Sitka Gear

I Have been hunting 1-2 times a week since end of September in 3 different spots in Fairfield County. I have usually get a little cranky by now and will shot a few does or a smaller buck or 2 . I passed on 5- 6 different mature does and passed on a couple of small bucks to date. Oct 15th 830am I had a very nice big 10 to 11pt with in 7 yards and could not get a clean shot.The only shot I had was facing me, and when he walked away he turned on dime and walked straight away. I have been kicking myself saying I should have drilled him in the chest, but I know better. So today I was sitting and ratting hard & grunting like a mad buck around 720am , at 730 I caught movement 80 yards out, I see a deer coming in the same way but this time I moved my climber stand 10 yards off to the left and it paid off as this big buck came in looking for something, I did notice a good size branch with green leaves stuck in his horns.When he came with in 15 yard of a clearing , he stopped and I let the arrow fly true & double lunged him. He ran a good 100 yards and went down. When I got to him I could see a head 9 good points one little kicker and he rubbed off his left brow tine. He had a lot of tree bark in his head. He had a 20 inch inside spread, I scored him roughly 132,dressed 180lb one of my best bow bucks ever.

Details about Kevin Bova 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 11/06/2010
State - Ct
County - Fairfield
Time of Day - Morning
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - bowtech VFT extreme
Broadhead - Thunder
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite