Annony Mouse 16-Aug-18
Annony Mouse 16-Aug-18
BC 16-Aug-18
Jebediah 16-Aug-18
HA/KS 16-Aug-18
tonyo6302 17-Aug-18
HA/KS 17-Aug-18
16-Aug-18
...... they are not organized against Trump. That's right, the Globe organized other papers across the country to print editorials Thursday (today) on Trump's "attack" on the press and refute his claims they have...... organized against him..... leftist insanity at it's finest.

These people have lost all connection with the outside world on how they are seen. That this is likely to blow up in their faces apparently never occurred to them. Never occurred they are doing exactly what they are accused of and defending themselves against. Clueless.....

From Geraghty (actually Theodore Kupfer) this morning..... "Jack Shafer’s most-recent Politico column is convincing:

"Most journalists agree that there’s a great need for Trump rebuttals. I’ve written my share. But this Globe-sponsored coordinated editorial response is sure to backfire: It will provide Trump with circumstantial evidence of the existence of a national press cabal that has been convened solely to oppose him. When the editorials roll off the press on Thursday, all singing from the same script, Trump will reap enough fresh material to whale on the media for at least a month. His forthcoming speeches almost write themselves: By colluding against me, the fake media proved once and for all, that they are in cahoots with the Democrats and have declared themselves to be my true political opposition . . .

The Globe’s anti-Trump project is also an exercise in redundancy, not to mention self-stroking. Most newspapers have already published a multitude of editorials and columns rebuking the president for his trash-talking of the press. Most major editorial boards opposed Trump’s election, according to this tally by Business Insider. The largest of the 19 newspapers to endorse Trump was the Las Vegas Review-Journal, owned by one of his faithful donors, Sheldon Adelson. More than 240 endorsed Hillary Clinton. Editorial-page sentiment against Trump remains largely unchanged since the election, making the call for a collective reprimand all the more pointless.

Another problem with a nationally coordinated pro-press catechism is that the audience likely to reap the greatest benefit from the haranguing — Trump and many in his base — tends not to read newspapers in the first place. While there’s always value in preaching to the choir — that’s why churches hold services every Sunday — the combined weight of 200 pro-press editorials is not likely to move the opinion needle or deter Trump from defaming and threatening reporters.""

Played like a fiddle.......

16-Aug-18
less than 9% of people read newspapers anymore. they cant collude if they wanted to.

16-Aug-18
Putzedian thinking: all they are doing is proving what Trump has said is correct.

16-Aug-18

Will's Link
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-media-trump/senate-adopts-resolution-backing-free-press-after-trump-attacks-idUSKBN1L1270

US Senate seems to feel it's cool for the press to be able to speak freely. I think the ability to suggest entire branches of media are bogus and to cause many people to believe as such is a little over the top. So the press clearly felt an equally over the top description of their point was a good strategy it seems...

16-Aug-18
Trump is not the first prez to fight with the press. Obama was always going on about Fox and hardly anyone from his admin would appear on that channel. Truman threatened violence and jailing against the press (might even have had a couple thrown in jail, or maybe that was Roosevelt I don't recall off the top of my head). I'm sure there are many more samples. I heard JFK wasn't above threatening them either.

The only thing that I see has changed is that Trump is going after everyone except Fox and, as has been pointed out by the above posters, they are proving him right. They are ganging up on him and are doing it in a concerted way. They have been doing it since Day 1. Which is fine. If they think that is what people will pay to read and listen to, that is there business.

On the other hand, if the press really wants to do what they claim they want to do (report the news factually and with little or no bias) what the press should be doing instead of bitching about Trump calling them names is looking internally at their operations and figure out if maybe Trump has a point. If he doesn't, it should be easy to prove for a bunch of high powered word smiths...

Instead, the press plays the victim card, just like every good little liberal will do when their ass is being handed to them on a platter...8^)

16-Aug-18
Truth: "...the press plays the victim card, just like every good little liberal will do when their ass is being handed to them on a platter..."

16-Aug-18
CNN Ratings Fall To 7th Place, Lose to ‘Ancient Aliens’

History Channel’s ‘Ancient Aliens’ has been criticized for presenting “pseudoscience” and “pseudohistory.”

Which apparently is more popular than CNN’s pseudonews.

Via Breitbart.

CNN tanked in the cable ratings between August 6 and August 12, losing out to Fox News, MSNBC, and even the History Channel show Ancient Aliens, according to the latest data from Nielsen Media Research….

CNN finished in a distant seventh place, attracting 992,000 average viewers and falling behind HGTV, USA, the History Channel, and TBS in the weekly ratings.

Bottom line: journalism today loves mirrors and hearing themselves talk more than reality.

16-Aug-18
Trump is correct. A large majority of the media has been aggressively trying to take down a leagally elected President since the day he won. The constant negative drumbeat and omission of any positive news goes way beyond what any other Presidents faced. Talk about collusion!!!

16-Aug-18

16-Aug-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

17-Aug-18

tonyo6302's Link
. . . . another prediction to Trumps end . . . .

.. . ..

. .. . .

Found this on the Drudge Report this morning.

17-Aug-18
The house is much less a national race than senate seats. It will come down to candidates and turnout much more than party affiliation.

Had the republicans actually done anything in the past two years, they would easily keep the house and run away with the senate. As it is, it could be bad (but may not).

• Sitka Gear