Bou'bound 24-Mar-13
Bou'bound 24-Mar-13
Bou'bound 24-Mar-13
Bou'bound 24-Mar-13
INbowdude 25-Mar-13
Mad Trapper 25-Mar-13
Hawkeye 25-Mar-13
23-Dec-08
I think I am going to bite the bullet and go on a musk ox hunt in March. A couple buddies have pushed me to get full body mounts but then again that is alot of $..almost as much as another hunt. What would you guys do? Thanks.

23-Dec-08

medicinemann's embedded Photo
It's one of my favorite hunts and one of my favorite mounts.....and the meat is great.

23-Dec-08

Here's a different view.....

23-Dec-08

Waterfowler's embedded Photo

23-Dec-08

I did mine in the fall when it wasnt so cold. It is a great adventure half of which is just getting there. I did a shoulder mount on a pedistal (sp) saving some room if I get a chance I will post a pic. A muskox hunt is by far the easiest & cheapest way to experience the far north. That hunt fueled my fire for polar bears.

I should mention these pics were taken on a caribou hunt this past fall I figured they were appropriate.

23-Dec-08
Great pics waterfowler and thanks for sharing. I have also heard that getting there is half the adventure! Hope you can post the shoulder mount. Thanks!

23-Dec-08

You wouldn't think with all that hair they can swim. They were almost as fast as the boat.

23-Dec-08
The one on the left is a BEAST!

23-Dec-08
Waterfowler & Jake, Where did you go and who did you go with? Thanks,

23-Dec-08

Gator's embedded Photo
Gator's embedded Photo
They make for an excellent full mount.

23-Dec-08

Gator's embedded Photo
Gator's embedded Photo

23-Dec-08
They really deserve the respect of a lifesize mount. Mine is heading to the taxidermist next week.

23-Dec-08
yep, no doubt. every hunting family needs an ox in the family room.

23-Dec-08
I hunted with Fred Webb. What a piece of work!! LOL

23-Dec-08
Man those things are ugly.......and for some unkwown reason that is my dream hunt!! Someday!!

24-Dec-08
I couldn't get over how good tasting the meat was, when I got home....I served some to non-hunting friends, and even got 2 vegetarians to try it. They went back for SECONDS!! True story!!

24-Dec-08
Medicineman-what did that Musk ox Score?

24-Dec-08
Around 114.

24-Dec-08
I thought about having a full mount made.

Space was a problem though. I figured I could just hollow it out and use it as a spare bedroom......

24-Dec-08

24-Dec-08

Sorry its a little dark but you get the idea. I actually killed 2 on the same hunt you can see the horn mount in the first pic.

24-Dec-08
I hunted on Banks Island with the Local outfitting business which I booked thru Adventures Northwest. It was cheap @ $2500 plus $750 for the second bull ...... but I've seen better run outfits. If I did it again I'd look to Fred Webb.

24-Dec-08
Went with Canada North Outfitting.

If you have a bad back don't even think of going during the "spring." The ride looking for game is rough even on a good back. Something like speed bumps every 20-40 feet. Even so, a wonderful experience.

24-Dec-08
Gator..I am going with Canada NO as well. Seems top notch and should be a great experience! Can't wait.

24-Dec-08
Looking at the musk ox wow what great creature.. great mounts

24-Dec-08
Awesome mounts,guys. Is there a big difference in hair quality from fall to spring?

24-Dec-08
Hawkeye, I don't believe you could do better. From the time you get to Cambridge Bay until you leave you'll be provided the best service possible. If you have an few extra hours in Yellow Knife check out Robertson's Taxidermy.

24-Dec-08
Jeff, since the warmer period is brief, I doubt there would be much difference. As you know their "spring" temperatures were tuff on this FL boy. We seldom see minus 40 down here.

24-Dec-08
Just back from the Post Office. Sent in the balance for my trip to the ice box. I went in early Sept and my timing was perfect. Perfectly rotten. I didn't see a single ox on a DYI out of Nome (drawing tag).

Headed to Shishmaref in Feb for Round 2. Brrrr.

Any cold weather tips? I might live in Alaska yet the coldest weather I have experienced was probably minus 15-20 growing up in Nebraska.

Anybody have a skull beetle cleaned? I understand the horns are hard to remove so the skull can be degreased.

24-Dec-08
Just received my brown bear skull from Skulls Unlimited. They did an excellent job.

Plan to keep covered so no exposed skin, goggles are a must for traveling. Keep bow, camera, etc. outside. Moving into warm area then back to cold is not good.

24-Dec-08
You really need a full mount to do them justice! Mine is always the biggest hit in the trophy room.

26-Dec-08
Steve H.,

I just found a new Skull Cleaning Service (beetles). The one I had previously used (Custom Osteo) must have gone out of business.

I sent them a bear skull and I had it back in under 3 weeks and it is the finest skull I have seen in person. He would have had it back to me quicker, but my hunting buddies bear skull (mailed them together) had to soak longer in the de-greasing agent.

Brett at Southern Skull (website is www.southernskull.com). His prices is as fair as can be found as well.

Muskox is my final "wish list" animal to complete a "Representative N. American Slam". Before muskox, I still need a Bison, Moose, and Caribou. If I knock those off, I'll do the Muskox hunt. I wish I had done a muskox hunt a few years ago, the whole thing could have been done for around $4500 including airfare. Now a guy is hard pressed to do it for under $9k with increased airfare and guide charges.

30-Dec-08
nice looking mounts... i have never seen a Musk ox mount.. impressive.

30-Dec-08
Brad's photos (aka Waterfowler) shows some basic, interesting points about muskox. While I am no expert on the animals, I have hunted them and been in their habitat on three separate bowhunts (one muskox bowhunt, two polar bear bowhunts).

Brad's first photo appears to show a bull on the left, and three cows to the right. Mature bulls tend to have a more defined "boss", and the horns won't be furry or fuzzy where the bosses are located. The bosses tend to grow together with age - there may hair between the bosses, but nothing like the three on the right side of Waterfowlers first photo.

The third photo by Brad shows them swimming, and the animal to the left appears to have a large horn curl. However, I would guess that the four animals swimming are the same four as shown in the other photos....the animals tend to "match-up" rather well. Since the only animal with bosses, is the one to the extreme right, the animal that looks rather nice, is a cow....and she wouldn't score very well....the "curl" is deceptive if you haven't seen many of them.

Typically, a good muskox needs about 5 things to score well.....IF score is important to you. Even if score isn't important, it's always fun to learn new things about the animal that you are hunting.

FYI, I was told that a mature bull would score well if they possessed the following: a massive (thick) boss, black tips on the ends of the horns that are several inches long, good horn mass (larger circumference), horn that dip down until they are almost even with the nose and then turn up and are at least even with the eye, and good horn spread (width).

The first two photos of muskox (which I posted), show that my bull has good bosses, and a good horn "dip" that recovers and makes it up to the eye with black tips, but it doesn't have particularly heavy horns. I was looking for an animal with good bosses, and this was the best animal with bosses that we saw......anything else was "extra" to me.

My friend, Bob Miller, shot a bull that didn't have really well developed bosses, and the dip wasn't quite as noticeable as mine, but it had heavier horns....the two animals scored within 3/4" of each other. Because the horns can be quite massive, good horn mass can really make up for deficiencies in length or boss thickness, and vice versa (thinner horned bull with good length can score as well as shorter horned bulls with heavier mass).

Horn color can really vary up there. Some are light in color (like mine), and others can be a little bit darker...like those posted by Gator. I wonder if it is a function of diet, minerals in the water, genetics, or something else.

Oh....one other thing....there are actually two sub-species of muskox. The Barren Ground and the Greenland. The Greenland species are what live on Victoria Island. The Barren Ground species live on the mainland. Mine is a Barren Ground animal that was taken about 100 miles east of Klugluktuk (formerly Coppermine). Barren Ground animals tend to be larger than the Greenland species. If you want a larger representative, book with someone that will let you hunt on the mainland for the Barren Ground species.

