To Oklahoma. They have a white tail hunt there with one of our key employees and a vendor of ours.

Once that’s over, I’ll Have Iowa gun hunt in December with my oldest son, a client, and the clients employee.

I always hate how the seasons go by so quickly.

I have a very full hunt schedule coming up.

21-May-24
I didn’t draw any out of state tags, so waiting in draw results in my home state of Oregon.

21-May-24
Damn Jeff, that's a hell of fall coming up! You're living the dream brother! Enjoy all that time with the family and keep us updated on how everything goes please!

As for me, I haven't drawn shit so I'm likely deer and antelope hunting at home this fall :(

21-May-24
Two oryx tags and a deer tag. All in NM.

21-May-24
Whitetail tag in the Midwest and mule deer tag in Mexico. Repeat of last year. Looking forward to it. Good luck to everyone

21-May-24
2-3 either sex archery tags, plus a few more antlerless archery whitetail tags in Iowa, and mountain goat, bear & wolf tags in BC. Possibly something else last minute, but unlikely on that.

21-May-24

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Waited a long time for this one. 27 is the most I’ve ever used on one hunt. No other Western tags to distract me, but hit jackpot on two slammer Midwest deer hunts 7 days each.

21-May-24
So far a type 6 cow/calf tag in WY and a muzzleloader deer tag in SW NM good for coues or mule deer (I'll be targeting coues).

21-May-24
LE Wyoming elk that took 12 years nothing else on the books, all my focus is on that one!!

21-May-24
michigan combo tag.

:)

21-May-24
So far Montana deer/elk combo. Going with a friend on a hunt he is planning. Awaiting results on an ID black powder elk tag .

21-May-24
Wyo RP cow tag in my favorite area. Going to have two either sex bow tags for Iowa whitetail rut this year I'm pretty excited about and a pile of antlerless tags again.

Dang, Jeff, hell of a season for you and the fam! Hope we get regular updates and would especially like to hear about the NV elk and your sons Fishlake hunts.

21-May-24
Brown bear in late September, plus whatever I end up drawing here in Wyoming. So definitely elk somewhere.

21-May-24
Nevada archery mule deer, season starts August 10th. New Mexico rifle antelope October 5-7. I should draw an Iowa deer tag, I'll hunt early November. Applied for Kansas rifle deer so maybe that.

Been to Missouri and Kansas turkey hunting this spring.

21-May-24
Nada yet. Going to buy a handful of Type 8 cow tags , we have access. Hoping for a LQ elk tag. Also hoping for a Type 3 WT tag to go with our general deer tags. Maybe a doe deer for private land. Hoping for an antelope tag this year, last year was the 1st year in 36 years I did not draw one. No apps for doe antelope. Mayne set a bear bait this coming weekend. We also have mt lion tags.

21-May-24
WY Gen elk.

21-May-24
Idaho Archery Elk, Arizona Archery Elk

21-May-24
Already bowhunted desert bighorn rams (successful) in Sonora, MX and wild turkeys (unsuccessful) in my home state of Indiana.

Drew Unit 8 archery elk in Arizona this September and will bowhunt whitetails in Indiana potentially for three months (October - December).

Good luck to all!!!

21-May-24
Zero tags so far. Struck out in NM and WY. I’ll definitely draw my Co Archery Muley tag and hopefully will have an elk tag to accompany it in the same unit. The elk tag is literally 50/50 odds. My oldest son will draw his 3rd rifle Muley tag which is a fun ass hunt in an area I’ve been hunting since I was a kid. More excited for that one than anything I might have. Can’t wait till September even if it’s OTC this year. Good luck all.

21-May-24
Well someone is finally capable of giving JTreeman some competition!

Congrats on all those tags DC. Cant wait to hear the rest of those stories.

21-May-24
No draws this year for me.

Just got home from a Manitoba bear hunt. September 1 with Mikes Outfitting for mulies. Then I might chase whitetails here at home.

21-May-24
I shot for the moon on all my applications this year and my results were as expected. With our 2nd child born in early April, if there was a year to miss, this was it. Might get out for a quick trip somewhere, but if not that’s okay.

For around here, whitetails like normal, but I did luck out and draw a week long tag in a special area. Haven’t been able to hunt it in over 20 years. Back then it was my first ever bowhunt, it was with my dad, and I airmailed an arrow around day 5 over a good 8 point. A lot of nostalgia around this tag and I couldn’t be more excited.

21-May-24
Wow! Some fabulous tags getting pulled! Congratulations! Lots of persistence in applying for the draws to get the premium tags for sure.

Been in Texas at my family’s ranch this spring. Have shot a lot of pigs with bow and rifle. Have helped several family friends get blackbucks, axis, turkeys, and pigs with guns and bows.

So far I have only drawn one tag for Unit 1 archery elk and an archery deer tag in AZ. Should be a great elk hunt. Still waiting on several other draws but, since I drew that elk tag I did not want anything else to conflict so only applied for top end sheep, goat, moose and bison tags.

Having to deal with some pretty rough family issues but may go to Alaska to see my boy during brown bear season and see about shooting one with my bow with him. Maybe catch some salmon and halibut as well.

