Don 30-Jan-22
Highlife 30-Jan-22
Daff 30-Jan-22
JL 31-Jan-22
4nolz@work 31-Jan-22
28-Jul-08

JUSTHUNT1's embedded Photo
I wanna know does anybody watch this garbage television? These guys are the ultimate deer pimps and have been for 20 some years. I remember laughing at him and his disturbed kid as they had a celebration after shooting a field mouse off a round bail and a Opposum from a tree stand. Here's a nice photo to go with this thread. Any more are welcome.

How long has that deer been dead? A week?

28-Jul-08
I was always kind of amused by their craziness. But I know what you mean... they are a bit much. Dan's OK but I think Guy is very arrogant.

28-Jul-08
No bashing here. I used to enjoy their videos as a beginning bowhunter. I think over all they have a positive influence on bowhunting and hunting in general and I cant talk bad about a person that does that. No matter how quirky and arrogant he or his son may appear.I have briefly talked to both years ago at a sportmans show and both were extremely pleasent and fun to talk to. If you dont like em turn the station.

28-Jul-08
I agree Reverend, Guy is too much for me to handle. Dan doesn't care about trophy's but, he is sitting in the other county behind that deer.

They are old news.

28-Jul-08

Here's another deer that could use some growth and a blanket! Notice the highly trained killer in the background!

28-Jul-08
I don't much care for their brand of TV but I care even less for a thread whose sole intent is to "bash" another(s). Very pre-pubescent.

28-Jul-08
You said PUBES! LOL!

28-Jul-08
The prosecution rests, your honor;)

28-Jul-08
They all have their issues. Nobody will like them all, and there will always be some that like any given one.

Personally, as a self taught hunter, I learned more from them than any other in my early days.

28-Jul-08
Hey Owl....Lighten up a little bit.

You gotta admit, cooking a hot dog on the block of a 454 as you drive when you could just pop it in the microwave before you pull out of the drive way is hilarious.

28-Jul-08
The son just rambles and makes no sense while talking, but I think they are the best shots of any on-air hunters.

They shoot instinctively and consistently make good shots on the shows I've seen. Plus, they seem to hunt for the joy and the meat of the hunt.

28-Jul-08
I don't think they're that bad, I think there are far worse, or at least more boring shows. I'd agree they might rub some the wrong way if you were wound a bit tight. I like that they aren't the same ol sit in a tree and watch a whitetail walk under it show. In some ways they're kind of like uncle Ted. TV personalities that attempt to entertain. (Even if that's not the way the fitzgeralds meant it to be.) I'd bet the folks that hated Ted probably aren't to fond of these guys either.

I don't think they show the bad shots. I'd bet they have a couple. But they do seem to mostly know their stuff. I hate the constant shameless commercial plugs, but when you make a living selling that stuff that's what you do I guess.

28-Jul-08
Years, and I mean close to 25 years, ago Dan had some good videos out hunting deer in corn-fields. I would have to agree that he has regressed considerably in recent years. Still looks the same though!!! Somebody must appreciate his show because he's still making a living at it.

28-Jul-08
This is the worst Hunting show ever, but I watch to be amused to see if it can be even worse than before. It is like a bad advertisement. They even shoot short axle to axle Mathews bows with fingers and rave about how good these bows are for finger shooting. They also have been afiliated with known poachers, this does not mean they are poachers, but if you have a hunting show this is not a good idea.

28-Jul-08
I watched him years ago also. Back then there weren't many hunting videos and zero hunting channels. As a new guy, I enjoyed his adventures. I remember Dan cooking backstraps on a treestand platform. Crazy stuff but fun.

29-Jul-08
I know Dan and Guy and they really are good people. Just not for everyone.....about like "The Nudge" if ya know what I mean!

They all have there 'traits'....you either like them or you don't! But as far as 'people'...they are good people! Some of the 'other celebs' aren't even that!

Maybe Dan & Guy will move to Quincy, Illinois ??

29-Jul-08
man, you guys piss and moan about Nugent, Barta and now this dude?

Who on TV is worthy for you?

If you say the archers choice fools i am gonna slit my wrists!

michael

29-Jul-08
I like Dan and I also remember them shooting that mouse. It was funny.

Some people need to stop hating! :) I haven't watched any of their stuff in a few years, but I do respect Dan!

29-Jul-08
mn_.....Archers Choice! Ralph and Vicki are great people! Their show "Archers Choice" is a great show too! They BOTH are really good bow hunters and have good personalities and do a lot for Archery and Bow Hunting and their BOW HUNTING SHOW is good too!... They have/had another show with some gun hunting and X-Gun's in it....I don't watch that one though! (The Choice).

But you'd be hard pressed to find 2 better individuals and as a 'married couple'!

Vicki is a very accomplished bow hunter in her own right. I don't know of any women as good as Vicki in hunting America and Canada and Africa, etc.

29-Jul-08
My opinion is, if you dont like em, turn the channel, but for crying out loud what makes you want to "Bash" them on a public forum for no apparent reason is beyond me. I like alot of others have been watching Dan for alot of years, he has always been corny, but I will tell you that of all the hunting show folks I have met, they are some of the nicest.

