Bowman 25-Dec-09
16-Dec-09

camo's embedded Photo
camo's embedded Photo
WOW

16-Dec-09
yikes!

16-Dec-09
At home that buck would have been easy to find. He'd take out 3 rows of corn everytime he walked into the field???

Wow.

16-Dec-09
holy jeepers, can it possibly be real? That has to be the widest deer ever killed.

16-Dec-09
I heard it was shot in IL 44" inside

16-Dec-09
droopy ears....

16-Dec-09
looks fake

16-Dec-09
3...2...1... Here we go again.....

16-Dec-09
Great deer and here's a pat on the back -

Why is it that everytime someone gets a great buck someone else starts the "I don't believe it" posts?

16-Dec-09
thesquid, I am always leary when its only a pic and a blury one to boot with no details..... how many of those have we seen on here? :)

Give me any detail or even some minor ones and I am all for a congrats to the hunter...but a blury pic with no details...suspect.

Awesome deer and the hunter deserves major kudos.

16-Dec-09
It's a nice deer, but I have passed three about his size so far this season! HA, yeah right, i would not know what to do if he walked by me!

16-Dec-09
The bucks left side looks as phoney as a 3 dollar bill.

If I'm wrong I apologize.

16-Dec-09
Would really like to know the true story on this guy...

16-Dec-09
Badlander--good one!

Thesquid, the reason a lot of folks react with a grain of salt when these types of posts (or such e-mails) crop up is because many times they turn out to be high-fence, pen-raised animals. NOT SAYING that's what this one is, but just had an e-mail of a HUGE-bodied, giant buck sent me recently with the usual vagueness. And sure enough, that photo came from a high-fence, canned hunt.

If it's a fair chase hunt, my sincere congrats to the hunter. If it's a canned hunt, what a dumb way to spend one's money and what a shame.

17-Dec-09
I need some of that glue.....:)

Seriously,one heck of a deer.

17-Dec-09
Wow, I am getting attacked for giving an opinion. If you would look at other threads I have posted on, I am always giving congrats and atta boys. I am sorry if this looks fake to me.

17-Dec-09
I'll put $10 dollars on it being fake right here, right now. (proof required ... either way.)

Any takers?

The Old Sarge

17-Dec-09

guidermd's embedded Photo
guidermd's embedded Photo
i'll double the sarge's offer and ad $10 to it for any takers. i say its a fake too. nobody shoots a deer like that and only shows a picture in the back of a pickup truck. and its never the pserson that shot it, its always someone on the net who doesn't even know the real hunter, just found the pic floating around and posted it. what a beast, real or not, its a beast, but can't say its real or not. post the state of kill, hunter's name, tag number, place of kill, date, etc, etc. all the same info that the state requires when someone claims to kill a deer and make it publicly known. this deer is alot bigger, a friend of my uncle's neighbor's cousin's sister got it yesterday and mistook it for a doe.

17-Dec-09
I'll add a vague 3rd person account of this? deer for what it's worth.

I hunted in southern Illinois (White County)this past November. I took my deer to a processor in Mount Vernon, Indiana, just across the river from Illinois. I was talking to the owner about deer hunting and he showed me a picture he had on the wall of a deer that had been brought in. It looks like the same picture, although I don't remember it being in the back of a truck but I was mostly staring at the horns. You have to back your truck up to the opening of his garage so that matches some details in the picture. I was raving to my hunting buddies about the picture and how the horns went straight out and was very symetrical. He said it had a 28" spread and their quick scoring of it was in the 180's if I remember correctly. It was the owner's best friend and the guy was worried about leaving it in his garage so they caped it and he took it home.

Now, it will probably come out that this pic is not real and my 3rd person account will sound naive but when I opened up this thread and saw the picture, I immediately said "that's the same deer pic I saw!".

17-Dec-09

17-Dec-09

badlander's embedded Photo
badlander's embedded Photo
I wonder why nobody is ever accused of photo shopping a small buck?

I didnt get a buck with my bow this year, but I shot this spike with my rifle.

