Bernie1 30-Apr-15
Rancher 30-Apr-15
Paul@thefort 30-Apr-15
bghunter 30-Apr-15
Bou'bound 30-Apr-15
27-Apr-15

Alabowma's embedded Photo
I had the pleasure of experiencing a Super Slammer's Trophy Room this past weekend. Many of you may recoginize these pictures. I will not post the details of this person, but he is an accomplished bow hunter. Truly, this is one of the high points of my hunting life!!!!

27-Apr-15

27-Apr-15

27-Apr-15

27-Apr-15
Can't wait to see in person some day! Awesome!

27-Apr-15
LOL! Good one Pat!

27-Apr-15
Looks like a freakin museum only better! Wow!

27-Apr-15
Very over whelming.....all bow kills...

27-Apr-15
Can I ask who it is? Truly spectacular and something that is utterly amazing. Congrats to him or her.

27-Apr-15
I have one word to contribute - WOW!!

>>>>-------->

27-Apr-15
I believe that he actually posted some photos of the gameroom on here a few ago, as it was being built.....nice to see how it all came together.....tell him that I am still waiting to collect on that Crown Royal....

27-Apr-15

27-Apr-15
Jake he did Post some! I'll drive you to his residence to collect on that Crown, just to see his trophy room!!

27-Apr-15
I remember this trophy room when the he posted it when it was being built. He has REALLY filled it out nicely! I really like the jail cell style wall safe. That is an amazing collection.

27-Apr-15
sheer volume detracts from the visual impact and quality of the mounts.

there is no way someone can look at those 37 deer in that last photo and appreciate any specific animal. it is a quality collection not a quality presentation.

27-Apr-15
I remember the "construction" posts as well. This is absolutely amazing.

27-Apr-15
I'm not going to name the person. You all can PM each other if you already know who it is....

I remember when he was working on this room from a post a few years ago.

I just happen to be friends with a family friend of his and got to have a personal tour this past weekend while I was in their home town for an event.

I think that it is one of the most impressive things I have ever seen......

It amazes me at the time it would take to clean and care for all of these mounts and to keep the room in a clean condition.

Anyway, I thought it was awesome and wanted to share.

27-Apr-15
Jeez, that taxidermy probably costs more than my house...

Josh

27-Apr-15
wow

Certainly put some taxidermist children through college!

Very impressive. Looks to be 30+ foot ceilings.... need to hire a contractor to change a lightbulb.... oh my....

It is a lot for sure. The idea I think is to take the time and appreciate it all.

A quick walk though or a snapshot I'm sure doesn't do it all justice. A few hours with a drink in my hand I'm sure I might begin to grasp it all.... =D

27-Apr-15
Thats a tremendous amount of adventure. I hope to experience just some of those amazing hunts in my life, that being said, I agree with Bou, too much going on, you can't appreciate it all.

27-Apr-15
Very nicely displayed.

27-Apr-15
His sheep are not impressive...:)

27-Apr-15
How anyone could detract from this facility is beyond me, and demonstrates the flaw of Internet communication and expression. This is the hunter's life's work. No doubt many decades worth of time and toil. It's literally awesome.

Having multiple animals of a single species in rows is often quite striking. I've seen as many as 20 whitetails in this manner, and they look incredible. They are not discounted by quantity at all IMO...they are amplified by it.

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They offer those of us yet to build our life's work a home plenty of ideas.

Also, remember.....you can't buy a wild sheep! All of them are EARNED.

27-Apr-15
Seems to me it is one person's trophy room, built to please themselves. I would think it is irrelevant if it pleases anyone else. Good thing he didn't post a photo of his wife or we would be getting snide comments about her.

28-Apr-15
Damn, he's got me beat by a couple...

28-Apr-15
You're catchin up Ike!

I'd love to see it in person. It looks incredible.

28-Apr-15
"Seems to me it is one person's trophy room, built to please themselves. I would think it is irrelevant if it pleases anyone else. Good thing he didn't post a photo of his wife or we would be getting snide comments about her."

The owner of the room did not post the photos, someone else did and gave their opinion of it. I did not realize only the original poster could provide a perspective or all perspectives had to be the same. The accomplishments repreesnted by those animals is extraordinary. the presentation of them is very cluttered and distracting in my opinion, and my opinion is as irrelevant as anyone else's is in relation to what the home ower/hunter thinks about his stuff.

28-Apr-15
I think it's great, the animals as well as the architecture. Love to hear a tale or two from the hunter while enjoying a a adult beverage as someone stated.