29-Jul-08
Probably been posing behind those deer for three days. Dan Fitzgerald is probably the best bow shot I've ever seen but also has the #1 worst hunting show going. I have to laugh when the kid gets a deer and goes "postal" and starts saying "praise the lord" in his best demon voice. Sickening but yet funny! Should you murder some mouse or Opossum and then praise God for it? I'm not a church going guy but that seems a little shady to me.

29-Jul-08
I like dan..i like the shows he put on a whie back (before my time it seems.) they were raw, they were shaky but they were good. Dan has always been a bit..ODD, to say the least but i've found him to be a real hunter and a pretty good gentleman.

Guy is another story all together. I think he single handily destoyred the name of fitzgerald...but that just MO. they are funny and they do crazy stuff and then show it to everybody.

I love ralph...but I would take a bad dan video anyday before I would like to see vicki...IMO

fitzgerald are on the same wave lenght to me as Roger Raglin. I like them, they make me laugh, but thats also why my wife laughs at me.....they are crazy

29-Jul-08
If you dont like them, turn the channel. Just like all of these negative bashing BS threads, I could have just passed this one over and not responded, probably should have. Oh well my 2C for the month. As far as the quality of the deer they shoot, remember they are hunting in Michigan.

29-Jul-08
I always liked the fact that they dont worry about shootng 200 inch deer. I remember when I was younger how much fun I had hunting and shooting. This year I am back to hunting and shooting. Instead of hunting and not shooting.

29-Jul-08
"if you don't like them, turn the channel"

May be those of you who keep posting that should take your own advice and move on to another thread.

29-Jul-08
I loved watching Dan F when I was getting into bowhunting.

One year in college a buddy showed up to pick me up for the first day of bowseason. He had recorded the songs from the Dan F videos onto a cassette and had it blasting in the car when I got in at 4am.

that was a fun year.

29-Jul-08
Shortstick......

whats wrong with MI hunting??????

sipe....you got to mean "down for the count" me and my hunting buddies still sing that song...

"summers over fall is here".....love it.

29-Jul-08
Their Deer Dander does work and they do make some go points and there is alot of other stuff. I think their program is aimed the younger hunters and you might have just out grown it.

29-Jul-08
i love deer dander and i got two bottles just waiting to get used ..cant wait

29-Jul-08
Don't forget your Vannilla Killer.

29-Jul-08
Headhunter-

I don't want to get into this again, but did you see her take a 50 yard shot at a grizzly walking away? Arrow had to be 5 feet high!

michael

29-Jul-08
I don't care if they are not the best tv personalities but I know for a fact that deer dander works.

29-Jul-08
Why bash the Fitzgerald's? Better to bash Raglin, that Warren dude, the fool on "Western Extreme BS" or any of the other confirmed, fence hunting & lying about it knuckleheads that try to pass themselves off as woodsman.

29-Jul-08
mn_.....no I didn't see that! That is why (if that is the case) that videos and TV Shows are dangerous to a persons morality and individuality and reputation. We weren't there....so the viewer has no idea why things like that happen....again I didn't see it. Vicki is a very accomplished Bow Hunter and Shooter though She has taken a lot of BIG Big Game!

Heck I shot 5 foot over a 25 yard target one day in front of a few hundred people and the arrow stuck close to the ceiling in a indoor range....WHAAAACKKKK....should of seen everyone look.....I shot again and did the same very thing again..... Accidents happen....for whatever reason (I had mine)!

If people don't do TV and Videos....then there is No One to see and criticize.......that's why 'some' stayed away from that!..........((*;

29-Jul-08
I met Dan at an Expo a few years ago. He really took alot of time to talk with my son. Down to earth guy. Some of his antics and tactics are out in left field but I know a truck load of young people that he introduced to bow hunting.

Some of his first videos, like Passin' Thru and Craze in the Maize were pretty good. Cooking backstraps on the platform of his stand and watching bucks fight and tear down 10 rows of corn around his tripod was wild.

30-Jul-08
onlybow, not a thing wrong with MI deer. my point is that some of the deer that the Fitz's kill are good deer for Mi.

30-Jul-08
yes...they are (I was partly kidding, I know the giants live in the midwest)

....and I guess I have to give a shout out to deer dander also...I've used it and it seems to work fine.

30-Jul-08
YES!!!

Cooking backstraps on the treestand platform...a classic!!!

Craze in the Maize...Ive never seen that one. Anyone have a copy?

30-Jul-08
gotta hope dan and guy are ok people in the real world ..................... BUT ................. their huntin show and videos make em look like phony morons ................. example .......... to have a segment showing guy running thru the woods with an arrow nocked jumping over limbs,logs,and treetops ,and all the while talking out loud to each other ........... and the after the killing "porky the pig" ............. call it "stalking" ............... sorry fans ...... " the lights are on but nobodys home "

30-Jul-08
i take my huntin seriously, and i like to have fun also so i aint gonna knock em,...hunt and have fun do init. and get paid....priceless

31-Jul-08
When I was just getting into bowhunting I loved their videos. I still think the camera angle the catches the arrow coming through on the opposite side after a pass-through shot is the best. But I too have lost interest in them since Guy started getting more involved.

31-Jul-08
The Fitzgeralds are a step above a lot of today's over-exposed Hollywood stars wrapped in their latest state of the art camo selling Block Targets...

These two yahoos are out there having a good time shooting deer. Yes, they are a bit quirky, and they don't always shoot the biggest, baddest bucks, but they put in their time, get great footage, shoot nice deer and are legitimately happy. Some of these new-aged camera sluts don't even crack a smile after shooting a great buck that most only dream of. -Kind of sickening if you ask me. If it's that much of a job then it is no longer hunting in my opinion.

So I will stand up and defend the Fitzgeralds anytime as they aren't afraid to go against the grain and a re non-comforming throwbacks.

31-Jul-08
I watch'em and have been for years.

31-Jul-08
Nut jobs... they take shots that are way too long. Model all the wrong behavior. Provide fodder for the antis left and right, and pretty much make me want to watch something else. that being said, they do get sponsors, and they are getting paid to hunt...

31-Jul-08
I liked watching Dan's video's years ago before the "Outdoor channel" and when his son was about 10yro.

He did make some fine shows back then.

I don't watch his show anymore because its one big adverisement.

31-Jul-08
have you tried the products he's advertising...come on try deer dander you'll love it.. for a cover sent

01-Aug-08
I did grill out on the tree stand last night and the deer dander makes a good seasoning salt. YUMMMEEEE!! "praise the lord" as The Team would say!!

01-Aug-08
now...now...theres nothing wrong with praising God for the strength, opportunity and joy that comes with hunting...."in all things give thanks"

02-Aug-08
Ive watched Dan for years, back when he was teamed up with bob folkrod in DOWN FOR THE COUNT that was a great video. He inspired me to shoot instinctive and i did for 6 years. by doing that i actually killed a nice buck from a treestand after i left my release at home.Now i know i can alwys fall back on the basics.THANKS DAN FOR MAKING ME AN ALL AROUND BETTER SHOT. GUY IS A LITTLE MUCH SOMETIMES!!!! but thats why we are all made different. Just because somebody is not just like you does not make them nut jobs.you might want to ask yourself who is the nut.

07-Aug-08
ive been called an a-ho more times than i can count,but never a nut job.. i would hunt with dan or guy any day they say..

28-Jan-22
Guys are haters for sure.

29-Jan-22
These guys didn’t even make TAB’s top 10 list!

He probably doesn’t own a VHS player….

29-Jan-22
Of all the posters on this oldie-but-goody thread, only about a half dozen are still in Bowsite.

"Where have all the flowers gone? Long time passing".

29-Jan-22
It's interesting to read these old comments. Same bashing....different decade.

BTW.....their corn row hunting vid was pretty cool and a head of it's time.

29-Jan-22
God bless all the bowhunters even the ones who have to shoot crossbows just to keep us in the game. Easy Does It.

29-Jan-22
Seriously - pulling up a thread from 2008 and then bashing the guys that started it? That's like tearing down a statue of Thomas Jefferson.

29-Jan-22
There's an interesting contrast from this old thread and the recent TAB thread. It seems public bashing has become popular and funny, now. Not so much 14 years ago. Sad sign of the times, I guess.

Matt

29-Jan-22
Have recently noticed a lot of their videos popping up on YouTube. I remember as a kid, renting every one of Dan Fitzgerald's videos and watching them multiple times. Definitely helped light the bow hunting fire that lives within me.

29-Jan-22
I always liked when they cooked a meal on the engine while traveling lol. Compared to some of the new hunting celebs I don't mind the fitzgeralds. Their scent I've tried and it seems like a good odor but that damn bottle leaks, wish they'd fix that.

29-Jan-22
"Raging Boars" best ever.They have fun without worrying about what keyboard warriors say.We should learn from them.

29-Jan-22
I thought Raging Boars was Fitzgerald but maybe not.

29-Jan-22

BowenAero's Link

29-Jan-22
They wore flannel and carharts... father and son... some of you are idiots.

30-Jan-22
Both are good guys Dan paid extra attention to my son at one of the Michigan Deer Spectaculars and Ive never forgot this.

30-Jan-22
Thanks for that tip, OH. I'll remember it if I ever ignore Mr. JORDAN at an event.

30-Jan-22
I like them

30-Jan-22

30-Jan-22
Not judging anyone's opinion. But asking a question wouldn't it be far more productive to level you pins on some of those that have repeatedly been caught breaking the Law? I'm not naming names but there are some with higher profile shows who should be laughed off the air! At the end of the day, that's show business, they are all trying to move products. These are infomercials with a little hunting/fishing to entice us to watch. See them for what they are.

31-Jan-22

JL's Link
Just came across this. Anyone know what became of the investigation?

"AG's Office to Investigate Team Fitzgerald for Alleged Consumer Protection Violations "

31-Jan-22
I like their enthusiasm it's genuine like Roger Raglin and Eichler.

• Sitka Gear