TurkeyBowMaster 30-Oct-13
Mule Power 30-Oct-13
22-Oct-13
3:23 PM LIVE from Al*

TurkeyBowMaster's MOBILE embedded Photo

Be gental, its my first time.

22-Oct-13
You're braver than me TBM. I'm sittin' in a bow blind waitin' on some swine myself. Good luck to you !

22-Oct-13
You got your spiders in a jar ready to roll TBM??

22-Oct-13
3:43 PM LIVE from Al*
We got plenty or pigs. My dad killed a huge boar a couple days ago. Not a lot of hog sign where I am today...saving the good spots for the boys. They are shooting good this year and I hope both canarrow something...we need the meat.

22-Oct-13
3:49 PM LIVE from Al*
I am sure spiders are out and about cause it ain't cold here yet...got popped by a yellow jacket in the 4 head so now its a 5 head. Sucker must a been on roids. Felt like a pellet rifle pumped 3 times.

22-Oct-13
If you kill post a pic. Good luck

22-Oct-13
4:00 PM LIVE from Al*

Unbelievably how green it still is...this dogwoods blooms look like their fixin to pop. Makes me think about them old gobblers. Not yet . We got a freezer to fill with venison first.

22-Oct-13
4:09 PM LIVE from Al*

Unbelievably how green it still is...this dogwoods blooms look like their fixin to pop. Makes me think about them old gobblers. Not yet . We got a freezer to fill with venison first.

22-Oct-13
Post a pic of your "5 head"! Good luck Stevo, this should be entertaining!

22-Oct-13
You can say that again.

22-Oct-13
Good Luck TBM, Keep your stick on the ice. We're pulling for ya.

22-Oct-13
good luck TBM shoot straight

22-Oct-13
4:44 PM LIVE from Al*
Sitting the same stand my youngest son and I sat on Saturday. We saw 2 then but got busted by each. They came in seperate from opposite directions and Ihave a solid wind for one of them. Just hunting a ladder stand and really ddon't have my groove on yet. Can't believe seasons been in a week and I am just know hunting. I normally drop my bow out of a tree once before things start clicking... Fronts going to move in before the end of the week and going to get rite by Friday. I need some meat bad..the wife bought beef the other day...that stuff has gotten outragious. Last I remember it was $1.25 pound.

22-Oct-13
If TBM shoots a spike what is that equivalent to in Illinois?

22-Oct-13
5:13 PM LIVE from Al*
Spotted one out about 100 yards and I think it should close in...still got about 30 minutes

22-Oct-13
5:20 PM LIVE from Al*
48 and closing

22-Oct-13
Good luck. Make it happen!

22-Oct-13
5:31 PM LIVE from Al*

Crap

22-Oct-13
7:02 PM LIVE from Al*

Hamblaster do it one more time

22-Oct-13
Folks that shoot deer like that will never hunt with me.

How can you be proud of something like that?

Russell

22-Oct-13
why am I not surprised?

22-Oct-13
7:31 PM LIVE from Al*
It went 50 yards...HDYLMK

22-Oct-13
7:38 PM LIVE from Al*

My scent controll system included hydrolic fluid, chain saw oil and fumes from saw and diesel fumes from tractor and bobcat and grease as shown by my hary arms.

22-Oct-13
HDYLMK bout killed me. Nice job getting the meat. If you like that shot and it only went 50 yards I dont see the issue. Probably a low percentage shot but worked. TBM wouldn't troll Bowsite.

22-Oct-13
8:13 PM LIVE from Al*

Appx angle of the shot. Sever 1/4 away. Shot right a bit from where I aimed. Lac of penetration has me wondering what I will find inside. My head Simmons is in there as I unsctewed it

22-Oct-13
ah yes, the infamous "hamblaster"... Congratulations on your harvest, enjoy the meat.

