ACU bowhunter 13-Dec-13
RutNut 13-Dec-13
rershooter 13-Dec-13
Bow Crazy 14-Dec-13
RutNut 14-Dec-13
13-Dec-13

RutNut's embedded Photo
RutNut's embedded Photo
I don't know for sure if this is true, but this wolf was supposedly shot near Minong. This looks like a huge wolf, undressed weight was reportedly 270lbs. I wouldn't post this without substantiating it, but the "Shopper/Free Press" has it on the outdoor part of their site. Not that that makes it true. But if it is, and even being the exception. Can you imagine how many deer that wolf ate a year?

13-Dec-13
Glad it is dead.

13-Dec-13
Saw that picture 3 years ago in an email. it is not true

13-Dec-13
I kind of figured something like that ACU.

13-Dec-13
As ACU said, definitely an oldie. The largest wolf ever shot in North America was reportedly taken in Alaska in 1939 and weighed 175 pounds. Out West 125-135 is a huge one and in Wisconsin 110-115 is the largest I'm aware of prior to this year. Of course we all hear about supposedly larger ones or get internet forwards like you did with bad info, but I'm talking legit and verified weights. Most of the time it's "wide angle close to the animal" photography that makes the animal appear much larger than it is. A sure sign of "trick" photography is when the head of a wolf or deer or fish, etc. looks about 2-4x bigger than the angler's/hunter's head.

13-Dec-13
That's like the email I got a number of times about the big bear hit and killed by a logging truck in Taylor Co. Problem....it was a Grizzly bear and not a black bear. I've become very skeptical of any of these stories I see anymore unless I know the source.

13-Dec-13
why is that Camp 2...because It's hard to swallow?

He does not even look that big...unless the guy behind him is a center in the NBA

13-Dec-13
"And there are probably not milfs in your neighborhood looking for you. :-)"

Why do you have to go and burst my bubble like that?

13-Dec-13
total bullsh$t, atleast the 270 lb. part

14-Dec-13
A 270 pound Werewolf is quite possible but not a Gray Wolf. BC

14-Dec-13
Guys I knew that the weight was off, but it still looked like a big one to me. Even if you take away the "trick" photography. I mainly posted it to see if anyone knew the facts, as I thought I had seen the pic before.

• Sitka Gear