wv_bowhunter 06-Jun-24
jordanathome 06-Jun-24
mwh 06-Jun-24
LUNG$HOT 07-Jun-24
TonyBear 13-Jun-24
30-May-24

LUNG$HOT's embedded Photo
Well, I guess you gotta take the good with the bad. Found out yesterday we drew some decent elk and deer tags. About 15 minutes later walked into my room to find our 7 month old pup had turned my hunting boot into a chew toy. Wanted to choke his little ass! I guess better now than a week before season starts. You guys ever had a dog chew up any high dollar/important items?

30-May-24
My homework.

30-May-24
Call Kristi

30-May-24
I had a Chocolate named Gus, big fella never missed a meal... whenever I would head out Archery hunting Gus would chew up my camo clothes I had airing outside, chewed up my leather knife sheath, I'd come home sweet little Ole Gus just laying in dog house all innocent looking... I miss his friendship. scentman

30-May-24
Have a puppy at tge moment that is testing our patience big time.

Worst was a buddy's sweet old golden who chewed about 17" of caribou antler off a European I was working on at his house.

30-May-24
Yes. Yes I have. Got a 12 week old pup the first of December. It was a little terror if left alone out of his cage. Needed milk. Gone for 15 minutes too. Thought she’d be ok.

She chewed up a custom wing bone turkey call, my previous dogs picture I had on display on the entertainment system, and got a European mounted 8 point I had setting on the same entertainment system. All in 5 minutes.

30-May-24
Pair of Lucchase Ostrich Boots

One of the Best Labs I ever owned, but a chewer until about 4 yrs old

30-May-24
My labs have chewed through waterlines, destroyed electronics, appliances, mattresses, furniture, clothing, pretty much anything you can think of. Footwear is nothing.

30-May-24
"Call Kristi"...Tooo funny...8^)))

30-May-24
Could be worse… I heard about a guy whose Veterinarian extracted a pair of sexy ladies’ panties from a dog’s stomach.

Boots are expensive, but having your Vet present your wife with a pair of underwear in some other woman’s size is a whole ‘nother level…..

30-May-24
I've got two one year old APBT's and one hasn't chewed anything but her bones and toys but the boy is out of control. Chewed a brand new pair of hiking boots, TV remotes, water bottles, Christmas decorations etc. He is getting better now but what gets me mad is that he knows he is in the wrong but still does it. Super sweet and loving dog though.

30-May-24
Deep breath bro! They’re your boots, not your baby!

What was that song by Pinkard and Bowden? I believe it was, “Don’t, shoot, the dawg. Don’t shoot him whatever you do. He ain’t been fixed, and he knows some tricks, and he’ll sure make a fool out of you!”

30-May-24
had them chew boots among many other things. labs seem to be the worst on average. worked with a guy once that left his two labs in the garage and they chewed the plastic bumper off a car. LOL.

many years ago, we had new berber carpet installed in our home. shortly after we got a pup, a female brittany spaniel. that dog never chewed or played with anything, but she decided to pull one of the loops in the new carpet. we placed a throw rug over it. she was the best damn bird dog to walk the planet, i swear. she lived to almost 18 years of age and i'd give almost anything to have her or another one like her, damaged carpet and all. :)

btw, those boots can be fixed. relax.

30-May-24
My son's Golden ate the muzzle off a 6x6 elk cape that was in the garage. A different dog of his ate the muzzle off a mule deer cape at a different time. My other son's dog chewed the tail off a bobcat rug which was on the wall. One son's dog chewed up other son's wallet including credit cards and ate some of the money in it.

30-May-24

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
I have a Jack Russell, seven months old…….so, hell yeah !

30-May-24

Here’s the guilty party
Here’s the guilty party
Yeah I figured many a dog has chewed some huntin stuff up. My pup Blu is a 7 month old Catahoula who’s turning out to be a dam good dog but he definitely chews when he doesn’t get a walk or run in, in the morning. He’s active and needs to get out that pent up energy. Not serious when I say I want to choke him. He’s my buddy for sure but I was definitely ticked off. Cobbler just got back to me and said it was going to be $75.00 to make it like new again. Better than a new pair at todays rate of $300.00 on avg.

And NO, I don't plan to “Noem” my pup over some boots ;^)

30-May-24

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
I have a teckel that had a habit of chewing on blankets until last January when she got deathly sick and x-rays indicated blockage in her colon... After $1,567 worth of surgery she is doing fine...

