onX Maps

Passed this deer up at 4:15 just after I saw him get his picture taken in my food plot not 100 yards away. He came in and tore up my recently freshened mock scrapes in front of my stand. I passed him up and watched him walk away as I was hoping for a big 10 pointer that I had missed on a last second stalk near my truck that morning just a couple hundred yards North of this stand location. Saw a few deer shortly after, but was alerted by the sound of a deer approaching directly behind me about 45 minutes later. I turned to see that same buck I passed on earlier and he was coming on a string following my drag rag scent of Mrs.Doe Pee. As he came directly under my stand I decided that I was going to shoot him this time due to the amount of great footage I had of him and I videod him tear up the scrape one last time before the shot. Got the shot on tape as well with the help of my swinging camera arm attached to my stand. Unfortunately I hit him just a bit high and clipped the spine. I immediately followed up with another shot.

Details about Dylan Smith 's hunt

Hunt Details

Date Killed - 11/12/2004
State - Ks
County - Wabaunsee
Time of Day - Afternoon
Sex - M
Whitetail Deer

Equipment Details

Bow Make/Model - Jennings Buckmaster
Broadhead - Rocket 125
Arrow - Carbon/Graphite