17-Dec-09

Rex Featherlin's Link
Jason Zieren’s 10-pointer. you can read about it at the link

17-Dec-09
Well OK then...

17-Dec-09
badlander, are you sure you did not photoshop that spiker, the body looks way too big for a spike!!!!!!!!!!! HeHeHe

17-Dec-09
Sorry I questioned it, Congrats to the hunter Jason Zieren, that is an awesome buck.

And holy crap for the others listed......

17-Dec-09
Yea thats photoshopped! Look at the way his ears hang and the goofy lookin grin with that silly lookin hat! If I was goin to photoshop one I would have done a better job! Why look how gray his face is and only spikes??? Come on guys! Mike

17-Dec-09
wow...that corn in illinois sure grows some monsters!

17-Dec-09
Well now, that wasn't so hard! Thanks for the link and the background info validating the deer that started the thread.

BTW...Badlander totally photoshopped that deer. You can clearly see it has no testicles and is a doe!!!!!

17-Dec-09
HA HA HA HA HA.....did you see the one from Ohio???

17-Dec-09
That would be a nice buck in a year or two!

17-Dec-09
I cant believe that all of you guys would doubt my story? How much proof do I have to give you guys???

Its a N. Minnesota deer, even our spikes have pretty big bodys?

As for the goofy hat and grin, my mother may not have raised any smart kids, but she didnt raise any good lookin ones either! Gotta work with what the good lord gave ya!

17-Dec-09

Gundy's embedded Photo
Gundy's embedded Photo

17-Dec-09
Good one Gundy. LOL

17-Dec-09
Oh my God! Are there any jobs in Illinois? I gotta move there! The racks on that link make what we shoot here in Ontario look like fawns.

17-Dec-09
Now Gundy, that pic will get posted a few years from now in a thread about the good lookin guy in MN who shot this really unique spike. That will lead to this enitre thread starting over again in a couple of years!

Then, someone will call me a liar for posting a questionably photo shopped buck of apparently unspecified gender!!!!

17-Dec-09

bumpinblaze4x4's Link
That buck is very real; see the link attached for that buck and more bruisers from good ol' Illinois this season.

18-Dec-09
Wow, the bucks on that link are just unreal!!!

18-Dec-09
I stand corrected,that is an unreal buck Congrats to the lucky hunter!

18-Dec-09

Crusty's embedded Photo
Crusty's embedded Photo
Guess this one is worked over too?

20-Dec-09
Rex, Did you get your $10 a piece from the ol sarge and guidermd yet..? I think you provided the information that they needed to pay $10 for proof of legal fair chase harvest. Better PM them your addy.

21-Dec-09
Roger J, I didn't offer $10 for information. I offered a wager ... with proof either way required to win. Nobody took up my offer. Still haven't ...

21-Dec-09
so for ten dollars they need to steal the rack and drive it to your house........

21-Dec-09
Not what I said. What's with you guys?!

I said nobody took the bet.

21-Dec-09
Just got a paper called the Brown County Press (Ohio). It shows a buck that a 14 year old boy killed near Sardinia, Ohio on December 6,2009. He has 10 points and a 26 inch inside spread. He looks like the buck above, the first picture,but his tines aren't as long.

21-Dec-09
i haven't seen an ounce of proof on anything yet. that's ok, i didn't expect anything. usually once a pictures surfaces, that's about the end of it. who's the hunter, where did her kill if, and somebody somewhere must know about it. if someone really shot it, what state and county? law says you gotta check them in, so why is it so hard to find info on it?

21-Dec-09
I think I would pass that deer up too, cause the one behind it must be a monster!!

22-Dec-09
Guidermd, The hunter was Jason Zieren, White County, Illinois, November 20, 2009. Read the link in my earlier post.

25-Dec-09

Bowman's embedded Photo
Bowman's embedded Photo
Here is a scan of the newspaper.

25-Dec-09

Bowman's embedded Photo
Bowman's embedded Photo
Here is the rotated scan, sorry.

• Sitka Gear