TD 04-Dec-14
Mad Trapper 04-Dec-14
Db1 04-Dec-14
t-roy 05-Dec-14
Owl 31-Dec-14
BULELK1 01-Jan-15
Ishy Isomer 01-Jan-15
25-Nov-14
So in 2008 I shot a pretty good Mountain Goat, I had never entered anything in the record books. I was asked by both guide and outfitter to enter him and did so. I attended Grand Slam in 2009 and it opened up a new world for me. There I met Sergio Jimenez, outfitter for Carmen Island, I was hooked! We had a five year payment plan worked out and I was booked for 2013. Life happened and my hunt was moved to 2014 but I got first crack at the dates. I choose October, second week of hunting.

Because I had done 3 hunts previously missing my family, it was arranged for them to come with me! So Thursday October 23rd I headed for Loreto Mexico with my wife, son, daughter-in-law and two Grandkids!

25-Nov-14
Congrats on a great Ram! Looking forward to the story.

25-Nov-14

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Loreto is great from the airport to the people to the scenery. Wish we had more time to spend there but we were off to the Island. We had a lot of luggage and gear so 2 boats were provided to take us out!

25-Nov-14

It's about an hour and a half (in good weather) boat ride to the Island. Beautiful blue water and sunshine had everyone happy!

25-Nov-14

Water as slick as glass had us motoring out in no time, ice cold Cerveza was supplied, life is good!

25-Nov-14
This is gonna be good!!!

25-Nov-14

Before the cooler was empty we turning into the cove where the Hacienda and old Salt Mine Company town are located! Looked like I'd seen an old Clint Eastwood Western filmed there!

25-Nov-14

At first light I'm in a boat with Gaspar, Tato and Aboondie. We ride South 20 min and pull onto a beach where two creeks empty into the sea. Myself, Gaspar and Tato take the lower creek (shooting team) Aboondie and his dog take the upper (spotting team). We walk/climb up the creek bed for an hour stopping to glass before we start our climb.

I'm already sweating profusely.

25-Nov-14
So Tim who the heck ran the pizza place while you were gone :)

This story would be better with a t rex pizza

25-Nov-14

Gaspar is the one who will determine weather or not the sheep is a shooter. I've not heard one bad thing about him from anyone, ever. The more I hunted with him the more I liked him. Usually by the time I'd spot a Ram, he would have seen it, aged it scored it and determined weather or not he was in a position to make a move on him.

25-Nov-14
Got my popcorn! Keep it coming!

25-Nov-14
Thanks for sharing an adventure only a very few bow hunters will ever do. This is truly the next best thing. Get er done!

Bowsite Rocks!

25-Nov-14
Thanks Guys!

Shawn, Old Dean-O himself came out of retirement!!

25-Nov-14
Great! It's a bow hunt! Mike

25-Nov-14

We are sitting and glassing for an hour or so when Tato says don't move! I'd moved into a shady area about 5 feet from my bow. As soon as I spot the Ram headed our way, I wait until he's dropped out of sight, grab my bow and nock an arrow. I'm sure the Ram will see us any second and bolt but I watch. If he stays on the trail he's on he will pop up 30 yards behind us, unfortunately he'll wind us by then. There's an opening just before he drops behind us, I'm not sure of the range but Gaspar will range and give me the green light.

Gaspar whispers "shooter" and Ram is still coming. My release is in the loop and I'm reciting "aim small, miss small" over and over. The Ram hits some cover right before the opening I intend on shooting him in. I draw. The Ram comes out and Gaspar bleets, Ram is frozen. Silence, "Gaspar how far?" "how far" "Gaspar", out of the corner of my eye Gaspar is struggling with the rangefinder. Finally I hear 66 yards. I put my 60 yard pin on his heart and dump the arrow. I miss 2 inches below him. I have a range of emotions. Never pass up a first day kill but, I'm not crushed. Later I range where he was standing I get 68 yards. No excuses I rushed the shot.

25-Nov-14

Next morning finds us in a truck, we head inland a bit then turn South we will be walking in just above the salt flats.

25-Nov-14
Bring it on Tim! Congrats on a great r am and family adventure!

Mark

25-Nov-14

It's hot already! I stop to take pics not because I'm breathing like a horse!

25-Nov-14

We walk a bit more today then yesterday, stop and glass, walk some more. Had a couple close encounters but not what we were looking for.

