coelker 10-Sep-13
Justin Davis 10-Sep-13
orionsbrother 10-Sep-13
stick slinger 21-Oct-13
IdyllwildArcher 21-Oct-13
SwiftShot 22-Oct-13
03-Sep-13
I know....TMI.....but I feel so much better having shared! LOL

Waiting another 7 days to jump on that airplane to CO is making my CRAZY!!! But it was time for the annual manscaping tradition.

Over the years I've learned that I am much happier in camp with less hair to catch dirt, sweat and stank.

03-Sep-13
Yep. I'm with you. Less hair=cleaner and better hygiene

03-Sep-13
Less likely to get any female sasquatch action as well.

03-Sep-13
I don't know why I even opened this thread and I'm afraid to discover the true reason for doing so.

03-Sep-13
I hear it increases your reach by two inches. Just what I heard.

03-Sep-13
Just your arms?

03-Sep-13
NorCal.....I've yet to find any female sasquatch action in camp. At home....well.....let's just say She Who Must Be Obeyed prefers it to be a non-sasquatch zone. LOL

03-Sep-13
The rokslide manscaping thread is one of the most classic threads ever... Better hygiene and chics love it! Haha

03-Sep-13
You never know though, female sasquatch could be a major no-kill trophy. Might know some kinda kama sutra sasquatch tricks that will keep you in the woods for weeks! And my squaw keeps it skinned as well, but its nice to see a traditional every now and then. LOL!

03-Sep-13
"My squaw keeps it skinned" LOL

03-Sep-13
wow

03-Sep-13
"And my squaw keeps it skinned as well, but its nice to see a traditional every now and then. LOL!"

My goodness, that is funny as all get out. I am wiping tears.

03-Sep-13
You have got to be kidding me..........................

03-Sep-13
OMG! Too Funny!!!!

03-Sep-13
good grief...

03-Sep-13
manlaw

03-Sep-13
LOL....thanks guys. I gotta go practice my stropping technique now that JH shared how to do it rite..... 11 days is a long time in the woods with no kama sutra sasquatch action. TBM swears its da bomb! There was that one year the FS agent dropped by camp to chat....but damn she was a sasquatch from the look of those leg pokin' outta her FS issue Green Shorts. Scared me!

03-Sep-13
There are some things you just don't post on a site like this...

03-Sep-13
Do not blush Jordan, trim that chit with pride!

I do it 7 days before the hunt so there's zero itching. I'm scheduled for my sheering this Friday.

Would anyone like a small pillow made by my wife? If you order now, you can pick the cover.

04-Sep-13
I start man scaping as soon as I break out the knives to sharpen. Not sharp unless they shave arm hair. Then when that's gone it's leg hair. I have a lot of knives by the way. Currently hairless and hunting.

04-Sep-13
WTF....you guys need to put on some spandex shorts and go ride bicycles or quit shaving and go kill something!

04-Sep-13
LMAO!!!!!

04-Sep-13
You guys know it's really a myth that it looks bigger with no hair....

04-Sep-13
Caddis what are you saying? I've got near 2k miles on my roadbike this summer, and am willing to bet I can walk circles around most in the mountains, even being from 400' elevation.....

04-Sep-13

Justin Davis's embedded Photo
Caddis- Want to compare kills? Take a look at my trophy page And then you can talk crap. Haha. I shave my body prior to hunts. Superstitious or not I do it and I kill a good amount of critters. Oh yea and I shoot pink vanes on my arrows! But look at me. what do you expect? ha. What's up now?

04-Sep-13
Ill put my hairy ass aginst your manscape any day of the week and twice on thursdays. Maybe even twice on tuesdays as well

So what do you guys do in the middle of a two week hunt when you suddenly realize that you are out of moisturizing shaving cream and your razor is dull.

"Sorry boys, I know that bull is bugling up the canyon, but my manscape needs some attention cause its starting to chafe"...lol

04-Sep-13
Justin,

I think you were reaching for the TBM quote, "how do you like me now!"

04-Sep-13
Yea that's exactly what I was going for haha!. And I don't ever use moisturizing cream or shave on hunts. I do this prior to the hunt. Thankfully I'm not a hairy guy to begin with. But I like the clean look and feel. Rather be clean then dirty. I first picked this up wildland firefighting. I learned to do whatever to be cleaner when I was in a dirty environment for 14 days strait.

04-Sep-13
Funny Tuedays and Thursdays are my ride days. I'll take the cleaner look, feel, and smell of scaping versus the squatch look....that only works if you're 60 years old, even then...its questionable......

04-Sep-13
LMBO! I think maybe what Caddis was trying to say was: do what ya gotta do, just don't tell us about it! But if you just HAVE to tell us about it, for God's sake don't ever, never, ever use the term "man-scaping"! (on the BOWSITE ;-)

04-Sep-13
I am secure in my manhood enough to shave and call it what it is.....LOL! And inflicting the image upon my fellow BS'ers as I wait my turn to head west and hunt....well that is just plain fun! Get over it! If it make you uncomfortable....well draw yer own conclusions there Freud.... :^D

I may have to plow into deeper fields this evening.....damn hair pops up everywhere!

What's really funny is I usually grow a beard for hunting season........confusing.....

LOL!

04-Sep-13
"Plow deeper fields??!", lol, careful you don't go too deep or you might leave a rut.

I think you can cure that hair problem permanently with some type of hormone treatment.

I'm gonna post a pic of my hairy arse to combat the image that "manscaping" brings to mind.

I don't really care if its your thing to be slicked off like a ....well never mind. But seriously do you really need to tell the world?

04-Sep-13
This reminds me of when my wife finally put her foot down about getting "fixed", um...don't ever use Nair in a sensitive area, that shit burnzzzzz. So I have heard, just sayin'

04-Sep-13
Elkaholic- I have used nair and it did not burn! Not bad at all. And before you guys knock it...try it!

04-Sep-13
He's lying don't do it! Hurt like hell! Or maybe your not a sensitive guy like me. Never again.

04-Sep-13
Question is...did you get the nair for women ? Maybe that makes the difference. That's the one I got!! :)

04-Sep-13
Justin lmao!!! Sick ink too.... This is taking right off from rokslides thread as some funny @$$ chit!

04-Sep-13
Me too!!! They make it for men?

04-Sep-13

Here u go! I better stop with this stuff. Bowsite will never think the same of me

05-Sep-13
All in good fun as I intended when I started it. If you don't want to know....don't open the thread!!!! LOL

05-Sep-13

Rut Nut's Link
I think this thread needs a themesong- click link! ;-)

Pay special attention to the last verse! ("These days there's dudes gettin' facials, manicured, waxed and botoxed.........." ;-)

05-Sep-13

Bonecracker's embedded Photo
Bonecracker's embedded Photo
U guys motivated me so I went and purchased a can of NAIR 4 MEN! Can someone please spray my back??

05-Sep-13
Oh man, I just blew coffee out my nose when I read this. Thank goodness I leave tomorrow.

05-Sep-13
Caddis

"I don't really care if its your thing to be slicked off like a ....well never mind. But seriously do you really need to tell the world?"

Yeah actually we do. Been a Bowsite tradition for quite a few years. If it causes you to question your manhood or others, go see a shrink. Or better yet, avoid threads with manscaping in it.

05-Sep-13
Edited - double post. Stupid I-Phone

05-Sep-13

Woodswise work's embedded Photo
My fall and winter hunting outfit...

05-Sep-13
You are hairy like animal!

05-Sep-13
Idyll, was that an Austin Powers reference?! Laughing hard here

Grrrrrr Baby!!!!

Ms. Alottafachina

Bake

05-Sep-13

05-Sep-13
Next year I will entitle the annual thread.....TMI

Dying here laughin' and my boss is wondering wtf is wrong with me and why I can't get any work done!

Whew!!!!........

Bake......you going back to NM this year??? I think the temps in MO are higher than here in Tampa. LOL Making a Banzai trip back to MO this weekend to see the parents and help the boys pack for the trip out west.....then back to FL to work until Weds afternoon.....then catch a plane to Denver. Goin' nutz waiting...as if it wasn't obvious.