Wait....a couple MORE things....for anyone that ever hunts these buggers, I am sure that most of you know that when they feel threatened, they'll form a circle with their butts towards the inside of the circle, and their horns facing outward, toward any danger. The calves are in the middle of the circle.

What you might NOT know, is that you can easily approach them when they are in this formation, HOWEVER, their "personal space" is about 20-30 yards. If you see them rubbing their head/horns against the shins on their front feet, that is a sign that they are getting stressed....which could result in a charge. They are faster than you might suspect, and with the horns and disposition that the bulls possess, I wouldn't want one charging me.

I shot my bull with my bow set at 90 pounds. My 500-525 grain arrow went completely through the bull, but the vanes of the arrow got caught in the hair on the far side, as he ran away....so it was dangling from his fur as he ran away. I know that there is frequently quite a bit of debate about broadheads on this forum.....but I personally would NOT use an expandable broadhead on these animals. Their hair/fur could really affect arrow penetration with a mechanical broadhead (in my opinion). A couple bowhunters that were up there with mechanicals did require multiple shots....but since I wasn't there, I don't know if it was due to a less than optimum shot placement, or a lack of penetration.

I watched a Tom Miranda video where he was shooting a bow with average poundage as I recall (probably 65-75 pounds), and the arrow got reasonable penetration....the bull was quartering toward him, so a pass through would not have been possible. He used a COC broadhead.

I would look at the vitals of a muskox (as shown in The Perfect Shot), just to make sure that you remind yourself of where to aim. Don't let the long hair allow you to aim in the wrong spot.....

30-Dec-08
My tag requires a bull 4 years or older. ADF&G told me the way to judge this is if the bosses are around 1" or closer together it will make at least 4 years, younger animals the boss will be much further apart.

30-Dec-08
Steve H., I sent you a PM per your request.

Jake

30-Dec-08

Very good info there Jake. I will second the coc broadhead I used a steelforce 125. They are an incredibly tough animal I found. I shot each one multiple times before they went down. Looking back now I was just following the guides instructions but am pretty certain 1 arrow would have sufficed.

I found their vitals to be slightly higher and further forward than I thought but still lung shot them each time.

They are very hard to judge on the hoof even from close range as the hair hides a fair bit of the boss and beam next to the skull. I was told they are like cape buffalo the older they get the less gap there is in the boss. My bigger one almost touches.

Jake coverd just about everything else my hunt was in sept but the meat was wonderful make sure you try it.

I was less than 15 yards for these pictures. This fellow was a little upset as you can see.

30-Dec-08

Drowned rat

30-Dec-08

Heres your broadside shot from 40 yards.

30-Dec-08
Brad,

Great pictures! 15 yards is a little close for me!! Mine started rubbing his shins when I was 26 yards away. I never took another step....I shot him as soon as he started to rub his head on his shins.....I'm glad that you caught a picture of that. At that time, I was shooting the 125 Steelforce broadheads, as well.

If anyone is interested in making a kicka** muskox archery target....let me know. My target took a couple hours to make.....but you know how that goes....anything that helps to pass the time while you are waiting to leave on the hunt is a welcome distraction. My target REALLY helped me to understand the exact anatomy of a muskox as well.

I'm glad that you mentioned the meat was good in September. What month do they rut in the Fall? Having hunted them in March, I wasn't sure when the rut was, or if it even affected the taste of the meat.

30-Dec-08
GREAT INFO GUYS!!!! Really helpful and stuff you can;t find in any book. Any more info is always appreciated!

30-Dec-08

30-Dec-08
One other piece of non-hunting info about muskox (Ovibus moschatus)....the lighter colored hair or fur in the middle of their back (the "saddle", so to speak), is very fine hair and it can "spun" into a yarn that is used to make scarves and stuff. It is called "qiviut" or something like that. I was told that it is eight times warmer than cashmere, but I have absolutely no idea how they made that determination.

