ORARCHER 21-Jan-08
Z Barebow 21-Jan-08
Will 25-Mar-24
TonyBear 25-Mar-24
Saphead 25-Mar-24
Beendare 25-Mar-24
bluedog 25-Mar-24
17-Jan-08
WELL I MAKE MY OWN ADRENALINE COURSE DOWN AT MY CAMP IN THE SUMMER. I GET TARGETS TO SHOOT AND RUN AROUND LIKE A CHICKEN WITH ITS HEAD CUT OFF TO GET ADRENALINE OR PUMPED UP. WORKS FOR ME BUT IM ONLY 15. I ALSO PUT TREE STANDS UP IN MY BACK YARD AND SHOOT OUT EM I ATTACH LIGHTS TO MY TREE AND GARAGE AND MAKE A NIGHT OUT OF IT. ITS REALLY FUN SHOOTING AT NIGHT WHEN EVERYTHING IS NICE AND CALM. HEY GOOD LUCK

17-Jan-08
attach some playing cards face down to a target and each person shoot 5 cards. play poker

17-Jan-08
Make a dart board format play dart games.

18-Jan-08
tic tac toe

18-Jan-08
How about a war game like capture the flag. On each target you could have infentry(maybe like 20 worth 1 point each), anti-tank guys holding RPG's (that if your opponent doesn't take them out you can shoot at their tanks)(worth 5 points), then tanks each with maybe 3 10 spot sized targets(worth 10 points). Each target has the 10 spot sized target on it. Here is how you could play. Each player, assuming 2 players, has 45 shoots to us how they want. To take a tank out you need to have your tank still alive or an RPG guy alive. If you hit your targets tank (3 ten spots and the RPG guys, then your tanks would be alive at the end worth 10 points. Then add up how many men survived (worth 1 point) and how many RPG guys, plus tanks. Person with highest number captures the flag and wins. If you make this can you send me a few. The gaphics could be awsome with real photos but a 10 spot overlayed.

18-Jan-08
mooneyes is correct. Archery Poker is a blast. You can even place them face up. That ads some pressure as you are aiming for specific cards also.

18-Jan-08
Neat ideas, I thought the only archery games were "find the lost arrow" or "dig your arrow out of a tree" which are really not that much fun.

18-Jan-08
GAFFER1, You forgot the ever popular "Thats not my arrow" game that is played in every camp accros the country in the fall.

18-Jan-08
A popular game in my hunting camps is "pig" or "assclown"(for a longer game) played outdoors with a 3-D target. The first shooter picks the shot and distance, others must duplicate it. Best shot keeps leading off, worst shot takes a letter. A complete miss earns you a letter. The look on the faces of the compound shooters when I walk up real close, lie down on my stomach and shoot my longbow is pretty funny.

19-Jan-08
ROTFLMAO x10 TANK

19-Jan-08
I built a dice with 1 and 2 on it, 1 for standing and 2 for kneeling. I start at the target throw it over my shoulder, where it lands, I shoot 1 arrow, throw it again and shoot at the next landing. I keep doing this untill I get to 60 yards then work back. very good practice for odd yardages and yardage estimation.

19-Jan-08
dont forget "shimmy up the tree to get the arrow that deflected off the top of the stump game" add some more fun and have the tree be hollow

20-Jan-08
Poker, Tic Tac Toe, and Darts sound \m/ AWSOME \m/....I see aloooooooot of "wasted" chore time this summer.

GAFFRER1, thanks man, I thought I was the only one who thought those games sucked.

20-Jan-08
Maple Leaf Press has premade target faces with darts, tic tac toe, and poker already on them. You need to order a minimum qty., but work through your local club and you will have plenty.

Brian

21-Jan-08
use the hose from a Shop vac hold in place pointing up and turn to "blow" and put a ping pong ball in the air stream it will float around and makes for a hard target that moves slightly.

Another is hanging a lifesaver just in front say 12" or so of your target Thats a really small target.

21-Jan-08
After league, we would "shoot the pipe". We have a chunk of rubber hose about 3/8 " ID into a chunk of ethafoam. 2 arrows for a buck. (20 yards). Everyone takes there shots. You have to put your arrow/arrows inside cleanly, (Not through the rubber). If no one hits it or there is a tie, pot carries over to next week. If someone hits it and no ties, money is yours.

No weed layers allowed. If you want to get in on week 4, you ante up four dollars for 2 arrows.

Brian

25-Mar-24
I'm not generally a fan of gambling... But when shooting with friends, putting a wager on shots can really raise the stakes and thus, make a much more "pressure" packed session.

Simple stuff, like: Furthest from the bullseye has to mow the others lawn, or buy the others wife flowers etc. The emotions rising can be a fun thing and really help folks learn to shoot through the nerves.

Another one OP is similar to your running around thing... Put it on a timer. I have 30" to get the shot off accurately, and I have to do a lap around the house, then pick up the bow and make the shot - within that 30" window. If you are with buddies, who's quicker.

Again, accuracy matters... The goal is to add pressure to getting that accuracy.

It's fun to do shooting "games" like that! Cool thread to read through.

25-Mar-24
When my kids were young took them to alot of 3-D shoots. As an incentive after about target 25 if they shot a higher score than me they won the amount equaling the target # we were on. Coming home, kids were often happy and Mom would ask: "how much money you owe them now?"

Kept them interested in the sport, doing some math and occasionally a "double or nothing" where Dad would stop pulling his shots.

My favorite shoot was a heart shoot, heart shaped bullseyes on African game, dinosaurs, etc. We were up to about 187$ and tempted my son into a double or nothing. He hit the heart on the Velociraptor, but I hit the X on the heart. Since that course and club has now closed makes it even more memorable. It took a few years, but they eventually figured out I was pulling shots to keep them entertained, allowance jars full.

25-Mar-24
TonyB that is Great!

25-Mar-24
Simple but good;

Set up a couple 3d animals and wander around at different angles and distances each taking turns picking a spot to shoot from.

25-Mar-24
Could never talk my wife into letting me put an apple on her head..

• Sitka Gear