LKH 05-Jan-09
Shuteye 05-Jan-09
NYbob 05-Jan-09
The Banker 05-Jan-09
LKH 05-Jan-09
The Banker 05-Jan-09
Shuteye 06-Jan-09
04-Jan-09
I have an Ameristep Intimidator blind and I like the Shoot-Thru mesh. The material stretches so it stays tight. Better yet the material is not only soft but it opens up slightly larger than the cuts made by the broadhead leaving more room for the vanes to pass. Anyone know where this type netting can be purchased (bulk)? I want to use it on box blinds and the replacement windows from Ameristep will be a waist.

04-Jan-09
I contacted Double Bull and they sold me some a number of years back. Hardly ever use the blind since I "bore out" after a few hours and its really just shooting. Not much hunting involved.

04-Jan-09
WalMart used to sell it haven't looked for it in a while but I bet its still on their shelves during hunting season.

04-Jan-09
Actually, I have not need the mesh when hunting. Leave the windows when you are not HUNTING and the deer get used to the blind that way.

Shall we start the popcorn?

04-Jan-09
Sitting over a waterhole or bait just doesn't appeal to me.

I went to Africa, sat over water and shot a few critters. Just lacked any feeling that I had done anything except shoot.

I think its why I am happy with much less of a trophy than would be possible if I did so. For me its the hunt.

I'm not telling you how to feel or what to do. Blinds are legal and how you go about it is your business. It just doesn't appeal to me.

04-Jan-09
My question was not asking for you to explain your choice of hunting style or tell how easy you bore yourself. If you can't respond to the specifics of a question - why bother subjecting others to unrelated personal views. Actually never mind the question - I'm sure I can guess the motive.

05-Jan-09
banker, I answered your question. Contact Double bull. They will sell you the netting. Actually, never mind. Go back and read my response.

05-Jan-09
I bought a roll of the camo mesh from Wal-Mart several years ago. The whole roll was less than $15, looked identical to what was on my Double Bull and there was enought material on the roll to wrap completly around the blind. I gave enough to a friend to do complete window covering for his two Double Bulls.

05-Jan-09
I also got mine a couple of years ago ay Walmart, I did'nt use it for replacement, I stretched it over my paper tuning rack to test diferent broadheads through it.

05-Jan-09
I previously spoke to Dbl Bull (now Primos) and I have seen the mesh at Wal-Mart and neither material stretches like the material used by Ameristep! The difference in strech is like comparing burlap to spandex.

05-Jan-09
I'm not too sure why you want it to stretch?

Seems like if it was stretched (under tension) it would affect the arrow flight when you shoot thru it. I know the double bull stuff doesn't, but have no experience w/the Ameristep.

05-Jan-09
............ it opens up slightly larger than the cuts made by the broadhead leaving more room for the vanes to pass. If it affects arrow flight it must be a good affect. The biggest problem is having a larger hole to patch.

06-Jan-09
"biggest problem is having a larger hole to patch."

Who patches, I just keep on shooting until I replace the whole mesh. The first deer I shot through the mesh of my double bull was a few years ago but I remember it like it was yesterday. I shot and the deer took off. I was sitting there wondering if I had hit the deer or not. Then I started looking for where the arrow had gone through the mesh. I couldn't find any hole. It took some real close inspection to find some very tiny slits in the mesh. It didn't look like it was possible for a Jak-Hammer and my vanes to have passed through those tiny slits. The deer was only a few yards away, dead, in the thicket. Perfect double lung shot. I shot nine more deer through that same window before replacing the mesh. It was getting some holes by then but I shot several before you could even notice any damage.

• Sitka Gear