30-Dec-08

Gator's embedded Photo
Gator's embedded Photo
Great info and pictures. Info on expandables sure makes sense as there is a great deal of hair the broadhead must travel through. I also used a COC. In my case a razorcap. A complete passthru at 30 yards. Like Jake, the arrow was hanging by the fletching.

I'll probably do it again when they add shocks.

30-Dec-08
Thanks Jake and great talking to you.

I've always heard the fall meat is way better than the winter meat. Maybe something to do with the meat freezing before rigor has a chnace to set in??? Sounds like Jake got around that by promptly cutting up and keeping warm in a cooler (just sounds odd).

I met a guy from Nome that has arrowed more ox than probbaly anyone (I think this year was #10) since he can get a subsistance tag every year. He only hunts in the fall and told me the vitals are actually further back versus backed forward like mtn goats.

30-Dec-08
Can anyone help me with the book that details all the vitals on the NA Big game? I believe it is 'Perfect Shot' but want to be sure before ordering. Thanks.

30-Dec-08
That's it, the Perfect Shot by Craig Boddington ($39.99).....and it is a great reference book. However, I would question the exact location of the vitals of a couple animals in that book. The muskox seemed pretty accurate, except the tail....I think that mountain Lion might have been a little bit different from what I have seen in real life.

30-Dec-08
Hawkeye The book is called The Perfect Shot North American. I attached a link to where you can see it.

https://www.safaripress.com/product.php?productid=309&cat=328&page=1

30-Dec-08
Jake i wish i could pull 90lbs on a summer day .. wow on a cold artic day 90lbs that great ,,,,louis

30-Dec-08
Lou,

Whether I stuck a polar bear in front of you at 5 or 10 yards, or a Muskox rubbing his horns against his forelegs prior to a charge; you'd pull 90 pounds....trust me!

Jake

30-Dec-08
maybe with your help .. lol Jake id rather take my chances with muskox at least they will find my remains,, that polar you shot would make a quick snack out of me. Jake that polar bear hunt was one of my favorites ,, wow that was a hunt! louis

30-Dec-08

bigguy's embedded Photo
bigguy's embedded Photo
Here is a photo of my Musk Ox which I just got back from the Taxidermist. His head is down, like he was just before I shot him. It's a mount unlike I have seen before. He certainly does take up more room than I thought!

30-Dec-08

bigguy's embedded Photo
bigguy's embedded Photo
Here is a little different angle

30-Dec-08
Thanks for the book info guys and love the mounts bigguy. Impressive!

31-Dec-08

Ziek's embedded Photo
Ziek's embedded Photo
Is that the book that shows a muskox with a long tail?! lol

Their head and neck are huge making it appear that their vitals are farther back. Find their front leg below the hair to judge where to aim since the long hair makes it difficult to see the shoulder. Also, some guys overcompensate for the long hair and shoot too high. I shot clean through mine at 16 yds. slightly quartering away with a 70# SBXT and Montec 125.

31-Dec-08
Hawkeye,

The Perfect Shot is written for gunhunters. Boddington discusses various calibers for various species, based on his hunting experiences. He shows points to aim at FOR GUNHUNTERS.

I got the book to help me understand the anatomy of the various species of North American game. That way, I could make my own decisions about where to aim. It's a handy reference source. I have actually used some of the photos to make my archery targets for given species....prior to hunting them.

Jake

31-Dec-08
WOW! Jake you have me thinking. Is there a big expense to get the meat and hide back home? Jim

31-Dec-08
Jim,

There wasn't any big expense in the past (for the meat)....however, with airlines charging for weight and extra bags now, I'm sure that there will be some additional charge....but considering how good the meat was, it would be worth it to me.

The taxidermist is a different story. I had Robertson's do my full mount. They do so many Muskox mounts, I knew that they would do a great job....and they did. However, the crate and the freight were close to $1,000.00 extra.....

19-Jun-10
this is an older thread but a lot of good info and pictures.

anyone else have any pictures of live or killed muslk ox to share.