22-Oct-13
Good job TBM ! Meat in the freezer can't be beat. Had broiled backstrap tonite off the doe I killed acouple weeks ago. I wanted to be a " ham blaster " tonite but my hams didn't show. I got some pretty spotted ones on cam about three times in daylite last week, when I was WORKIN'?

22-Oct-13
poor doe has ticks in her hoo" Haa"

22-Oct-13
Lol!

Good job

22-Oct-13
9:00 PM LIVE from Al*

The heads that cover up for poorshooting and bad decisions...Simmons is one of them. The bleeder I modified performed flawlessly...cut a big hole then folded on the heavy bone and allowed the main blade to penetrate further on and hit something good. I will do a snuffer vrs Simmons thread and report my findings. Simmons won out tonight.

22-Oct-13
Way to go TBM. congrats. I think I will pass on the hamblaster shot. lmfao

22-Oct-13
Also can not see why you would not gut that deer where it died?

22-Oct-13
Unethical shot. If intentional, unethical hunter. It's really that simple.

22-Oct-13
9:12 PM LIVE from Al*
Didn't gut cause I can curl 50 pound dumbells and she weighed around 100...I just curled her up on the tailgate. Besides, I didn't want to cool her down too soon or she would have been tough.

22-Oct-13
Lol!

Good job

22-Oct-13
TBM........congrats, but...do you use a brick to sharpen your broadheads??

22-Oct-13
9:39 PM LIVE from Al*
I been up since 3 am, went to the gym then cooked breakfast, 30 minute nap before heading to my 2nd job helping my dad in the woods and then went from there hunting and just got done skinning my deer a bit ago. I will try and tell the rest of the story tomorrow as how the whole hunt transpired. Nite.

22-Oct-13
Results! I love those that produce results! Congrats buddy!

23-Oct-13
Lmao wtf

23-Oct-13
TBM, from one venison eater to another, I am stoked for you! I don't like buying beef either! Waste of $ and not as tasty! And who's tasted the meat they've killed with their own hand that wants to buy some that they haven't?

I can't take that shot man, but I'm glad your hairy ass has a deer to eat.

You are a redneck man. You are a redneck. My yuppie ass would share a hunt camp with you, but you are a friggen redneck.

Grats on your deer! Enjoy!

23-Oct-13
I have shot two deer in the butt. Both by accident. One went 30 yards and "I never saw so much blood" as I hit the ephemeral artery. She bolted forward right when I released my arrow.

The next one I shot in the butt I found the next morning after a hard rain that night. He ran about a hundred yards with the arrow still in him. I can't say I had good enough blood to follow him that same night. I don't have any idea what happened, as to why I hit him in the hind quarter. Just blew the shot I guess. I was aiming for lungs both times at broadsided deer.

23-Oct-13
Shot an antelope square in the ham once....it jumped the string. I'll figure out how to post the pic my brother took of her store in flight hasn't even returned from paradox yet and she had behind her already.....cool pic! Could've been a bad deal but she dropped within 30 yards...blood everywhere. I got very lucky and would never take the shot on purpose. If I remember I was shooting a #57 Kelley one piece longbow and ave standards 200 up front 525 grains total.....had to chisel the had out off the hip bone sharpened it and it was good to go! Great time tested heads! Good luck to all and may all shots be true! Cheers

23-Oct-13
Shot an antelope square in the ham once....it jumped the string. I'll figure out how to post the pic my brother took of her store in flight hasn't even returned from paradox yet and she had behind her already.....cool pic! Could've been a bad deal but she dropped within 30 yards...blood everywhere. I got very lucky and would never take the shot on purpose. If I remember I was shooting a #57 Kelley one piece longbow and ave standards 200 up front 525 grains total.....had to chisel the had out off the hip bone sharpened it and it was good to go! Great time tested heads! Good luck to all and may all shots be true! Cheers

23-Oct-13
Funny, as I was reading this from the beginning, I said to myself, he's doing a pretty good job with the mobile live hunt, but then he didn't disappoint as usual. To all of you decent boys in Alabama, my condolences to you. This guy does not do you any justice.

