RLong 21-Aug-07
Dan the bugle man 21-Aug-07
Booner@laptop 21-Aug-07
bubbys dad 21-Aug-07
RLong 21-Aug-07
AZStickman 21-Aug-07
DJ 21-Aug-07
20-Aug-07
I JUST GOT A NEW 150 QT. COOLER IS THAT ENOUGH?

20-Aug-07
It sure is if you debone it. Remember, you need room for ice/dry Ice, but that is a large cooler.

Good hunting-

michael

20-Aug-07
Bring another one for the hide!

20-Aug-07
that'll definitely hold enough beer

21-Aug-07
a bunch of salt is better than a cooler for the skin

21-Aug-07
Yes that will work fine. I used a 150 qt coleman marine cooler last year and had a bit of room to spare.

21-Aug-07
I can put a boned out elk in my 120 qt. cooler with 2 bags of ice spread out thru the meat.

Heads-up... ya need two guys to move the cooler after it is full!!!! ha

Positive thinking... you will be fine.

Good luck, Robb

21-Aug-07
We use the 100qt coolers. Remember...you have to be able to carry it, and remain within the weight limits for flying. We also avoid ice. If you debone and have your meat frozen at the butcher, you'll be fine with lining your cooler with newspaper, and taping it shut for shipping. We fly from WA state to PA, and the meat is still frozen solid upon arrival home. nearly 15hrs later.

21-Aug-07
hey Ward We use 2 120 qt coolers with about 3 bags of ice in each. the problem with the\150 qt is not only the weight is that your meat must be cool when you put it in the cooler if not the heat of the meat will stay in the center and you might have some bad meat . I suggest you let the water drain out as you drive home and add ice as needed. Good luck Laters Dan TBM

21-Aug-07
a fully buthered and cutup cow took up almost all of a 150 qt cooler last time I shot one....just enough room for dry ice. Stayed frozen solid for over two days while I drove home.

21-Aug-07
Ward--I hope you're driving. Airlines have a 50# limitation per bag on checked in luggage. Don't know what their max weight for oversize is, but you will pay $80 per bag over the limit.

A 48 qt cooler will be more than big enough to stay under the 50# weight limitation.

21-Aug-07
do you put the meat in plastic bags then in the cooler w/ice? I thought you don't want the meat to get wet?

21-Aug-07
Booners right. We payed I believe $75 the last few times for overweight bags. We use 2 coolers.

21-Aug-07
I use 2 100qt coolers.... I can use plenty of ice to get the meat cooled down quicker and they are manageable weight wise....Plus I picked up my 2 coolers for less than the cost of one 150 qt..... Terry

21-Aug-07
Like Terry, I've found a couple of Coleman's Xtreme 100-quart coolers with the wheels ($70 each) to be just the ticket for capacity and ease of handling.

• Sitka Gear