30-May-24
I had a lab that like to eat socks as a puppy. Can be costly of the swallow and it gets stick internally. Some crushed red pepper on a sock fixed the issue lol.

30-May-24
The latest at my house is a German Wirehaired pointer that chewed the seat cover off my Polaris Ranger. He also chewed up the gear shift. Can't have anything nice . . .

I had a lab that chewed through the 4x4 wiring and brake wiring on a Polaris fourwheeler.

30-May-24
I tried the hot sauce trick but that didn't work. I'm upping it to Scotch Bonnet sauce and that should do it hopefully. I'm glad I'm not alone. My previous two dogs never chewed anything after the initial puppy stage.

30-May-24
That sucks - sorry for your loss!

I'm lucky. I've owned one dog. And it's a great dog, but a weirdo. It has never (touch wood) chewed a dang part of our house, shoe, chair, etc. It also is a super picky eater and rarely will eat something dropped on the floor. Heck, if she wants a treat, she walks over, stares at us, we say "sit", she sits and opens her mouth, and we have to slide the treat in there and move our hand, then she will close her mouth.

So, we have lucked out on chewing, err, the lack of it. And every time I see something like this I feel bad for the person it happened too. Ugh!

30-May-24
Friend was storing a Harley in our garage, dog chewed the spark plug wires into little pieces.

30-May-24
That’s a funny pic Z. Glad she’s ok.

30-May-24
I have a 12 wk pup and past experience and costly damage I pup proof the house, did have a pair of Irish Setters boots that got chewed up.

The best story of a dog chewing is a friend's Lab pup, Buck, chewed the complete interior out of the guys car because he told him that he didn't want his dog on a sneak hunt on geese; the seats were torn up to the springs, steering wheel was completely chewed that the gent had to use channel locks to steer, luckily the car was an old hunter beater, moral don't piss Buck off.

30-May-24
Call up Schnees and show them the picture and say this is what happened after one season and now what are you going to do about it. I would love to see their faces if you did say that to them.

30-May-24
Thanks LUNG$HOT, she chewed on every blanket I gave her to lay on since a puppy and some I didn't give her, probably a dozen or so and about every one of them looked like the one pictured and I was always finding pieces of blanket she pooped out in the yard while mowing, so I assumed she was always passing the pieces but then in January she got sick... At 6-years old she had never been sick and then the first day ill she started puking and acted lethargic and I figured she had some kind of a doggie flu or something, it never dawned on me her chewing blankets... She quit puking on the 3rd day (I thought it was over), but she still wouldn't eat or drink, then on the 4th day she started puking again but this time much darker... I called my vet but since it wasn't an emergency at that time they couldn't get her in until the next day, which was day 5 and then x-rays revealed inflamed colon due to a blockage and they administered fluids over night to try to flush the obstruction... Fluids didn't help the inflamed colon which had gotten larger overnight so they performed surgery the next morning and removed the obstruction on day 6... I thought I was going to loose her, but the day after her operation they said she was doing good and I could come and get her... Once home she recovered very quickly and within week she was back to normal running and jumping... Right now she is in heat and we have an appointment Saturday for her to meet a boyfriend/mate so I can get a pup from her...8^)

Fortunately she hasn't chewed on a blanket since (knock on wood), seems she somehow knows chewing the blankets made her sick... She quit cold turkey...8^)

31-May-24
Once upon a time I had almost finished a hickory self bow and had put the 3rd layer of sinew backing on it. It was drying in a storage/utility room off the garage and breeze way exit to the back yard with a child proof gate closing the breeze way. My wife and I went to visit my Mother for about 4 hours. Now I do not know exactly how long it takes 2 beagles to open a child proof gate, chew all the sinew off, splinter the entire back and leave deep tooth marks over the entire former bow. But 4 hours is more than sufficient.

31-May-24
Wee OOH that’s Expensive!!!!!

31-May-24
Our current dog is a Goldendoodle. Very affectionate and playful but a holy terror on chewing shoes, socks, blankets, underwear, furniture, carpet. Pretty much anything in the house left out. She is food ninja as well. She can sneak food off the counter in a dish without knocking the dish on the floor. Turn your back for 1 second and whatever it is it’s gone. Had 3 leftover smoked beef ribeyes on the counter and she ate two of them when I went to put some containers in the fridge. I think she swallowed them whole in about 4-5 seconds. Also went through the vet thing because she swallowed a huge dish towel whole. Vet found a blockage and was about 5 minutes away from doing surgery when she passed it. She also likes to chew on rocks and kills lizards like they are chew toys.