23-Oct-13
Maybe Hunt man or Nick want to chime in. Seems like TBM is at it again. I thought he was doing a good live hunt and I am not a fan of them (live hunts). But as we can see, all good things come to an end. JJ

23-Oct-13
5:15 AM LIVE from Al*
I been up since 3 am, went to the gym then cooked breakfast, 30 minute nap before heading to my 2nd job helping my dad in the woods and then went from there hunting and just got done skinning my deer a bit ago. I will try and tell the rest of the story tomorrow as how the whole hunt transpired. Nite.

23-Oct-13
Hey TBM, congrats on the doe, glad you filled the freezer and told it like it was. Not everyone hunts the same and your way was effective.

23-Oct-13
Ah... the ol Alabama Hamblaster.

Sounds like a pro wrestling move.

Glad you got some meat, don't what else to say... just sayin'!

23-Oct-13
If you were aiming at the lung area, congrats and glad you recovered the deer. If you purposely aimed at the butt, shame on you.

Russell

23-Oct-13
6:30 AM LIVE from Al*
Up early this am...got to go look around for the other one. Made a bad hit on it...not very promising or I would never have waited all night.

23-Oct-13
Good luck on the recovery.

Russell

23-Oct-13
Oh Jeez!! LMAO!! Good luck out there... Just how many did you hit before you got that one? :-) Jay

23-Oct-13
Congrats and good luck on recovery. Keep us posted

23-Oct-13
I've hit two in the ham...one made it 200 yards, the other barely 20 feet.

Neither ducked the string. The string didn't hit my jacket. The deer didn't take-off with rocket boosters. There was no Earth quake. The bucks didn't suddenly turn inside-out. A rattleheaded coppersnake did not climb up in the stand, and bite me just as I was releasing the string.

But I got lucky I hit the hams instead of a tad further forward.

23-Oct-13
I remember him typing that he knows where the arrow will hit before he releases. Oops!

23-Oct-13

23-Oct-13
interesting, no mention of the other deer last night with all his posts.

I am taking bets:

A. He tracked it 1 mile using tracking ants and found it in a river, not a great shot hit it in the guts but caught a lung and if it were not a Simmons head, well I would have just not found er.

B. Hit the deer in the head, found it running in circles in a field and had to put er down for good with a texas heart shot.

C. Deer was last seen running down a RR track with an arrow still in its shoulder and a white flag hung from the arra

D. TBM never returns to report any of the above and disappears like Storm Rider into the sunset

23-Oct-13
joehunter8301,

You got your spiders in a jar ready to roll TBM?? Funniest post on Bowsite!

No use for the piss bugs TBM?

23-Oct-13
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder if Hunt man thinks this is funny? JJ

23-Oct-13
TBM- It is guys like yourself and BB that keep me coming back to this site. Don't let these naysayers get to you. I I never took quartering 2 shots until reading BB posts on how effective they are and now they are one of my favorite shots. I think after people start trying the hamblaster shot they will see just how deadly it is. I know I can't wait to try it out because with all the shot angles I am learning I don't think there is any angle I can't shoot a deer. I will even go so far to bet that the naysayers haven't even tried the hamblaster shot.

23-Oct-13
11:14 AM LIVE from Al*

Small amount of hair, curled tip, no blood. The arrow may have hit a hard log on the other side of the deer . Dark hair looks like brisket.

23-Oct-13
TBM - I was raised pretty close to the "head of the crick" but cannot hold a light for you buddy. You are a piece of work - Turk ! :-))) LMAO with your post, not sure if I would have enough hair on my arms to publicize such a shot. . . or two . ...

Way to whack em and stack em! GH

23-Oct-13
12:06 PM LIVE from Al*

Where the arrow intered the cavity on the inside. I think I hit the pullmynairy artery

23-Oct-13
TBM definitely needs his own tv show.

23-Oct-13
Staring the one and only TBM, a Legend in his own mind! JJ

23-Oct-13
12:27 PM LIVE from Al*

No redneck here...rednecks would hang her up with the extension cord.

23-Oct-13
Just to set everyone at ease TBM does NOT home school his kids!

23-Oct-13
Do we need to bring the "ham shot" thread up again?

I remember a lot of whiners in that one even with ham shots having roughly a 90% recovery rate.

23-Oct-13
12:38 PM LIVE from Al*
No redneck here...rednecks would hang her up with the extension cord.

23-Oct-13
Crabtree, ur killing me! JJ

23-Oct-13
12:52 PM LIVE from Al*

On the other hand...you might be a redneck if Dewalt is a meat progressing tool.

23-Oct-13
I use a Makita, myself. ;-)

23-Oct-13
Ryobi down here in L.A.

23-Oct-13
based on the amount of responses, I would say this is quite possibly one of the most entertaining live hunts of all time.....and it certainly never got boring.

23-Oct-13
TBM,

You should ask JJ how many animals he's killed with a bow so far this year... Even the playing field a bit.

23-Oct-13
1:55 PM LIVE from Al*

Scotch is superior to Duck.

23-Oct-13
Among other things on this thread, I am intrigued by the electric hoist that the deer is hanging from.

Where did you get it and do you like it??

23-Oct-13
Way to go TBM. I personally love your entertainment. You definitely have some that love stalking your every post. I do like how you simply ignore them. I hope you do more of these live hunts.

23-Oct-13
2:20 PM LIVE from Al*

Due to the angle, the Simmons main blade cut a 3" slit in the pelvic bone which is the thickness of a rib but a lot more dense. The bone clamped tight around the arrow shaft compounding the problem. Still got enough to get the job done. I think if I could use a more brittle bleeder and a heavy, yet small diameter arrow shaft I would get twice the penetration on hits like this...which don't come too often but you have to prepare for everything.

23-Oct-13
None. Haven't even gone, dought I will either.

How's that Nick.......... Just ask. JJ

23-Oct-13
2:40 PM LIVE from Al*
Nick I ain't bummed by old milkcowcommode...I just keep bringing it. The winch came from Northern Tool...I love it. I had an I bolt anchored in the slab of by other shopand tied a rope from it to the hide and winched the hide off...neck down worked better with that method.

23-Oct-13
Keep bringing it. Threads are funny and refreshing which is a nice thing to see, compared to some of them around here.

23-Oct-13
I'm trying to decipher your 6:30 a.m. post. Did you hit two deer or just one? Btw, I generally never read live hunts, but just had to read yours.

23-Oct-13
I'm still waiting to hear about the second deer myself..................... this is hilarious!

23-Oct-13
4:53 PM LIVE from Al*

I don't get mad....Ivey ahead. Thisone ended up in the freezer firming up hamburger chunks...I'd say he readyfor the grinder.

23-Oct-13
5:23 PM LIVE from Al*

At least I can't see all the bottom....feels good. Some of it didn't make it to the deep freeze.

23-Oct-13
What is up with the yellow jackets making cameo's

23-Oct-13
5:41 PM LIVE from Al*

Been going 90 mph with my hair on fire trying to get everything caught up so I can start hunting every day like normal folks. Nifes are clean up and ready for another. Found the Browning at Pete's, Brushy Hills ranch about 15 year ago at a gate, open and run over. Bent but it fits my hand better that way. Might have been a bowsiters... Who nows.

23-Oct-13
Isn't the shiney side of the freezer paper supposed to be on the inside?

23-Oct-13
6:03 PM LIVE from Al*
Shiny side out or in...I forgit?

23-Oct-13
TBM, you're the Miley Cyrus of the bowhunting world......everyone bashes you, but they can't stop tuning in...well done.

23-Oct-13
I ain't over the pullmynairy artery yet. My wife thinks I'm goin' off the deep end ! She may be right.

23-Oct-13
TBM - I am not judging or hating at all but slightly confused. Did you aim for the hindquarter or miss the spot? I'll be first to admit I have missed my mark before and a deer on the ground is a deer on the ground! Just curious about shot placement.

23-Oct-13
8:10 PM LIVE from Al*
Its kind of hard keeping up with a live hunt, especially when you shoot 2, have to process one and go back and look for the other. I will answer a few questions and fill in some voids. The first deer was the one I miss, or almost missed. I either hit him in the leg and the legbone bent the tip of the snuffer or it nicked the deer and hit the old hard log behind the deer. Anyway, there was not any blood and I had a good mark on where the deer went. After that I stayed in the stand until right at dark and began to let my bow down a bit early in orrder to be able to find my arrow and look for blood. Just before my bow was down I saw a deer coming in fast. I raised my bow up fast and somehow remained undected, and was unhooking with the deer at 5 yards. The deer moved on as I was nocking up and I had to make some noise to get it to stop, 10 yards and hard, really hard quartering away but at the sound bent around and looked up. I didn't have my contacts in so in the low light I couldn't see my pins so I just centered the vitals which were at that angle just in front of the ham and behind the last rib. The arrow was off a bit and hit high in the forward part of the ham and entered the body at the fartherst back part of thesweet meat. I guess iI hit that artery. I got excited on both deer, buy my shooting was like making one off 2 free throws and one of the glass without calling glass, or in this case I guess you could leave off the gl.

23-Oct-13
I'm enjoying this thread. Reminds me of Jeff Foxworthy. Way to go TBM!!!

23-Oct-13
this thread - is one for the ages... If there is a Bowsite Hall of Fame, this should be in the annals...

23-Oct-13
I have to hand it to you TBM, this is the most interesting live hunt thread I've ever read! Nice work!!

24-Oct-13
Oh boy...I just had a terrible thought. Used the Dewalt last on my bathroom remodeling job cutting through sewer pipe....I need to unremember that.

24-Oct-13
TBM, do you do any seminars at hunting shows?

That would be one to attend!

24-Oct-13
I have this strange feeling that TBM is really Bunney Hunter, all growed up. Got a oppomsum?

24-Oct-13
Oh boy...I just had a terrible thought. Used the Dewalt last on my bathroom remodeling job cutting through sewer pipe....I need to unremember that.

This one is for the ages, a classic!

24-Oct-13
You have to admit though.. One of the most exciting MOBILE LIVE HUNTS ever.. It even had a beginning and end!

24-Oct-13
"this thread - is one for the ages... If there is a Bowsite Hall of Fame, this should be in the annals... "

Given the shot placement, maybe the Bowsite anals instead of annals...

24-Oct-13
Thanks for the follow-up with the missing details. Keep at it. I want to see you shoot a buck and then post the score. They have meat too, so you should be able to add that to the freezer. Plenty of hocks and joint juice on a good buck as well.

I'd imagine the spiders are pretty disinterested when you hit one in the leg, so they would be of no use. That stinks. Oh well, she's probably still out there and you might be able to stick her again. Sounds like your having a good time while grocery shopping. Good luck.

24-Oct-13
Ya need to come up with a catchy title for your video, something like "Hail Mary"

24-Oct-13
Congrats TBM, you probably have the record for numbers of posts for a live hunt from Alabama.

And Rancid, I think that disappearing into the sunset is wishfull thinking on your part, this boy is just getting started !

24-Oct-13
Reading TBM posts at first... I thought "really?" Now, to quote Larry the Cable Guy:

TBM, you make me "Happier than a tornader in a trailer park!"

24-Oct-13
This now completes the only live hunt I have ever read.

24-Oct-13
This thread reminds me of the joke about the preacher who was calling people to the front of the church to confess their sins. One man came forward and confessed his sin of having sex with a goat. When the man finished his confession, the preacher looked at the man and said, "I don't believe I would have told that one!"

24-Oct-13
Can't help but love these threads, especially because he's not telling us he's the greatest here!! The honesty of the "off the glass" lol love it!!!

25-Oct-13
You did it TBM, a true Rocky Balboa finish. angered the bullies with triple posts, fake spelling/grammar errors, did not stray from your game plan by using the "no response to questions" technique...but instead waited for your moment landed the big shot in the most intimidating ring in the bowsite-world! MOBILE LIVE HUNT! Way to go TBM but I called it from the beginning. Some these big boys don't like the upstaging....but I do. Keep pumping those 50lbers cause it works.

25-Oct-13
My motto for success it to just do too many things right, and that philosophy helps when crap happens. The one thing I changed from the last 2 seasons is I went back to a solid fixed blade head. This made the difference in the outcome of this hunt. No mechanical of any kind would have penetrated the bone that I did on the shot placement that occured on that deer. Probably nothing but a coc head would have produced on that hit. Sometimes the little things overlooked by many are the key to success...next time it might be ants and spiders...I will be sure to get pics of both.

25-Oct-13
TBM, just curious about who wrote that last post for you? It was the "mostly grammatically correct and coherent" TBM who emerged from hibernation once again! :-)

Nice job on the live hunt, and congrats on meat in the freezer.

I'm officially retiring from doing my annual plains muley live hunt after this one. Never be able to match it, as it has set a new standard..

25-Oct-13
Nooooo!!! Don't retire! Just shoot one laying down at 100 yards in the butt with a rage wait till the nextday to track loose the meat cut off the horns and use TBM scoring system.

28-Oct-13
I'm not positive but I have a feeling I know this guy. What I do know is this. He has played y'all about as well as that Chinese guy plays a cello. And I, (among others, I suspect), have enjoyed it immensely.

28-Oct-13
TBM - Congratulations on sealing the deal and having venison in the freezer. I have no doubt that your digestive tract is capable of handling any residual fecal coliform bacteria from your plumbing project, but if Lou/Jaquomo_feral actually abandons his live muley hunt because of this thread, I'm coming to Alabama to rub poison ivy on the handle of your outhouse door.

Heck, I'll even speak poorly of your truck and your dog too.

29-Oct-13
I feel like I'm watching the Red Green Show, only in the South...

30-Oct-13
@orionsbrother .... that's the best post on this thread right there.

30-Oct-13
First and last live hunt I ever read. Couldn't resist.

Some thing never change:

"Might have been a bowsiters... Who nows"

"How do you like me know?"

Oh Lord!

In the past 11 months on Bowsite I've come to learn, to my surprise, that any shot angle can be effective and ethical. Never woulda guessed but what do I now.

Thanks Bowsite. ;-)

30-Oct-13
My wife walked in the room, saw the picture of the above unethical shot and exclaimed "Why did he shoot it in the butt!?"

30-Oct-13
Mule, there are a few heads that perform on the iffy shots and Simmons if one of them. They are in a way like the 3 1/2 inch Turkey Tom O Hawk...if you hit em solidly, you stand a really good chance of recovering them.

30-Oct-13
Yeah. I guess if things go bad it won't cause the shooter any grief so what the hay.

But I bet you wouldn't try that if say.... the shootee was a griz or maybe a cape buffalo where the shooter could pay the price instead.

Why should that make a difference though? Think about that for a minute. Ok as long as you can then.

A few other things that work on iffy shots are dynamite and poison tips. Hit 'em anywhere right! Yee haw.

Watch those Rage Dynamites though... I've heard through the grapevine they go off prematurely. With the cost of drop away rests these days that'd be just terrible. It'd get the grease off your arm though. Hair too prolly. Or is that probbly?

• Sitka Gear