05-Sep-13
Each to their own. But, in my world, "Man" doesn't go with "body shaving". (except for world class atheletes trying to "shave" 100thnds off a world record.

05-Sep-13

05-Sep-13

Caddisflinger's embedded Photo
Sorry, but a man oughta look like a man........

05-Sep-13

Not a shaven.......

05-Sep-13

Plus, all the chicks dig it.

05-Sep-13
Dang! Sorry, no manscaping for me. I'm just a Neanderthal.

If I roll around on the ground with my beard, back and chest hair...instant ghillie suit!

How you like me know?!

05-Sep-13
That chicks gonna cough up a hair ball later....

05-Sep-13
"Ill put my hairy ass aginst your manscape any day of the week and twice on thursdays. Maybe even twice on tuesdays as well".........something about that statement just doesn't sound quite right.

05-Sep-13
Wow, someone's bragging about being born into the lucky load club!

05-Sep-13
Got a link to that rokslide manscape thread?

05-Sep-13
LOL..... yeah, that didn't come out quite right. I just about spit beer on my keyboard upon the realization that I just lampooned myself.

05-Sep-13
Judging by the title of this thread, you must be one of those guys that tells all 700 of your BFFs on facebook that you just had a bowel movement.

05-Sep-13
Man scape is the only way to hunt. I like as does my wife.

Best thing I have ever man scaped: The Crack. It is amazing how little wipe it takes. Less time wiping = more time hunting.

And no I am not joking. It is great and would recomend a hairless crack to anyone... Liberating!!!

05-Sep-13
Jason....I apologize for responding to a personal attack in kind. To each his own. But keep your haterade to yourself and off this thread please. We are just having fun, no one forced you to read and no one cares to see personal attacks. Again, sorry for my response in kind. My bad. Back to regularly schedule programming........

Coelker....NO!!!!!....TMI to the MAX!!!!!LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!

05-Sep-13
How on earth would you do a crack? Not sure I want to know and somehow I'm about to accidently hit "submit message" Bet Justin knows already anyway.

05-Sep-13
Elk- yep. I won't explain. But pretty easy. Apply nair...wait a few minutes and then take a shower. The results are what were mentioned earlier. No more multiple wipes... But rather what I call "ghost wipes" or 1 wiper

This stuff sounds funny. But I'm dead serious! What once was learned on a wildland fire, I have implemented into my every day life! Hygiene level raised! And yes your wife will be happy! What lady do you know who like gross hair?

05-Sep-13
Oh sure, I get it. We're gettin' to the meat of the matter, no more beatin' around the bush!

You're not talkin' about a crack trim. Even a burrito, Mountain House and Budweiser bonanza should not result in "Crack Wipe" being necessary. You're talkin' about deforesting the blow hole!

Now, that Nair must nuke everything...what do you do about surrounding environs? Do you have someone do a tapered topiary trim? Leave the binary, either-or babboon-ass look? Keep going in depilatory delight?

What if your mono-brow just kind of flows into your sideburns, which flow into your beard, which flows into your neck hair, which flows into your chest and back hair, which flows Venus Flytrap-like along your crack to join the hair around the blow hole?

Where do you draw the line? I'd really miss my beard and hair, but I'd be afraid that I'd end up looking like a demented dandelion puffball.

If I kept going, I'd have to end up with sculpted eyebrows. I really don't want sculpted eyebrows. Those guys aren't my type.

So, it all goes? Then what? What happens when it all starts growing back at once? Doesn't it itch?

Chicks dig it? 'Cause they don't like icky hair? If I'm standing around scratching my blow hole or scootching my arse around on a rug like a dog, that's endearing?

This chit is complicated and confusing! I think I'll pack some extra baby wipes.

06-Sep-13
STOP IT!!!!!! damn coffee is everywhere......LMAO!!!!

Seriously....just say no to crack stubble......even I have my limits. OUCH!

My belly hurts from laffing......

06-Sep-13
baboon ass...hahahaha...losing my chit over here....for the love, someone please go kill something!

