cb 17-Feb-09
BrettU 17-Feb-09
Mathews Man 17-Feb-09
dustyvarmint 18-Feb-09
shane 20-Feb-09
JRABQ 20-Feb-09
lonewolf1985 20-Feb-09
17-Feb-09
Just wondering what hang on treestands come with the mesh style of seats. I like these for comfort and the fact that they do not get wet on rainy days.

I think gorilla has come out with a new style now that has this seat but I have not seen one at any store.

anyone know of any other brands ?

thanks

17-Feb-09
Ol'Man

17-Feb-09
lonewolf1985,

have you seen those aftermarket mesh ones by hazmore? Not sure if they'd be available for your make/model stand. Considering switching it out on my LW S&C.

dv

17-Feb-09
dusty, no I have not seen them, will do a search on google for them now, see if I can find anything.

thanks

17-Feb-09
Dusty, I just found the site and they have the LW S+C seats on sale right now for under twenty bucks.

Just thought I would let you know

17-Feb-09
I have one of the seats from hazmore.net. After a couple uses and figuring out exactly how I liked it adjusted I really like it. Makes absolutely no noise, slides out of the way when I stand, and adds virtually no weight.

I had a Gorilla Expedition hang on stand with a mesh seat this season as well that was comfortable. Won't be using it next year as someone else apparently needed it worse than me. Not a hunter, just a thief.

Jeff

17-Feb-09
BOWNBIRDHNTR, the sad part is, they have discontinued that stand. I am hoping they come out with something comparable cause there is nothing like the mesh seat IMHO for overall comfort. I have a couple expedition hunters and so does my hunting buddy. I hope they come out with a replacement that is for sure.

*EDIT:

I just got off the phone with Gorilla. They have no stands in 2009 with mesh seats but, he did say all of the stands are new and he mentioned that they will have foam padded suspension seats. He said they are "better" than the mesh......I guess that is for all of us to figure out for ourselves

17-Feb-09
My ass gets cold sitting in the mesh.

17-Feb-09

Panhandle Bob's embedded Photo
Panhandle Bob's embedded Photo
Bowfreak, the Gorilla was very similar to the ol'man

17-Feb-09
Used em several times. Comfy, but when the temp drops i had to put a pad on the mesh, too cold for my back side.

17-Feb-09
I have a gorilla with the padded suspension seat and my buddy has the one with the mesh. I like his way better, like mentioned makes it lighter, quicker and easier to use and set up. It is so cool how it just pushes out of the way for climbing and shooting. I have to take mine off and on for climbing and when standing I feel like I am way out on the edge of my platform cause of my seat. Too bad they are discontinuing the mesh. I was thinking of going that way actually.

17-Feb-09

Mathews Man's embedded Photo
Mathews Man's embedded Photo
I have the Gorilla Expedition Magnum Hunter and I love it! I bought mine at a Sportsman's Warehouse on clearance for $69.

I see in the Mountain Archery Catalog that they sell them still. The steel model is item #004011 and cost $106.95, and the Same in Lite which is all aluminum construction is item #004012 for $139.95. Their phone is 877-745-9286, so you can still get them.

18-Feb-09
LoneWolf1985 said, "Dusty, I just found the site and they have the LW S+C seats on sale right now for under twenty bucks."

Just thought I would let you know."

Cool (and dang there goes another $20).

Appreciate it, dv

20-Feb-09
I have the gorilla expedition and love it. But the Millinium has a seat that is second to none. Most comfortable stand out there. And you can buy a winter pad.

20-Feb-09
+1 on the Mellinium, it is a mesh seat, and very comfy.

20-Feb-09
thanks guys, I decided to try and fabricate a few of my hang on stands to fit the hazmore seats. With a little trial and error I hope to find a good solution. This will be lot cheaper than buying new stands as we all know how tight money is right now.

If I come up with a good design I will post a pic on here at that time.

thanks again

• Sitka Gear