28-Apr-15
The critter collection is cool but I am as equally impressed with the design of the space. Also strikes me that the maid is not acrophobic. :)

28-Apr-15
Guys I was kidding.. This is an amazing room and I was hoping my sarcasm was seen with the stupid smiley face.. The sheep are the best part of this room..

28-Apr-15
Awesome! I have a buddy that has this type of collection and believe me, pics don't do it justice. Tremendous accomplishment.

28-Apr-15
Fantastic! I'd love to see that room in person!

28-Apr-15
Amazing house for sure!

28-Apr-15
Wow!! Incredible!!!

28-Apr-15
Amazing. Any chance he would adopt me?

28-Apr-15
Awesome photos. I really love the last fish mount. You don't see that everyday!

28-Apr-15
Congrats! Incredible!

Man, I have a lot of work to do!

Mark

28-Apr-15
Words cannot describe....thanks for sharing!

Very humbling to know that the hunters that killed all these animals and have built these wonderful trophy rooms and libraries of animals are at the end of the day just bowhunters like the rest of us. They're just a "little" better at it than I am! Ha!

28-Apr-15
I cant fathom the amount of work required for acquiring such a collection. Truly impressive. Hell I cant imagine the time off work, it would amount to years. Well displayed and such a array of different species from around the world.

28-Apr-15
...and I bet he won't be voting for Hillary, either! :-)

Stands...I knew exactly the intent of your comment, and thought it humorous.

Some amazing displays.

Someone has worked awfully hard at making money, and awfully hard at enjoying spending it, too.

Major congrats to them for living the American dream.

28-Apr-15
Outstanding! I love the Polar Bear room

28-Apr-15
Nice, I have always loved looking at well done taxidermy, my neck would hurt if I went there for a day.

The hanging Bluefin tuna/halibut display is definitely different. I assume the only mount where the cost of the meat would more than pay for the taxidermy (if sold). Shug, do you know if those bluefin are fiberglass replicas or skin mounts?

28-Apr-15
Guys thanks for the comments on my trophy room. Oh, Just woke up! Ha!

28-Apr-15
Abso-frickin'-lutely EPIC!!

Thanks a million for sharing...

Now all we need is a numbered guide to the photos for each of the trophies with the full 'there I was...' stories...

28-Apr-15
4 Polar Bears!!!! WOW! 1 down 3 to go!!!

28-Apr-15
Awesome !

28-Apr-15
I should have listening to my parents and become a trauma surgeon. And that's just the trophy room (!), I'd love to see to entire house!

28-Apr-15
writer...thank you...glad someone has a sense of humor!

28-Apr-15
Man that is awesome

28-Apr-15
First thing that comes to my mind is, I wonder what he does for work. As has been mentioned, lots of time and money.

I also have to wonder, whether most were guided or not. Not that it detracts very much, but if this were all do it yourself hunts, it would make it that much more amazing.

28-Apr-15
Wow. Some very impressive displays. Am sure a lot of wonderful stories that can be told about those hunts. Seems like a few bumps in the road arise on any challenging hunt so the stories would go on for hours and I would love every minute of it. Bravo.

28-Apr-15
Shame the owner's Bowsite Handles aren't known to all. ( What, the rest of us are not worthy ? )

Great photos, and trophys, and rooms.

Minus a couple of semi truck load of taxidermy mounts, and about 26 species of North American Big Game Animals, it reminds me of my trophy room.

;^)

28-Apr-15
Makes a taxidermist smile!! That is truly a great collection of memories.

28-Apr-15
wow.. I never saw a room where a moose doesnt take up the entire wall, much less 2 or 3 and throw in some buffalo..... That is one beautiful trophy room...

28-Apr-15
Thanks for sharing, just amazing!!

28-Apr-15
Beautiful displays.

ToddT, I don't know where those guys live, but I'm guessing a large percentage of their kills are guided/outfitted. Most are just not feasible to diy. If you reside in the lower 48, only about 8 of the NA29 species are readily accessible to hunt by DIY.

Whitetail Deer
American Elk
Pronghorn
Black Bear
Mule Deer
Columbian Blacktail Deer
Sitka Blacktail Deer
Coues' Deer

Another 11 of species you MIGHT get a chance to hunt DIY as a lower-48'er. But it's much tougher for various reasons. Either because the scant few tags are so hard to draw, or because of where the animals live, or various other reasons. Like for example, most of us don't keep a pack of lion hounds. Chances for DIY on a few of these are better if you live in the west.

