ronsoutdoors 28-May-24
nowheels 29-May-24
Rgiesey 30-May-24
Ace 31-May-24
Ace 31-May-24
TGbow 01-Jun-24
carcus 01-Jun-24
28-May-24
Anyone hear of any knock off thermacell units? Their pricing has gotten pretty insane for a Micky-mouse contraption. All you really need is something to heat the pad. Anyone got an experience with anything out there? Figure there has to be something.

28-May-24
One of the few items in life that is under hyped in my mind. The refills are expensive but the units are worth every cent X2

28-May-24
After the season the units and refills always go on sale. I have seen the units for $10 and big boxes of butane and pads for the same price. Walmart seems to be the best prices. Maybe Canadian Tire up your way? Ymmv.

*concur with Bou, Best value of all my hunting gear. If they cost 10X I’d pay it.

28-May-24
I refill my butane cartridges.

28-May-24
They MUST have a tight patent since there is no alternative.

28-May-24
I saw where some guy said refill pads with permethrin but not sure if it would work if if breathing it would be much good for ya

28-May-24
No kidding hey Charlie? I can't believe that when you search there are no alternatives. All it needs to do is heat a small metal plate that you put a pad on. Considering I can buy a camping burner for $10 on eBay, you'd think you could get a Thermacell type thing for less than $50cdn

28-May-24
I just saw the units at Walmart for $20. I think I paid more than that for the 2 I bought like 10 years ago. I just bought of the larger canister ones for using out at the practice range.

28-May-24
Connaire cordless curling iron refills bulk.Same thing.

28-May-24
I also have the rechargable battery unit and see no difference in effectiveness.

28-May-24
IMHO, Thermacell is one of mankind's greatest inventions!

28-May-24
They are $20 (USD) on Amazon, that seems very reasonable to me. I agree there isn’t much to them, but that doesn’t mean I could make it cheaper either. I’d even venture to guess they make very little on that and count on gouging you on the refills over and over, but last time I bought refills I really didn’t feel that gouged either. In any case I think it’s a great product and worth the cost, with the cost of everything these days it seems pretty reasonable overall to me.

—Jim

28-May-24
Thermacell....something I use that seems to work... Don't know many other things in the world of hunting that work as advertised.

28-May-24
Best thing ever in controlling biting bugs ,When you forget to bring it then you remember why you use it

29-May-24
Yep, I’ve always said I hope the inventor is wealthy beyond his or her imagination. IMO, he’s right up there with Mr Carrier!

30-May-24
Have been totally happy with thermacell

31-May-24
Bear hunting has become a Spring ritual, without a ThermaCell I wouldn’t go.

31-May-24

01-Jun-24
I'm surprised they're not higher than they are considering the rise in cost of everything. No way I will hunt without my Thermacell if I can help it

01-Jun-24
They go on sale all the time, I would never go without, I probably have 8 or 10 of them As they are about as reliable as a new fridge!

• Sitka Gear