31-May-24
I forgot about the remotes and the center seatbelt in my truck.Then she ran right into my ranger tire and it grabbed her leg and flipped her good thing I was going 2 MPH. A good lab is a tired lab.

31-May-24

Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
Ricky The Cabel Guy's embedded Photo
"Call Kristi..."

before you ask...she hunts with a compound.

:)

31-May-24
Coral, I had that same operation. : )

31-May-24
I've got an old fishing rod that, when it was new, my lab pup chewed the grip on. Man was I pissed. Now every time I look at the bites in that fishing rod it puts a smile on my face.

31-May-24
Exactly 12yards, mine wasn't a fishing pole but I have things around the house (coffee table legs, a hair brush another) that puppies long gone chewed on brings a smile to my face too...8^)

LUNG$HOT may feel that way too in a decade or so if he still has his boots...8^)

31-May-24
I plan on it Z. Just shipped the boots to cobbler today for a rebuild. Didn’t want to get a new pair and have to break them in all over again. Hopefully they do well. On the rebuild.

31-May-24
Lol...I feel your pain. Our dog will chew on anything she can get a hold of if we don't watch her.

31-May-24
Yeah LUNG$HOT maybe your cobbler will leave some teeth marks on it, call them battle scars...8^)

03-Jun-24
Well as always you ought to beat your own ass for letting your boots lay out where your unknowing pup can smell your scent and chew some live on ya. I have found with pups it's always my fault when my pup is bad because 1. I ignored him 2. I forgot to put it away 3. I forgot to take him out to pee 4 . Reminder he's just a dog who if you lock in your trunk on purpose he will be so glad to see you ( try that with your wife) 5. He won't say a word no matter how much you pay for those boots

06-Jun-24

Old Reb's embedded Photo
Old Reb's embedded Photo
We have a beagle who is a chewer. At first I thought it was a puppy teething thing but he is a year and a half old now and his bad chewing habit hasn't improved much. I came home from work yesterday and my son said that Chester ruined one of my ankle muck boots. I totally understand where you are coming from.

06-Jun-24
Funny I saw this. My 9 month old pup chewed up my wallet last night. Lost a few business cards, a little bit of cash, some work receipts, and my hunting fishing license and hunter safety card.

It’s been a week of lose for sure.

06-Jun-24
We have a golden retriever that will be a year old on the 10th. She is showing no sign of slowing down her chewing habits unfortunately. The family has lost a few pair of shoes, a couple door mats, countless baseballs that didn’t get picked up out of the yard and 2 brand new baseball practice nets. Not to mention all the sticks and wood chunks she packs to the front porch to chew up. We have an older dog too but she naps a lot and I think the golden hair gets bored?

06-Jun-24
Joe, that is a gorgeous doggo you got there......a few chewed bits here and there should be forgiven with those eyes pleading. ;)

It ain't the dog's fault. Don't leave shit out where they can chew it and make sure you give them enough exercise they don't get bored and looking for shit to chew. Easy to say....I know........

06-Jun-24
Well, once had a chocolate lab that ate the toes off my wife’s boots, then got into the laundry and chewed up her undies. Both are gone now, but it makes me smile how mad she was, and the dog just sat there, looking totally innocent.

07-Jun-24
“Well as always you ought to beat your own ass for letting your boots lay out where your unknowing pup can smell your scent and chew some live on ya“

You’re not wrong Longsprings! Lol.

Joe, that is a gorgeous doggo you got there......a few chewed bits here and there should be forgiven with those eyes pleading. ;)

Thanks Jordan, yeah he’s a dam cute little bugger. Hard to stay mad too long. He’s my buddy for sure. Cobbler said they’ll be good as new in a week or two.

13-Jun-24
Dog chewed through an electrical cord for my massage chair, roller arm for the living room window, a few socks but nothing I couldn't forgive him for. That said, puppy, dog proofed the house as best we can by putting stuff out of reach. Still likes to grab shoes after greeting you and then hides them someplace. Must be learning from the washer and dryer as they do that really good with socks and underwear.

• Sitka Gear