25-Nov-14

Did I mention the scenery is AMAZING!

25-Nov-14
SWEEEEEEEEEETG!

25-Nov-14

Day 3 we're back in the boat, travel even further South. We head up a dry creek that has a spring, in fact it's where they get water for the Hacienda. Just before noon we spot several sheep in a really stockable spot, Gaspar and I roll out. we move as fast and as quite as we can.

If we can get out on the rocky outcropping quietly, the sheep are just under us.

25-Nov-14
Sorry I'm calling it a night! I promise I'll finish tomorrow!

25-Nov-14
Thanks for sharing and congrats!!!

25-Nov-14
It has already been worth the wait.....tomorrow will be icing on the cake.....

25-Nov-14
Thanks for sharing. I like the commitment of making a 5 year payment plan to chase your dream. It makes the story that much better. Congrats on a fine sheep.

26-Nov-14
Man, I keep checking, he's not joking about finishing tomorrow! Lol damn!

26-Nov-14
Hire another cook so you can spend more time on this story plzzz

26-Nov-14
We reach the rocky outcropping, I'm sure the sheep are still under us. I let Gaspar look over first, he comes back with a grin, 25 yards Big Ram. I'm coming to full draw as I rise over the top, there he is feeding away. He's directly in front of me offering no shot, I look forward on the trail he's on, only one slight right bend. He moves into the bend, I hold my 20 yard pin high and just behind his last rib. Arrow is away and disappears into the Ram with a loud "Twack"! The Ram jumps, makes two strides and begins to roll down the hill. The angle was sever so I look away for a second and nock up another arrow. When I look up the Ram has stopped rolling and he puts his head down. Gaspar says not necessary (my second shot) and begins to congratulate me, as we are "fist-bumping" the Ram gets up and runs off!!!!

26-Nov-14
The drainage in front of us comes alive with sheep, I was so focused on my Ram I didn't notice the other 10 feeding with him. All the sheep run into a creekbed, when they come out the lambs and ewes run west and 5 Rams turn North. We see my Ram with them he's bleeding heavy from the right side and no exit wound. The Rams drop into another creek and only 4 come out, ahh surly my Ram is in the creek, dead. We watch the sheep all run out of sight, then we're on the radio calling Aboondie and Tato. Gaspar and I move down slowly to where my Ram was standing when I shot him, Blood lots and of the good variety (organ not muscle). As we begin the track, it's what I call a Stevie Wonder trail. I'm very confident my Ram's not far, Gaspar is grinning as well.

26-Nov-14
Aboondie and his dog catch up with us, we let the dog lead. We get to the creek where we last saw him, see 4 sets of fresh tracks going out and blood continuing in the creek. Around the next bend the blood trail goes up into a drainage we couldn't see. We've gone 600 yards following heavy blood, sheep are considered "soft animals" so as we begin our climb out of the creek I'm not worried a bit.

26-Nov-14
And???

JK, great story!

26-Nov-14
We move out of the creek and begin to sidehill, I look up and eighty yards away are the 4 other Rams, overhead birds are beginning to circle!! He's got to be near!

We stay on blood for over a mile, then on a ridge top the blood begins to slow, we lose the trail. Tato finally catches up and is smiling, "Man that's a lot of blood", he says.

We get back on the trail, decent blood but slower then before and the Ram has NOT bedded. Doubt begins to enter my mind.

26-Nov-14
Four seasoned hunters and a dog, this Ram don't stand a chance I tell myself! We track! We are Damn near 2 miles into the track when we walk out on a Rocky point. 3 sides are shale and the Ram stood there deciding which way to go, as there are 11 large drops of blood. I bale left, Gaspar right, Aboondie forward and Tato the back trail. We search the rest of the day with not another drop of blood found.

Long quite boat ride back.

26-Nov-14

Up early the next morning, we will find my Ram hopefully the cape is still good.

26-Nov-14
For the next 3 days we search, we cover a lot of ground, see a lot of sheep except the one we're looking for. Even the birds seem to be helping!

26-Nov-14

26-Nov-14
Day seven, at breakfast Gaspar tells me he spoke to Sergio last night, they will let me hunt another Ram. 2 days left to get it done!