29-Oct-10

29-Oct-10
Cool thread! Mike

30-Oct-10

goosie's Link
Here's some pictures from my fall muskox hunt this past August. I have another album going up soon with another hunt from Victoria Island the week after.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Canada-In-The-Rough/112112432169540?v=photos#!/album.php?aid=22285&id=112112432169540

30-Oct-10
that is a great link. thanks for sharing nice ox. how much did he weight and what would he score.......just for referecne.

can you talk about the hunt and the shot.

30-Oct-10
I'm sorry that I don't know weight or score. We quartered him up in the field and I wouldn't hazard a guess because it would simply be a guess. I will say that I was really surprised at how big they are once on the ground.

The horns are at the taxidermist and I will get him scored eventually.

The hunt was amazing. The number of animals was nothing short of impressive. The terrain makes it challenging to get into bow range if you do it as a proper stalk. We got within 45 yds while the herd of 13 animals was sleeping and ran out of cover. It then became a waiting game for them to wake up. My bull was one of the last ones on his feet and when he stood up, I shot. Clean pass through and he was dead in under 30 yards and a few seconds.

The rut was on in full swing so we watched bulls fighting and herding their cows. It was a really enjoyable hunt.

01-Nov-10

Chris Durando's embedded Photo
Robertson's just finished mine from April 2010 hunt. A few photos...

01-Nov-10

07-Jun-12
Very cool thread! What I find interesting out of all of this is that the meat is good and people take it home with them.... That excites me as I was under the impression that the meat would have went to the local's. Very nice!

08-Jun-12
Nick, it is true if you don't take the meat, the Inuit will put it to good use. With the new weight restrictions and Robertson not taking any musk ox (or new business, I believe) this year, I brought back as much as I could without having it shipped freight. I had 1 hard bowcase, 1 duffle full of clothes, 1 waterproof bag with hide, horns and meat. If I would have taken the time to box up my clothes and UPS them to my house, I probably could have brought more meat home. I did get to eat some of the ox I shot that same night in camp. A bit chewy but tasty just the same.

At the suggestion of Medicineman, I brought 1 gallon size ziplock bags to put the meat in as it was quartered. Made it alot easier to pack and it was frozen solid when I left. By the time I got home, some had defrosted but was still cool to the touch.

I also brought my own tarp and rope to bundle the hide in. Again, froze solid and no leakage.

08-Jun-12
Very good information! I wondered about how a person would get the hide back if they didn't intend on having it mounted up there by Robertson's because I do not plan on having them do it. Still undecided on what to do for a mount. A full body is out for sure, but I am torn between a real nice pedestal/shoulder mount and having the back half of the hide tanned for a rug and just a european mount. My taxidermist tells me since this is likely a one time deal I better go with the pedestal, which is what I am leaning towards.

01-Dec-12

J Man's embedded Photo
J Man's embedded Photo
Just got my musk-ox and wolf mount back. Took them both in NWT this past April. BG Taxidermy of Colorado did a great job!

01-Dec-12

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
I don't think robertson's is even still in business.

Heading back to hunt again in March.

01-Dec-12
I tried to use Robertsons, but they said they were not taking anything else this year. So I took the hide and horns back with me to CO. and had them mounted here. Did you get the Musk-ox in the picture mounted? Good luck in March!!

01-Dec-12
I did not get it mounted I just had the skull done as a European

12-Feb-13

CJ Winand's embedded Photo
CJ Winand's embedded Photo
Grant: You are tougher than me!

Just completed a musk ox hunt in Greenland with Frank Feldmann of Bowhunting Greenland.

Incredible experience!

My hunt was only 100 degrees warmer than yours!

12-Feb-13
Is it just me or does Waterfowler's horn mount look like one of those lederhosen girls pigtails. LOL

12-Feb-13

Clutch's embedded Photo
Clutch's embedded Photo

12-Feb-13

Clutch's MOBILE embedded Photo
Clutch's MOBILE embedded Photo

12-Feb-13
The pedestal horn mount actually looks super cool.