Mountain Lion
Roosevelt Elk
Tule Elk
Rocky Mountain Goat
Alaska/Yukon Moose
Canada Moose
Shiras' Moose
Bighorn Sheep
Desert Bighorn Sheep
Barren Ground Caribou
Bison

The other 10 species generally won't be hunted by lower 48'ers at all unless outfitted and/or guided. In most cases because the law requires it.

Alaska Brown Bear
Grizzly Bear
Polar Bear
Central Canada Barren Ground Caribou
Mountain Caribou
Quebec/Labrador Caribou
Woodland Caribou
Muskox
Dall's Sheep
Stone's Sheep

Regardless the portion of DIY or guided, what these bowhunters have done is an incredible accomplishment.

28-Apr-15

wild1's Link
I hope I'm not being insensitive or inappropriate, but the topic was posted, here on the very public Bowsite, by the owner. If it's wrong to do so, someone (Pat or Charlie) will delete it.

29-Apr-15
I cant stop looking at this thread, the two trophy museums, I mean rooms are simple amazing. I cant even imagine the stories that can be told while acquiring them!

29-Apr-15
I just love these rooms, It just floors me I have over a hundred mounts in my trophy room that has taken me 20 years to fill thats like 3 or 4 hunts a year and many not successful , The time spent in the field for theses guys is just unreal its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29-Apr-15
I'm wondering how close he is to a second archery NA29?

29-Apr-15
Very impressive!

29-Apr-15
Very nicely done! Super to be able to capture a lifetime of memories!

On a side note the typical detractors on here are getting more than tedious ....

29-Apr-15
Imagine my surprise when I opened this thread! Thank you for the kind comments. If any of you are in the neighborhood I would be happy to share a drink and a few stories. And Jake I have that Crown waiting on you.

29-Apr-15
Dr. Bland...I hope it's ok if I posted these photos on here. Let me know if you want me to remove the thread. Thanks again for your time last weekend. It was truly one of the best days of my hunting life!! Thanks again.

29-Apr-15
Great use of space in the first room! I really like the levels, bet it is breathtaking from the top looking down!

29-Apr-15
Lucas the top level is where I have my archery shop, my shooting range and my gym. The idea being that I can get motivated by having a great view.

29-Apr-15
Thats awesome. What I envy even more than the trophies is the memories he has to have of the hunts. I hope he has grandkids to share the stories with.

30-Apr-15
Richie, I sent you a PM a couple days ago. I see where you went with railing versus a cable. In the earlier thread you talked about a cable. I think the railing looks awesome. Probably safer for little people too. Lol. Unbelievable display. Congrats!

30-Apr-15
Dr. Bland, simply amazing, words cant describe how cool your house/trophy room is. Out of all those memories and mounts, does one of them stand out the most from the others?

30-Apr-15
Rayzor my first grandchild is 3 months old today. And yes we already have pictures of her wearing camo! Ned, you are correct I was having trouble getting the cabling through codes, so went with fairly thin vertical railing which has worked wonderfully. As far as which memories are the most special--a few stand out. My first whitetail buck when i was 11 years old. My Stone sheep which took 4 trips and i was convinced was never going to happen. The desert bighorn completed my NA29 and probably created more emotions than any other.

30-Apr-15
He lives!!

Richie,

I thought that you had fallen off of the planet!!

30-Apr-15
Richie, Awesome display of mounts! Tremendous accomplishment!

But I think Richie should be barred from hunting and be required to redistributed his future hunts to the rest of us less fortunate bowsiters so we can have the same wonderful experiences. We have social justice and wealth redistribution moving in full force with King Obama. I here and now call for bowsite justice!! HAHA!

Bou, I swear man, you are a negative nelly most of the time...try to find some joy in life dude.

30-Apr-15
Awesome trophy room pics,thank you for sharing..

30-Apr-15
I just showed my wife these pictures and she stated,

" What is his wife going to do with all of those mounts when he kicks the bucket?"

Yep! An incredible accomplishment for sure. Can not imagine the time and effort it took.

My best, Paul

30-Apr-15
Thank you for sharing great accomplishment and something to be proud of, which I am sure you are. I love looking at photos of these great trophy rooms that rival most museums.

30-Apr-15

Bou'bound's Link
ah those rooms are nothing compared to this video of Rick Duggans (first slammer with traditional equipment). his room has rain, snow falling, thunder, lightening effects, running water, and multiple diaoramas by continent. a flip of the switch sets off a fog bank, a lightning storem, or a blizzard. some of the mounts are mechanical and the bear charges, the buffalo bucks, the beaver slaps it's tail.

• Sitka Gear