Sitka Gear

I had just hung this stand and it was my first time sitting it. I arrived early as I was eager to hunt this stand since I knew some nice bucks were in this area. Just before shooting like I heard movement to my left and behind me. I looked to see what it was and had a little 4 pt walking up the trail. I let him pass as I knew there were bigger bucks in the area and it was a perfect morning. I watched him go past and up the ridge, I waited 10 minutes and started rattling. 10 minutes later from the direction the 4 pt went I heard leaves rustling and it was coming in fast. Could it be the 4pt? No it was a nice 8 pt. He came down the trail and stopped broadside at 28 yds. I took my time and aimed I watched the arrow hit its mark as he bolted up the trail, I tried to see If I could watch him go down but he made it out of sight. I called my father and let him know that I had just arrowed a nice buck he told me that he was on his way and would be there shortly. After about an hour we took up the trail and found him. It was a tough uphill drag out be we eventually made it back to the truck. He scores 115" and weighed in at 205 dressed.

Details about David Pignataro 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 11/22/2006
State - Ct
County - Fairfield
Time of Day - Morning
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Bowtech Extreme VFT
Broadhead - Slicktrick 100gr
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite