BULELK1 28-Nov-20
BULELK1 29-Nov-20
BULELK1 29-Nov-20
MathewsMan 29-Nov-20
MathewsMan 29-Nov-20
BULELK1 03-Dec-20
4nolz@work 03-Dec-20
05-Feb-08
Thinking about replacing the flooring on my trophy room. The room is in the basement so the floor is concrete . I have a rubber back carpet on it now but would like to change it to something other than carpet . Any ideas what I can use on concrete floor.

05-Feb-08
Rubber backed hardwood flooring.

05-Feb-08
Any of the wood laminates made today can do it and sometimes for less than the price of carpet.

We used a lower end version made by traffic master in my previous home's "man cave" and it was simple to lay out and took a beating with kids and myself spending more tme in there than in the living room.

I believe we got the stuff at Home Depot, and it had like a 25 year manyfacturer's guarantee. The nice thing about this stuff, is the liners they have now can have heating coils that allow you to put in cheap radiant heat as well.

NM

05-Feb-08
and by beating, I meant it took a TON of traffic, and still looked like new.

NM

05-Feb-08
I second the wood laminate. Looks like wood flooring, but a lot less upkeep. Was easy to install myself. However, you need to check out how much moisture the concrete would put out, especially since it is in a basement. Could have some problems if it sweats or has moisture problems.

05-Feb-08
TXhunter58 is right but you should put a vapor barrier down on concrete anyways. But like everyone says its easy to do urself and it will give a better look in a trophy room than carpet. Just make sure you leave a 1/4 inch expansion joint at the wall all the way around and most of it has padding that will make it softer than wood. Another option that is a little more work is glue down solid vinyl tiles. They make them that look like wood also and they are usually commercially rated so they will hold up forever. But If it was me I would go for the floating laminite floor. I used to work for a flooring store so I know alot about this stuff. Any more questions just ask.

05-Feb-08
Do you find the laminate flooring to be slippery . Does it come in knotty pine .

05-Feb-08

Ron's embedded Photo
Ron's embedded Photo
Bearhunter we just got through staining our church floors here and they look great. You might look into it. You can PM sometime if your interested and I can guide you through it.

05-Feb-08
Laminates are cheap and easy but look and feel cheap to me. Real wood is more expensive and harder to install but holds value better. For myself, I would choose a gauged slate and dress it up with a border and color enhancer. If you have $$ to spend you can get an electric warming cable and T-Stat to heat up the floor. No matter what you choose, do a moisture test on the slab and possibly an NACL test depending on where you live. Don't automatically assume a vapor barrier will solve everything. I'm a contractor and do a lot of this type of work for a living.

06-Feb-08

Gator's embedded Photo
Gator's embedded Photo
I'm just now finishing up on a workshop that has a stained concrete floor. Still in the process of getting stuff moved in.

06-Feb-08
Stains is getting real popular around here. We seal large warehouses with clear sealers but just for grins we started staining a few floors. I like doing it. To me it is a poor man's marble floor. We have a new Bass Pro store here in KC and I see they went that way as well.

06-Feb-08
laminated stone floors look the coolest

25-Nov-20
Thread brought back to life! Today's solid vinyl laminate flooring has a large following. Can be used in wet areas. Worth looking into. I've installed it in kitchens and bathrooms. Looks great. Many choices. I've used Home Depot's LifeProof brand. I liked it over Lowe's similar product.

25-Nov-20
If u got the big bucks, epoxy floors are awesome.

25-Nov-20
We did the vinyl flooring and it is nice. Not as slick and cheap like the typical laminate and is waterproof. Bought it at Home Depot when doing our remodel. Going to do some work in the basement next and thinking will put it down instead of carpet.

25-Nov-20
Second Vinyl laminate floor.

25-Nov-20
Third on the Luxury Vinyl Tile or LVT. It actually adds value to a basement floor, any perspective homeowner that sees wood floor in a basement understands that is a disaster waiting to happen.

25-Nov-20
Laminate here. Mine has it and I love it Home Depot brand i can't remember the exact name it's a rubber based product so you don't have to worry about spilling things like the old "composite" type of cheap stuff they used to make. Plenty of colors to chiose from. I took the carpet up in one if my rooms and laid it down in a day and finished the trim work the next. Very easy to work with. Got a nice buck this year and can't wait to add it to the room.

25-Nov-20

g5smoke21's embedded Photo
g5smoke21's embedded Photo
We put down glue down LVP in our basement. It looks great and don't have to worry about it much. Look for discontinued stuff at flooring stores. When we built our home and finished our basement both picks were discontinued and saved us a bunch of money.

25-Nov-20
Looks great, Nick!

I recognize that double pedestal Sitka blacktail mount from another thread! :-)

25-Nov-20
Yeah, that Sitka deer mount is off the chain!

26-Nov-20
I'm a tile setter so I would install nice porcelain planks with schluter ditra heat under it but that's not cheap. Dal Tile has a new product out called Revo tile the is real porcelain tile but a click tile and set like a floating floor then grouted. I have not installed one yet but it is very inexpensive and I did bid 2 basement floors recently. I would still put heat under it. There are heat systems for floating floors that lay loose. The one I bid was a film, I cant remember the product name but I did see it at DAL.

26-Nov-20
Acid stain the concrete.. I’ll post a pic later that I did on my own using directcolors.com .. you can put a marbled look to it with a couple string mops.. really easy to do and affordable..

26-Nov-20

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile)

I replaced the flooring in my kitchen with glue down LVT. Couldn’t be happier with the product. So many patterns to choose from.

Before and After pics

28-Nov-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've been very content with mine and put it in bathroom remodels I've done too.

Although, I do have tavertene tile in my TR floor

Good luck, Robb

28-Nov-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

29-Nov-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
There are so many Optional Looks to choose from too.

I like a different look in each room or bathroom that I remodel,

Robb

29-Nov-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo

29-Nov-20

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
My old home had concrete floors but the builder acid washed them during construction, some were a rust/ burnt Sierra color, some black. I’ve only got a few pics showing the floors. Here is one in the game room with one of my sons archery bucks

29-Nov-20

Our garage was similar but since vehicles were parked on it it was not polished. This shot has my best stick bow deer.

03-Dec-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Adding a Heated floor is always a bonus, for sure like in the Log Master.

Good luck, Robb

03-Dec-20
they make woodgrain vinyl now that is very very nice

• Sitka Gear