Great, now I have to get one of these too...

13-Feb-13
Greenland just legalized bowhunting for musk ox in 2012. We filmed the entire hunt for Bowhunter TV, via Sportsmen Channel.

Editor of Bowhunter Magazine, Curt Wells and Pat Lefemine will be going this year with Frank Feldman of Bowhunting Greenland. This upcoming hunt will also include reindeer permits. Wish I was going back!

If I were to go again, I'd shot an immature musk ox and bring back a flat rug! Way cool.

13-Feb-13
Why an immature animal for the rug?

13-Feb-13
great thread!

20-Feb-13
Trust me on this one...The 9-foot square cape (flat skin) is even better than a buffalo or bear hide!

If you shoot a mature bull, it could be as big as a 12-foot square!

20-Feb-13
CJ, just got done watching that episode. I was really interesed in that hunt. Sounds like you really enjoyed? Any tips or advice with that outfitter? Thx...Chris

20-Feb-13

Steve H.'s embedded Photo
Steve H.'s embedded Photo
The shoulder mount from my 2009 Seward Peninsula bull.

20-Feb-13
Oh man, mine is still at the taxidermist and these mounts are great. I'm having a shoulder mount as well (couldn't afford the price or room of a lifesize.)

Bou, when are you going next month?

24-Feb-13

Bryan Burkhardt's embedded Photo
Bryan Burkhardt's embedded Photo
Fall is a great time to hunt Musk Ox. Robertson taxidermy did a nice shoulder mount and I have the back skin that makes a great rug in my den.

24-Feb-13
Nice stickbow kill Bryan!

24-Feb-13
March 17

25-Feb-13
Thanks Primitive....1970 Bear A handle take-down.

25-Feb-13
Friend of mine bowkilled one in the early 80's. Had a shoulder mount done. Very impressive!!!

25-Feb-13
great bull and photo bryan

25-Feb-13
Thanks Bou'bound

07-Mar-13
I'm pretty sure Pat Lefemine will be hunting with Frank this year, say August. Curt Wells and other top notch bowhunters are also booked. Curt will be filming for another Bowhunter TV hunt. If you're interested in this hunt, I'd highly suggest booking this hunt ASAP! The word on the little honey-hole is getting out very fast!

Of all the hunts I've done for Bowhunter Magazine / TV this hunt trumps them all! The response Frank Feldman, owner of Bowhunting Greenland has receive has blown me a way.

The written article about the hunt will appear in the Big Game issue of Bowhunter (say, September time frame?).

BTW, did I tell you Frank's hunt now include reindeer!

07-Mar-13
that will be neat. it looks awesome on the website. is 34,000DKK around 6 grand? very economical.

07-Mar-13
I was looking into going to Greenland about a year ago. I was told by a different outfitter that the law is 70# minimum bow weight.

Now that EVERYbody seems to be going to Greenland, I'll have to go look for some other overlooked corner of the Earth!

BTW, next to manatees or sea lions, those seals would be about the next best thing!

07-Mar-13
1 DKK = $0.12 american

07-Mar-13
Is theier any problems with bringing a seal or any part of a seal into U.S.?

07-Mar-13
My two cents: I hunted in the fall on Victoria Island with High Arctic Lodge. I really appreciated the milder weather compared to a March hunt.

I opted for a should mount. As you can see from some of the pictures others have posted, a muskox takes up quite a bit of space - whether as a full body or on the wall.

A fall hunt is during the rut. The bulls can be aggressive. Our outfitter warned us that a bull that has lost a fight can be in a nasty mood, looking for something to take out his frustrations on. People can look like a safe bet for them. He told us that while we were glassing, we needed to be on the lookout for solo ill-tempered bulls. Getting gored would definitely spoil your day.

I boned out and brought home the meat from the hind quarters. My wife, who is usually understanding about such things, wished that I hadn't done that. Better than pronghorn, but not as good as elk. I'm sure that partly it's a matter of taste (natives were happy to haul away all of the unwanted meat). Also, taking my bull during the rut didn't help.