26-Nov-14

We go hard and get close to a couple sheep, but no shooters are seen. The sheep are pretty stirred up as we've been all though the area.

26-Nov-14
This is a classic!!!

26-Nov-14
Day eight. Last day. Everyone is very optimistic that we will get it done.

We go up fast and glass hard, looking for a shooter. None are spotted until 3 pm and he's far. I look at Gaspar and say "dia ultimo", we take off after him.

As we are getting close we bump a few sheep but they run off in a good direction. We make just above the Ram, we can't see him but Aboondie and Tato can. He's only 50 yards below us feeding up. Thermals are good but we don't have much time. We are shadowing him, but still can't see him. We think we know what trail he's on and see where it comes into our view. We wait and the winds are beginning to turn. 2 young Rams come over the ridge to our right and suddenly catch our wind, as they bolt so does our Ram. It's over. We stumble out in the dark taking a creek I wouldn't want to walk in day light. By the time we get to the hacienda I feel totally spent, I left some of my soul on the mountain.

26-Nov-14

On the journey home we play tourist. I'm with my Grandkids so I put the defeat far in the back of my mind and enjoy the time with them.

26-Nov-14
Back at home life goes on. Everyone asks about my hunt and after the Leopard hunt this spring I sound like a broken record. It hurts to tell but I "man-up". I send Sergio an email thanking him, as they did their part and went above and beyond for my family. I also ask if there is anyway I might be able to return.

I don't hear back from him but it's the middle of his bust season and he runs 2 or3 other hunting operations. My wife's birthday takes precedent, I plan a nice dinner for her on the 15th on November. Waking early on the 16th, little groggy from the wine the night before, I read my emails. Hmmm something from Sergio!

26-Nov-14
Dear Tim,

We've had a cancellation can you be here tomorrow!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES BUT?????????

26-Nov-14
Like a highscool reunion I wanted to lose some weight, I was thinking sometime after the first of the year I might get to go back. I flew out that afternoon.

26-Nov-14
Tim thanks for making my morning at work exciting!! Keep it coming!

26-Nov-14

Tuesday morning I'm back on the mountain, the local girls have turned out to welcome me, it is the RUT!

26-Nov-14
Wow. This is even better than I imagined.

26-Nov-14

My what a difference 2 weeks make. Cooler temps and wind, lot's of wind. Boat ride to the island was an adventure in it's self. We chase sheep hard the first 2 days and see a lot but the wind has them pushed into the creeks and drainages making bowhunting extremely difficult. Day 3 we have a close call but I blew it. Spirts are high at least I'm in sheep shape now and we can cover a lot of ground.

26-Nov-14
Last two days we went HARD everyone is tired today we decide to slow down a bit and not walk out in the dark again. We see some great Rams but couldn't make it happen. On the way down Aboondie is leading, he weighs about a buck fifty dry. He steps on a large rock and hops to another, as soon as I step on it it slides and down I go! My back breaks the fall on a jagged rock, I jump up embarrassed and windless. Gaspar is concerned, he was right behind me and saw the whole thing. Suck it up I say!

26-Nov-14
Day five I wake and takes me 10 minutes to get out of bed. I swallow a handful of Advil and begin to move around. At breakfast I make the call, no hunt today. By 11 am I'm regretting it, I only have one day left.

26-Nov-14
Oh the twists and turns! Great story Tim! Keep it coming.

26-Nov-14

Sunday the 23rd, my last day, finds me just as sore but with more resolve. I dress eat my Advil and breakfast, I don't look Gaspar in the eye, not wanting him to call it off. I grab my bow and a block, I can barely see my pins, I back up 10 yards and pull. Bow doesn't come back, I try again, nope. Shit come on, finally I get it back am able to get in the peep and release. Let's roll!!!

We are back on the ridge I missed on the very first day.

26-Nov-14
We spot a shooter and head out, we get above him but he's moving. He's with 2 ewes and a smaller ram. We shadow for over an hour, just can't seem to catch him. Gaspar spots another Ram, looks like a very good spot, once again he's far but we have plenty of time on our side.

We head out not pushing too fast as it's really bad footing and I'm prone to falling. I fall behind push to make up ground and come over a ridge about 100 yards from where we think our Ram is. My abdomen is screaming in one muscle spasm, I'm thinking no way will I be able to pull my bow.

We drop our packs I sip some water and try to relax. Gaspar looks I nob and give him the thumbs up. Lets kill him I'm thinking!

26-Nov-14
A "Bowsite Classic". for sure!!!

Nicely done Tim!!!

Mark

26-Nov-14
Sun is at our backs as we rise over, as we expected the Ram was not alone, a ewe catches our shadow and jumps up. The Ram rises out of his bed below us and off to my right, no shot. He stands for a minute then jumps over to meet her. I can clearly see him, Gaspar can't. I'm at full draw, I have the green light to shoot but no range. Think man!

He's at least 48 and no more then 52, steep angle below, slight quartered away. 40 yard pin, 4 inches behind shoulder, slightly high.

I release and hear ribs breaking (not mine this time), as he runs we see the exit wound in the right "armpit"!!

YES!!! I Thank Gaspar, in all the time and all the failures he never lost faith or tried to push a rifle on me.

26-Nov-14

The Ram runs over a saddle and we hear him roll. When we get there, it's a bad a spot as they have on the island. Steep deep and loose rock. Gaspar heads down I look for another r way and get into a fight with some cat claw bushes. We meet at the Ram! He's everything I've dreamed of, old, roman nosed, broomed, warrior!

We have to roll him down to a spot for pics and skinning.

26-Nov-14

Entry wound.

26-Nov-14

26-Nov-14

26-Nov-14
Unreal man!! Great story and great shot on ram! I love it when a person tells the hunt exactly how it happens and doesn't try to hide the "lows" of a hunt that happen a lot. You the real deal man and congrats on a once in a lifetime animal! Well deserved .

26-Nov-14

We skin and butcher him, taking our time, telling jokes. They harvest the entire animal only guts and feet were left on the mountain. I proudly carried the Trophy out!

26-Nov-14
awesome write up!! thanks for sharing.. you're a tough dude...

26-Nov-14
Congratulations! Way to hang in there...fantastic hunt and so glad you shared it!

26-Nov-14
BPM, Wow what an adventure ! Congrats on a hell of a ram.

26-Nov-14
Congratulations. ..

26-Nov-14
Congratulations Tim!

Awesome adventure!!!

26-Nov-14
Way to go Tim! I can relate to those Advil breakfasts. Beautiful ram!

26-Nov-14
Thanks much guys! One day maybe I'll have a "Normal" hunt!

Good news Doc said 4-6 weeks for cracked ribs to heal, which means I can skip work and R & R in a blind!!!

26-Nov-14
Way to go Tim! He's an awesome ram and even better adventure! Thank you sincerely for sharing your story and hunt with us. This hunt is only a dream for me and getting to follow along with the pictures and the excellent story telling is as close as I'll ever get to a Carmen Island DBHS. It's guys like you that make Bowsite great! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

26-Nov-14
Tim, congrats on an amazing ram and an amazing hunt. You sure have the persistence that it takes to be successful. Thank you for taking us along on your adventures.

26-Nov-14
WOW what a story...thanks so much for sharing it with us!

26-Nov-14
great job and great story. well done tim

26-Nov-14
Congratulations on a fine hunt! Thank you for the story.

26-Nov-14
"We head out not pushing too fast as it's really bad footing and I'm prone to falling"....what a classic comment!!

I bowhunted with BPM in Canada for Mountain Caribou. Less than one minute after we got off of the float plane, he fell while walking the 75 yards into camp....tearing his shoulder up...

He might be accident prone, but he knows how to suck it up!!!!

26-Nov-14

26-Nov-14
Another awesome hunt and write up. Thank you for sharing everything and congratulations!

26-Nov-14
Wow, what an adventure.

26-Nov-14
Congrats on a great hunt and trophy. If you care to please tell us your gear and what you think happened with the first ram as it sounded like you made a killing shot on him.

26-Nov-14
Congrats on an epic trophy!!!

26-Nov-14
Awesome story. Congratulations...

26-Nov-14
"Thanks much guys! One day maybe I'll have a "Normal" hunt!"

Congratulations on a great ram and a real adventure. When I hunted Mexico ( 2 trips with Sergio and Gaspar to get a ram) All I kept telling myself was I thought the hard part of Desert sheep hunting was paying for it. Many have no idea the "real" cost you pay to get it done. Congratulations!

26-Nov-14
BPM, thank you for sharing such a fantastic story with us. JCHB

26-Nov-14
Jim isn't that the truth! Everyone who's been to Carmen seems to have underestimated how difficult a hunt it is. They are 100% because they run such a great outfit and allow returns NOT because it's EASY!

26-Nov-14
What an awesome ram! Great story and way to hang in there. It is far from easy and hats off to you staying mentally and physically in the game! Awesome!! Congrats

26-Nov-14
WTG!!!!!!!

Love reading stories like this. Thanks for sharing.

26-Nov-14
Awesome story! Congrats!

Bake

26-Nov-14
Quite pleased to read about your return to the island and success - great work and beauty ram!

26-Nov-14
What an excellent story! Thanks for sharing and congrats on a bomber ram!

26-Nov-14
WOW

26-Nov-14
Nice job with the story & pics BPM. Congratulations on the beautiful ram.

26-Nov-14
Congratulations Tim, that's an awesome achievement.

Hope to see you at WSF or GSCO this year.

26-Nov-14
Well Tim, what a great story and hunt.

I love the pics of you packing out the ram.

Two warriors for sure.

My best, Paul

26-Nov-14
Very nice!!! Congrats!

26-Nov-14
Great story Tim...Congrats again.

26-Nov-14
That's a great story and an awesome trophy. Congrats!

26-Nov-14
Awesome adventure and thanks for the story. Congrats on a great trophy!

26-Nov-14
way to go BPM - thanks for sharing. Huge congrats, and excellent story and pictures!

26-Nov-14
Congrats Tim!

26-Nov-14
Great story and congrats on a fine trophy!!!

26-Nov-14
Congrats, Tim. Thanks for taking us along on another one of your adventures

26-Nov-14
Great story, great ram...congrats, BPM!

26-Nov-14
Congrats Tim! Great story of great hunt. A toad of a ram. Thanks for bringing us along.

"Normal" hunt.... is there such a thing?

Heal fast. Ribs are a B I itch. Hurts to breath, sneezing is an adventure. Must have been seeing colors drawing your bow.....

Advil? I save the percs from every encounter with a doctor.... usually always some in my kit. I like to think I can get off the mountain even if I have to chew my leg off first....

26-Nov-14
Congrats BPM. Awesome Thanks for sharing

Bill V.

26-Nov-14
congratulations Tim!

26-Nov-14
Thanks for posting your hunts. I always enjoy them. HUNT

26-Nov-14
Your recording of you adventure put the reader right there with you. All emotions could be felt. An epic ending to a classic hunt.

Congrats on a super nice trophy. You truly paid the price physically and mentally for this hunt. Your persistence and perseverance was rewarded and well deserved.

Thanks for sharing you adventure with the other Bowsiters.

26-Nov-14
Tim,

Once again you never fail to bring through a great bowsite story.

26-Nov-14
Awesome accomplishment-- Congrats Brother

26-Nov-14
Thanks guys!

Clutch was my "go to" guy when the hunt got difficult, he helped me keep my mind in the hunt. Thanks for the support buddy!!!!!

26-Nov-14
Congrats Tim! Great adventure and great story! Mike

26-Nov-14
Tim: Thanks for "taking us along" on your latest adventure. I will never get to Carmen Island but truly believe I know and feel what it's like because of you and others sharing their hunts! Next best thing! Thx C

26-Nov-14
Great job Tim A real sheep bowhunt

26-Nov-14
Great story, loved reading it. Congratulations.

26-Nov-14
Thanks, Tim.

That was fun for us, and well earned by you.

26-Nov-14
Great job! What was the theory on where you hit the other ram? high, maybe? Thanks for taking us along. Kevin

27-Nov-14
Awesome! Congrats!

27-Nov-14
Wow, what an amazing story! Hard to believe that the first ram vanished with that much blood and a tracking dog, wierd stuff happens sometimes.

Those pictures are absolutely fantastic, and the sheep is a doozy!

27-Nov-14

JLS,

I would love to know what happened to the first Ram. Hard quartered away with a sharp VPA, no exit, organ blood and lot's of it? It really rocked my confidence not finding that Ram. Hopefully one day a Ram is killed on the Island and they discover a Broadhead in him and I get to know what happened?? Maybe one of the Foss' will kill him!! LOL

27-Nov-14
Tim, I admire your perseverance. This is yet another hunt destined to be a Bowsite classic. Congrats on a great ram.

27-Nov-14
Was there not time to do a thread on the first hunt before leaving for the second?

27-Nov-14
Well TBM, you once posed a question on how to make $ to pay for these hunts. Most of my family was out on the first hunt, we all run the Businesses. It was catch-up time. I do love to post and read on this site but I have my priorities! Thanks for the.......Concern?

27-Nov-14
Great job Tim!!!!! Wow!

27-Nov-14
Pretty cool stuff, congrats!

27-Nov-14
I'm gonna have to look in Webster's to find a word for "perseverance" x 10 to define this hunt. Congrats man! A truly great experience deserving of an exceptional hunter and exceptional animal.

27-Nov-14
BPM,

That is a great Ram. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoy reading about your hunts.

What broadhead did you use on the ram you harvested? Any more specs on your setup would be great to.

Julius

27-Nov-14
I keep coming back to this thread to relive Tim's hunt, IT IS EPIC!!!

That last photo really shows the mass on that ram... awesome.

Congratulations again BPM!!!

27-Nov-14
Great ram thanks for posting!

27-Nov-14
Tim,

Were you able to bring any meat home?

27-Nov-14
Congratulations... what a great adventure. .. Ed F

27-Nov-14
Jake,

No meat was not brought home. We carried ALL of it off the mountain, had a little for breakfast including fried heart, yummy!

My bow was a Bowtech RPM 360 right hand 72# 29" draw, Arrows Maxima Red 350's, Broadhead (one that killed the Ram) was a Rage Hypodermic 100 grain, sight was a Stop Hogg 7 deadly pins. If I remember correctly I was shooting about 318 fps with an arrow weight =/- 380 grains.

27-Nov-14
Congrats, awesome

27-Nov-14
Huge congratulations on an incredible accomplishment! Thanks for sharing with us!

27-Nov-14
BPM,

So I am assuming that based on the track job that ended in thin air, your guide made the determination that the ram likely lived and thus offered you another crack at a sheep?

I think given the scenario you described, most experienced hunters would agree that the ram probably survived. Tracking dogs are a HUGE asset, and for me personally would make me tend to believe the shot wasn't fatal.

I still can't get over what a beautiful ram that is.

27-Nov-14
JLS,

Yes as hard as it was to swallow, they were sure the Ram lived. We searched for 3 1/2 days and not only had a dog but the birds on the Island would have given him up had he died. I'll not considered them "Soft" animals any longer.

Thanks

27-Nov-14
BPM Outstanding! The highs and lows of bowhunting what a great story of perseverance. Well done congrats!

28-Nov-14
Great story. Glad you got a second crack at one. Congrats.

28-Nov-14
Congrats! Epic hunt, great story and details, fantastic pics and lots of them, great old ram, tough hunt, tough hunter! Thx for sharing and taking us along.

To repeat what Jim in PA said- I thought too the hard part of Carmen Island Desert sheep hunting was paying for it! I had no idea the total it takes a hunter to get it done.

28-Nov-14
CONGRATULATIONS BPM!!! Way to stick with it, suck up the aches and pains, and pull off an amazing shot when the pressure is on! Awesome story and ram! Very well done!

28-Nov-14
I think I could draw my bow with a cracked rib (and enough acetaminophen).......I just don't know if I could do it without cussing like a sailor!!!

28-Nov-14
Oh Jake I cussed and winced and had a little moisture in my eye's, that before the light show started!

I wore a new pair of Meindel Ultra light boots from Cabela's for the hunt, after 13 days of hunting they are trashed! I think they are a well made boot but not for Sheep hunting.

28-Nov-14
BTW, I love your granddaughter's "Frozen" t-shirt and pink sunglasses.

28-Nov-14
Congrats Tim. That is a beautiful ram!

28-Nov-14
Great story thanks for sharing, Congrats !!

28-Nov-14
Tim,

WOW! What a story and what a great photo essay.

Well done and a HUGE congratulations!

28-Nov-14
Thanks for sharing a good adventure and congrats! You worked hard for sure...

Looking at the photos I couldn't help noticing the country looked exactly like that around Lukeville Arizona..the Organ Pipe National Monument and surrounding areas... pretty country.

Guess we better make some more election wagers so I can go.. ;)

28-Nov-14
That's a crazy story.

Grats on your ram BPM!

29-Nov-14
Congrats

30-Nov-14

Bigpizzaman's Link
I think I may have just found a different mode of transportation for my next sheep hunt?

30-Nov-14
fantastic!!!

30-Nov-14
Brings a whole new meaning to "mountain biking"...BPM, if nothing else, it would be handy to use for fence crossings! Incredible....

30-Nov-14
You saw that! Wonder if he did it in one take?

30-Nov-14
I was thinking the same thing about this may be a new way to cross a fence! Amazing footage but could you do it holding onto your bow? Somehow, I don't know why but I think walking may be easier.

30-Nov-14
Again congrats! That is a huge one to check off your list. Those are great memories.

30-Nov-14
But for Tim, walking may NOT be easier! :) (says the guy going in for knee surgery on Tuesday after getting hurt on a bear hunt...)

30-Nov-14
BPM, Congrats on a magnificent ram and adventure! You surely should be proud of that accomplishment. Thanks for sharing. I was fortunate enough to go with my cousin this fall on his DBS hunt here in Colorado....That animal lit a fire in me I didn't know I had. Congrats again!! Kip

30-Nov-14
BPM,

I forwarded that link to all of my mountain biking buddies. I felt incredibly small and mortal after watching that dude. Absolutely unbelievable.

Simply amazing to watch.

01-Dec-14
Absolutely unreal and totally incredible!

01-Dec-14
Congrats Tim. Thanks for sharing!!

01-Dec-14
Congrats again man. Truly a great accomplishment and you earned it.

01-Dec-14
What an emotional roller coaster!! Thanks for sharing Way to hang tough Tim!!

01-Dec-14
Congrats Tim!! Great story and Great ram!! Telling it like it happened!!

01-Dec-14
Great Story.. So happy for you!!!!!

01-Dec-14
What a great hunt, good job on sticking it out!

01-Dec-14
Awesome story BPM. Thanks for taking the time to share it. Congrats on a great ram!

01-Dec-14
Cool video Tim, the man has stones he has to haul around with a wheelbarrow....

At the end I'm guessing he's sitting there on an empty beach because he didn't haul the boat all the way or tie her up and it was gone when he came back....

Personally WRT the hunt, I think the copter hauling the photographer's butt all over would be a much better deal.... =D

04-Dec-14
Tom Foss has invited me down to Carmen to tag along with him and learn from the master! How cool would it be to hunt with him and be on Carmen again! Oh decisions decisions!

04-Dec-14
Really not too much of a decision! When do you leave?

04-Dec-14
Let me know when your gonna do the mountain with a bike. I always wanted to win the ten thousand dollars on Americas Funniest Videos! I'll even share part of it for your hospital expenses. Mike

04-Dec-14
Tim, You tell a good accurate story and your being there before me helped a bunch. Although I did not have to use the Thermo Cell.My respects

04-Dec-14
Missed this thread earlier, I was out of town on a hunt. Great pics and story! Congrats on the ram and really toughing it out. My hat is off to you. Beautiful ram.

I vote that you return with Mr Foss as well. I can always be counted on to be a hunt enabler.

04-Dec-14
Take your bow.....that way you can continue the tradition at Del Burachos!! Tom Foss will explain....REALLY!! At least take one of your arrows....you can use Tom's bow to "secure" it....

04-Dec-14
Congrats!!! Awesome ram!

04-Dec-14
Careful Tim.... you might become a sheepaholic.....

04-Dec-14
You need to sink an arrow in the beam at DelBurachos. You will recognize the names on several of the arrows that are already in the beam. :^)

04-Dec-14
That's an automatic go. If you can swing it.

05-Dec-14
What a great story & ram Tim! Congrats on the sheep & hats off to you for persevering on your hunt. Nothing like success on the 11th hour or would that be the 23rd hour!!??

Curious as to why you switched from the VPA broad head on the first sheep to a Rage on the second one?

Obviously you didn't consult with TBM on broad head choice;>)

31-Dec-14
Just catching up on some worthwhile looking threads... Awesome story Tim. Great photos.

01-Jan-15
WOW!!

Ramtastic

Thanks for sharing----

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

01-Jan-15
Thanks BPM! Great read and captures the ups and downs few are willing to fess up to... congrats!!

• Sitka Gear