21-May-24
No western Elk tags for me yet. We’ll see what the MT alternate list reveals later. Fingers are crossed on it. If no luck on that the IL big whitetail better look out cause I’ll have 2 more weeks of vacation to chase them.

Shane

21-May-24
Some nice hunts above.

Our season has me a little time worried:

We just arrived home from our Kuiu island bear hunt and will hopefully take the next few months to prepare for what’s ahead. The fun begins on 7/29… 1-NWT for sheep/caribou at MMO with son. 2-Idaho Shiras moose late August 3-western Alaska moose for son and I 4-BC Cali Bighorns on way back from Alaska and then directly to: 5-Unit 24 WY Elk 6-NM Antelope unit 16 7-MT Shiras on Blackfeet Rez 8-Deer on MO farm 9-Carmen Island sheep for Thanksgiving 10-Make sure wife isn’t upset when we return home.

My son and I will try to do all these hunts together, which really makes it fun.

I honestly hope we don’t draw anything else, unless it’s a sheep tag in OR.

21-May-24
NM archery elk for me. NM rifle cow elk for my son. He also drew a youth only NM turkey which he filled on day 2.

21-May-24
No tags drawn.

Free range Texas Elk and Pronghorn in Oct.

Landowner tag. Chama area New Mexico Elk

In between non stop hunting and fishing clients coming to enjoy Texas.

Fun season coming up for sure.

21-May-24
6A archery bull tag in AZ. I've killed 12 in the unit so I'm hopeful for an opportunity. Some awesome tags mentioned above. DC, you're gonna be busy, holy smokes! Put in for my BP for Kaibab so should be good to go next year up there.

22-May-24
Looks to be a lot of guys with some great opportunities.

NB Ca. Black Bear Greenland Mask Ox New Mexico Elk Illinois Whitetails

Good luck everyone.

22-May-24
Headed to Zimbabwe soon. One elephant and Buffalo on quota for me. My wife has leopard and Buffalo on quota. And I hope to run into a very mature eland.

Of course most likely a lot of bait animals for leopard. But there is no tag for those.

I just took preference points and bonus points this year for the western states.

Zim, congrats on the great Utah MD tag.

22-May-24
Right now nothing

Blanked out again in my home state of NM.

Waiting on Colorado archery deer , 1st time applying.

Maybe OK diy whitetail trip. Maybe an otc bear hunt or two.

I really want to apply Wyoming next year as well. Got to do the homework. I want archery deer, no grizzlies.

22-May-24
Right now nothing

Blanked out again in my home state of NM.

Waiting on Colorado archery deer , 1st time applying.

Maybe OK diy whitetail trip. Maybe an otc bear hunt or two.

I really want to apply Wyoming next year as well. Got to do the homework. I want archery deer, no grizzlies.

22-May-24
Sounds like some Guys are definitely in for a treat for sure.

Anyone going to Alaska or Canada for sheep?

22-May-24
Mqqse’s season should be a great one too.

22-May-24
DConcrete,wow , that is some schedule that you have this year. I envy you as only one of my two sons will likely draw an elk tag in Colorado this year (he is a resident). I have been looking at that Fishlake area for quite some time. I have my sons at 16 elk points this year and building for them to hunt there when they have enough pts. Do you think that getting a spike tag beforehand for them would be worthwhile before trying to draw a bull tag? If you don't mind, I would like to contact you after your hunt to see how you did realizing you are someone that certainly knows what he is doing. Good hunting to you and family and look forward to hearing about your hunts. Badbull

22-May-24
I think going and hunting spikes on any unit you plan to draw is a very wise decision. It lets you know where the elk will Be. I’ll Shoot you a pm.

22-May-24
Jeff-- you do such an awesome job of being your crew out in the field!

I haven't drawn a thing so far. Hopeful about CO. Ryan is playing golf again in college so he's out of commission for a few years still. My daughter will be a senior next year and I'll probably sit out a year so I don't miss any of her senior year events. Fall is busy at home and I don't want to miss any of it (even though it'll tough to sit a year out).

22-May-24
Missouri Squirrel hunt for me.

22-May-24
No AK sheep, but headed after mtn goats in Aug. Too unlucky in the draws, so just have to save up and "buy" a hunt once and awhile.

22-May-24
Thanks scoot!

Hunting with my kids is my top priority for sure.

23-May-24
Good for you Jeff and all you others.

Myself, in my home state here in Utah, OTC Any Bull, maybe a cow with my 2 cow points, LE Muzzy Muley Buck, LE Multi-Season Boulder Bear and maybe share my 14 doe deer points with a family w/kids to get to hunt.

Wyo Any Elk Gen-W

Could draw Iowa but would have to be later like Muzzy dates, I'm kind busy in other states.

I'm fixin' to get my Az. Sheep and Deer appl in and I'm really looking at 23 for a Couse buck as I don't have one.

I've got commitment with a father and son to share my 23 Az. deer points with them next year if I don't draw deer this year.

Pretty normal tag year for me.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear