wisconsinteacher 27-Apr-09
dustyvarmint 28-Apr-09
dustyvarmint 29-Apr-09
Wilber 18-May-22
Wilber 18-May-22
grizzley21 18-May-22
27-Apr-09

wisconsinteacher's Link
I found a website named Brookside Game Calls today and they have turkey call kits. Has anyone ever bought a call kit? I like the idea and the price is nice. I hope they sound good. I am looking for feed back on the company and the quality of the calls. Thanks.

28-Apr-09

dustyvarmint's Link
Matt,

Brookside is a good, family run company. They do seem to get overwhelmed from time to time, but the last time I checked their website they gave you a shipping warning right up front.

They were my preferred source for slate before another company that I buy glass from started carrying the slate also at unbeatable prices.

A young Wisconsin teen contacted me last year and wanted to learn to make calls so I hooked him up with Brookside and gave him one lesson at a local Taco Bell. He started making calls for his family. I'm also planning to run a youth call making program at an NWTF even this summer and will buy my supplies from Brookside.

You can find a lot of turkey pot (slate) call making information including links to suppliers and how to's at the link above.

If you need help I'm in WI despite the profile and willing to help.

good luck, dv

29-Apr-09
I could see some people visited the site, but only looked at the Custom Calls section. NOT MY INTENT AT ALL.

Here is the DIY section that has a three part series on making pot (slate) calls and conditioning glass calls.

http://skinnymoose.com/mostlyarchery/category/diy/

There are links to suppliers on DV's Links page.

happy turning, dv

18-May-22

Wilber's embedded Photo
OL’ Joe Shoot
Wilber's embedded Photo
OL’ Joe Shoot
After waiting the 7-10 business days and no tracking # or confirmation email. I decided to go to my PayPal account and request a refund thinking something went wrong. It didn’t take long and can you even believe the man they call Joe Shoot gave me a personal very unprofessional phone call himself. I felt so honored just to be acknowledged by Joe himself. I still have no clue what role he plays at this establishment. I will try to post the voicemail audio. Here is the transcript. “ Mr. Florida _?_?_?_?_ _?_?_?_?_?_?_?_?_ _?_?_?_ called you don't get me on the phone very often but when I get a case against me I feel the need to make a personal phone call to you and therefore hey Siri_?_10 days was yesterday _?_?_?_?_?_?_?_ _?_?_?_ _?_?_ _?_?_?_?_?_?_ _?_?_?_?_?_?_?_ sitting here packed and ready to go as soon as you open up a case again _?_?_?_ _?_ the hell with _?_ we're just gonna cancel your order and refund your money and I'm going to be sure to tell the other six suppliers in turkey called industry that you are a questionable customer for them as well have any comments give me a holler 717-647-9772 have a great day sir…” So, the missing word are from his exquisite professionalism, as a company representative or owner I’m shocked. I did give him a call back ASAP 1 hour later no answer… gave him 2 days to call back and shocker no return phone call. I let him know I would most definitely pay for what was ordered and packed up ready to go. My only question was why it was sitting there packed up ready to go and not shipped. I’m sure this is a busy place, and this was my first order from them. I was excited to get the product from this business. As the people that referred me to them had nothing but good to say about the products. I went and looked at the products that came from this place of business. They are a good product but now I guess I’m black balled from the Turkey call industry because ol’Joe shoot says I’m a questionable customer. Well Joe good this you’re not the only show in the business or Turkey call parts. I will make sure to let everyone I meet in the Turkey hunting, calling, competition, world how Ol’Joe Shoot himself gave a peon like myself an award-winning unprofessional phone call. Have a good day, Sir

18-May-22

Wilber's embedded Photo
OL’ Joe Shoot
Wilber's embedded Photo
OL’ Joe Shoot
After waiting the 7-10 business days and no tracking # or confirmation email. I decided to go to my PayPal account and request a refund thinking something went wrong. It didn’t take long and can you even believe the man they call Joe Shoot gave me a personal very unprofessional phone call himself. I felt so honored just to be acknowledged by Joe himself. I still have no clue what role he plays at this establishment. I will try to post the voicemail audio. Here is the transcript. “ Mr. Florida _?_?_?_?_ _?_?_?_?_?_?_?_?_ _?_?_?_ called you don't get me on the phone very often but when I get a case against me I feel the need to make a personal phone call to you and therefore hey Siri_?_10 days was yesterday _?_?_?_?_?_?_?_ _?_?_?_ _?_?_ _?_?_?_?_?_?_ _?_?_?_?_?_?_?_ sitting here packed and ready to go as soon as you open up a case again _?_?_?_ _?_ the hell with _?_ we're just gonna cancel your order and refund your money and I'm going to be sure to tell the other six suppliers in turkey called industry that you are a questionable customer for them as well have any comments give me a holler 717-647-9772 have a great day sir…” So, the missing word are from his exquisite professionalism, as a company representative or owner I’m shocked. I did give him a call back ASAP 1 hour later no answer… gave him 2 days to call back and shocker no return phone call. I let him know I would most definitely pay for what was ordered and packed up ready to go. My only question was why it was sitting there packed up ready to go and not shipped. I’m sure this is a busy place, and this was my first order from them. I was excited to get the product from this business. As the people that referred me to them had nothing but good to say about the products. I went and looked at the products that came from this place of business. They are a good product but now I guess I’m black balled from the Turkey call industry because ol’Joe shoot says I’m a questionable customer. Well Joe good this you’re not the only show in the business or Turkey call parts. I will make sure to let everyone I meet in the Turkey hunting, calling, competition, world how Ol’Joe Shoot himself gave a peon like myself an award-winning unprofessional phone call. Have a good day, Sir

18-May-22
i have deal with Joe many times and NEVER had any type of problems ,, all items over the years been shipped fast and on time,,always recieved a email concerning shipping , when shipped and arriving date,

• Sitka Gear