onX Maps

I had trail cam pics of his typical side for quite some time and thought he was just a good clean typical. Three weeks ago I began to get him on the mock scrapes where I was finally able to see his nontypical side. He was beginning to come out closer to daylight and the Buck Fever Synthetics were really starting to set the stage. I still have not checked the most recent cards but I may have more pictures to add. He was too unique to pass. The morning was nice and cool but extremely calm and the thermals had me a bit nervous. I had just stood up around 8:45 to stretch and was really thinking it was just going to be a beautiful but uneventful morning. I caught a glimpse of a buck behind some cedars behind me and as I went to put the binoculars on him, I quickly noticed I had another buck closing in and coming my way. I quickly thought, "Cluster", and immediately knew it was him. The ground had a good dew on it and that explained why I hadn't heard them until they were right there. I quickly spun the camera around and filmed him work the scrape before he walked in to 20 yards and offered me a slightly quartering angle that I had to take due to limbs if he continued any further. The shot had me nervous thinking I may have been a touch low but it ended up being good. He mule kicked and ran roughly 100 yards when I heard him crash. The pictures show the exit and that is why it appears a touch back. It was tight to the shoulder on the entrance and the Havoc opened him up well.

Details about Dylan Smith 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 11/05/2015
State - Ks
County - Nunya
Time of Day - Morning
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Prime Alloy
Broadhead - G5 Havoc
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite