yooper89 10-Feb-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 10-Feb-22
yooper89 10-Feb-22
MA-PAdeerslayer 10-Feb-22
Zim 06-Mar-22
09-Feb-22
Did they go out of business?

09-Feb-22
Yes, same people now run Novix Outdoors though.

10-Feb-22
So all you get is sticks and hang on stands.

10-Feb-22
I was considering the purchase of a hand climber this year. I emailed Novix right after I realized Lone Wolf was completely out of business to see if they were going to introduce one u see the new brand and have heard nothing back….

10-Feb-22
Lone wolf custom gear is run and owned by Andre and his son Cody. Andre was one of the original owners of lone wolf. Cody went to work for XOP and then him and Andre started LWCG. There’s some sort of lawsuit I believe still on going with royalties etc between lone wolf and Andre from when he sold “lone wolf” to what is now known as Novix

10-Feb-22
Having a mild panic attack. Was going to change my belts last year and didn’t. Now I haven’t been able to find a set. Just keep looking I guess.

10-Feb-22
Wow what a shame. It was the best climber/hang on stand out there. That’s all I ever used before getting property and strictly using ladder stands.

10-Feb-22
Belts and parts are going to be a problem. The best climber on the market and no longer in business. What a shame.

10-Feb-22
Lone Wolf is still in business under the name Lone Wolf Custom. From what I heard you can still get the climbers but only from a few sources as they stopped delivering to mom and pop shops. I also heard that they are coming out with a new climber but it’s going to pricey. If anyone is looking for a climber their are a bunch of new ones on EBay. The straps I’m not sure about and want some myself.

10-Feb-22
I got this explanation recently from a guy regarding lone wolf:

Its such a ridiculous story, I’ll summarize it best I can. Andrae Daquisto sold LW Tree stands in 2006ish to the company that is now Novix. He kept licensing agreements on the lone wolf name. He then created xop Treestands with similar designs that were made overseas. Then he created “lone wolf custom gear” with some outrageously priced products and it’s own customer service issues and terminated the license agreement to use the Lone Wolf name and likeness.

Well creating another “Lone Wolf” treestand company pissed off the people who bought Lone Wolf Treestands so they quit paying royalties and started moving everything over to Novix. Daquisto took them to court over not paying royalties and other quality control issues and won effective 1/22. Novix can’t use anything that says lone wolf on websites or social media. Which is why the lone wolf treestand website went MIA recently.

My Novix Echo is the same stand as my lone wolf alpha - just doesn’t have the old wolf head/bow holder in the base cast. Apparently the Daquistos are going to come out with cast stands again at some point under their direction but who knows what that’s going to look like and/or cost.

10-Feb-22
Thanks for posting the whole thing Christian. I put the short summarized version hahahaa

10-Feb-22
^^ haha I didn’t even read the thread. Saw the question and figured I’d share.

10-Feb-22
Haha. I was on my phone and was NOT trying to type the whole story haha

06-Mar-22
Yikes what drama. Just glad I got four LW hand climbers + picked up one more today on Marketplace. Three of them my favorite lightweight Assaults. I sold all my other stands. Haven’t used anything else in 15 years. Am very curious what LW products look like once Andre returns! In the meantime, I think I have enough stockpiled to get me through. As long as none get stolen.

One base has developed a crack and I’d like to get it replaced but I don’t think that’s ever gonna happen. Lol

• Sitka Gear