I put the horns, cape and meat in a dry bag. The meat was largely frozen, the other stuff not so much. By the time we got to Edmonton, the was a tiny hole in the bag. Fortunately, no one noticed the puddle of bloody water that collected below the luggage cart.

I was able to get everything completely frozen that night. At the airport, I asked for 2 of their jumbo plastic bags and put the dry bag inside them. No more problems. (They are always glad to provide them. They also protect your duffel bag.)

Advice: If you want to bring back the horns in your luggage, it would be a good idea to take something along to pad them.

Good luck!

07-Mar-13

Mtgoat's Link
Possum, 'bout the same as trying to import a polar bear hide. A seal is classified as a marine mammal.

Fish & Wildlife Service web site states "It is prohibited to take and import marine mammals and their parts and products. "

Thanks to the environmental movement and TV sensationalism of the '70s. Sorta makes me want to go hunting for them, even if I couldn't bring back anything but pictures.

16-Mar-13
so will a greenland reindeer count as a caribou and witch one

19-Mar-13
For the sake of good order, please be aware, that Reindeer hunting with archery gear has not yet been approved in Greenland.

On the outfitters homepage it is mentioned, that they "expect" to have Reindeer approved before hunting season 2013 commences.

The Greenlandic Government approved Musk Ox bow hunyting in 2012 and the archery gear requirements are as follows:Compound bows only, minimum 38 kg draw weight (84 lbs!), arrow length minimum 75 cm (29,5") and 4 blade broadheads minimum weight 125 grains.

The Danish Bowhunters Association have takne contact to the Greenlandic Government to have them revise the requirements, as they are jduged to be "out of scope" for Musk Ox.

To my knowledge the requirements have NOT been changed yet.

I was raised in the Southern part of Greenland and I dream of going back to hunt both Musk Ox, Reindeer and Seals with my archery gear.

19-Mar-13
''The Greenlandic Government approved Musk Ox bow hunyting in 2012 and the archery gear requirements are as follows:Compound bows only, minimum 38 kg draw weight (84 lbs!), arrow length minimum 75 cm (29,5") and 4 blade broadheads minimum weight 125 grains.''

Its good to see that politicians everywhere do their homework before ''Allowing'' their constituents to do anything !! (tic)

But, there is an archery season now, and thats great news.

21-Mar-13

Bou'bound's MOBILE embedded Photo
Bou'bound's MOBILE embedded Photo

22-Mar-13
The bull above was taken on march 19 out of cambridge bay. That photo is not clear as it is a photo from my phone of the camera screen. Now back in Edmonton. Fun trip again.

22-Mar-13
Congratulations bou. Looks damn cold!

23-Mar-13
Hey Grant, congrats on ox #2. Hope you post the story and pictures. I'd like to hear about your adventure. Mike

24-Mar-13

digging into camp

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

24-Mar-13

25-Mar-13
Great looking pictures. Brings back some good memories.

Hey wait a minute. Where's Jake's hat? I didn't think anybody from Bowsite could kill an Arctic critter without either wearing that hat or having a golden horseshoe with them.

Now what about the story? There's always a story and you tell them very well. Don't make me go all teacher on you and start typing questions.

Congrats. BTW, first time I've seen a pick up with tracks.

25-Mar-13
Congrats GRANT! Are you going to P&Y?

25-Mar-13
Congrats Grant! Great great pics..well done sir.

15-Aug-17

BowhuntingGreenland's embedded Photo
BowhuntingGreenland's embedded Photo

BowhuntingGreenland's Link
Did you read the Bowhunter Magazine cover story this month, also found on www.bowhuntinggreenland.com One guy just had to cancel his hunt. Sept 17th to 24th 2017 - 6 hunting days Muskox and Caribou $12,500 (Regular price $14,450 ). One spot is available Contact Frank Feldmann at: [email protected] Phone: 011 299 284851

• Sitka Gear