06-Sep-13
Dang, I should have read this BEFORE I drank my morning coffee. Now it's all over the monitor!!!!!! ;-)

06-Sep-13
I've always heard trimming the underbrush makes for the illusion of a bigger tree, but dang, you guys gettin all up in your cracks and all?? I'm not ready for that.

Nair really works?

06-Sep-13
"Less time wiping = more time hunting" Wow, that is profound, and definitely worth the consideration except that is involves "crack stubble" which just sounds pucker inducingly painful.

"You're talkin' about deforesting the blow hole!" LOL that sounds like a volcano area which should have large signs reading "DANGER!! POISONOUS GAS EMISSIONS OCCURRING AT RANDOM! DANGER!!"

06-Sep-13
Ki-Ke, you can trim all the underbrush that you want, but a sapling is still a sapling.

Orionsbrother, that might be the best post I ever read on bowsite!

06-Sep-13
Stop the deforestation!!!!

06-Sep-13

06-Sep-13
Look... Bake shaved his post, bald.

06-Sep-13
It's not that there aren't parts of my body that I wouldn't like to have less hair, it's just that there are parts of my body that I really don't want to have a bunch of ingrown hairs!

07-Sep-13
I can just hear Fred Bear sitting at his campfire, "I have to go shave my arms and armpits guys, see you in the morning."

07-Sep-13
Fred would have stripped down and use the fire to singe it all off in one shot.

07-Sep-13
That bowstring wax isn't just for your bow!

07-Sep-13
Not hating or attacking your person. Just making a dry, observing, statement in response to one of the strangest threads I have ever seen on bowsite.

07-Sep-13
makes it a lot easier to find ticks. And I still pull the little bastards off me embedded a day or two later.

08-Sep-13
I think this is to much information!!! ;^)))

Ole thumper

10-Sep-13

Killed this cow last night. I took out both hindquarters and a front quarter in one load. I never would have been able do that if Id been manscaped. lol...haven't you guys read the story about Samson.

10-Sep-13
Caddisflinger - Congrats on the cow and rocking a quality beard!

Fabulously Furry Freak Brothers Unite!!!!!

10-Sep-13
Fur on the face is a must....its elsewhere I prefer it to be controlled during a hunt. I draw the line at chaffing areas where stubble is NOT an option. LOL

10-Sep-13
Why thank you! You can stick leaves an twigs in it so it makes a natural face mask. You can even find snacks in there sometimes...lol

10-Sep-13
Just havin' fun with the thread Jordan. You remove whatever unwanted hair you want to get rid of, brother.

For the record, I think it would be more manly to skip the razor or nair and go with duct tape!

10-Sep-13
Just to clarify no stubble issue if you use the Nair method described above. Simple easy and only needed ever 3-4 weeks. 1 bottle last a couple months....

I know it is hard to understand, but it is very nice!

Duct tape? Ouch and it only gets about 80% of the hair.

I love the responses. I know it is not every ones bag baby. But it definitely works for me!!!

I appreciate it even more when I am working in the hot summer heat.

10-Sep-13
coelker- you and I are on the same page. Guys who never try it will just never understand!

One they point I have...native Americans were badass hunters and outdoors mans right? They weren't hairy! Ha :)

10-Sep-13
Coelker - If you've actually tried duct tape to come up with that statistic, you have my respect as well as my humor!

Someone needs to post that clip from 40 Year Old Virgin..."You're a Man O Lantern!"

21-Oct-13
So I figured its time to do a midterm tally. Are manscapers better hunters? I suppose there should be 3 categories:

No additional manscaping done.

partial manscaping.

Full manscaping (does not need to include eyebrows)

Amount of manscaping and number of big game animals killed

I know, many of you were happy to see this thread gone, but I thought it was pretty funny.

21-Oct-13

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
Full manscape done 9/13

Bull killed 9/17

22-Oct-13
Real men use duct tape. None of this naïr stuff. Sure if you pull to hard fast or wrong direction you could be not only with out hair but sewing up a sack. That's manly sewing it back up with fishing line and whiskey.

• Sitka Gear