Steve Jo @ Work 28-Jul-09
MuddyBull 29-Jul-09
GK 02-Aug-09
Roen M38 03-Apr-23
Pop-r 06-Apr-23
06-Jul-09

MuddyBull's embedded Photo
Those who have been around a while may recall my Wyoming BigHorn hunt in 2006. Though I could not close the deal with a bow I did manage to take a dandy ram with my rifle. The best trophy from this hunt was not the sheep however, it was being able to hunt with Terry. This man was guiding sheep hunters week after week while undergoing chemo for cancer in between. My hunt was his first after being diagnosed and he continued to guide for 2 years before finally losing his battle. His constant positive attitude and love of the Sheep Hunt will forever be an inspiration to me. A tribute to him is being broadcast on the Pursuit Channel ( 608 on Direct TV) this Fri and Sunday at 9 am Mtn Time by Intrepid Outdoors. I'll understand if this post must be pulled for promoting a show, but I really wish everyone could watch this show about a great Sheep Hunter and Guide. MB

06-Jul-09
Nice tribute. I have met some fine people while hunting and it sure sounds like you did too! Charlie

07-Jul-09
I don't know Terry, but from what you've described it sounds like the hunting world lost a great man. My prayers to his family.

08-Jul-09
I did Charlie, you meet the greatest folks hunting..

CA:The Sheep world of Wyoming in particular will never be the same, but I believe Terry has a son or two that will carry on the tradition.

The show turned out great, hope you can catch it. Thanks for the comments guys. MB

08-Jul-09
I did Charlie, you meet the greatest folks hunting..

CA:The Sheep world of Wyoming in particular will never be the same, but I believe Terry has a son or two that will carry on the tradition.

The show turned out great, hope you can catch it. Thanks for the comments guys. MB

21-Jul-09
MuddyBull,

I was a good friend of Terry's, and my brother was one of Terry's very best friends. I certainly no what you mean when you say he was an inspiration. My brother and I, and our wives, among other friends and some of Terry's relatives and Terry's boys, just spent July 11 & 12 with Terry's wife. The 12th was Terry's birthday. It was a time for remembrance and good stories of this great man. My brother has rode hundreds of miles in the mountains of Wyoming with Terry. He guided my brother to his Bighorn in 1978. Terry drew an Iowa deer tag for the late Muzz 07,08 season, and we were with him when he took a 160 class Buck on Jan 2 08. I was fortunate enough to get to ride with Terry on two 10 day pack trips scouting for sheep in 2002 & 2006. The last time we rode with Terry in the mountains was in March of 2008, looking for Elk sheds. He was the toughest Human Being I have ever known. He will always be an inspiration to us that knew him, Yes, we lost a great man.

27-Jul-09

GK, it is hard for me to picture Terry hunting anything other than Sheep. However, I am not suprised that he was able to take such a dandy Whitetail. The man was Predator of highest caliber. I wish I could have hunted with him again. We had tossed around the idea of a late season Elk migration hunt but I never drew the tag. Glad to hear his wife had family and friends around during the trying time of his birthday. Wyoming's Bighorn herd is going to increase a bit now though, because that sheep guide's boots are big ones to fill. MB

28-Jul-09
Never heard of him, sad to see him go AND THAT IS A GREAT PICTURE! (First pic) AWESOME!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

28-Jul-09
No question Muddy, there will be a larger Bighorn herd in Wyoming. Sheep were TB's number 1 passion, and his desire to pursue them was off the scale. His Boys are starting to establish themselves in the guiding business, but as you got to see first hand, its a tough road to hoe. But I have no doubt they remember everything their Father taught them. Thanks for the pics, there great. And thats a great Ram.

28-Jul-09
I didnt know him,

"he was the toughest human being I have ever known"

GK - I've read that about 5 times. That is an awesome and powerful eulogy.

I didn't know him, but I wish I had

I'll drink a bud lite to his shade this weekend.

Thanks for posting this guys.

29-Jul-09

Hey Guys, yes he was the definition of a true sheep hunter and the thing he loved right behind sheep was a cold beer at his favorite watering hole in Cody. The last pic with the sheep on the table was at that place, the ol boy in the red suspenders in the back ground was one of Terry's bud's, an old sheep guide himself. We had a cold one there the night before my rifle hunt and visited with this fellow. Terry told him we would return from the hills with a dandy ram and hoist a few.... and we did. There was lady behind the bar that night that had drawn 3 Wy sheep tags in her life, never killed a ram til Terry took her on her 3rd try. He drove her hard for a few days, but she got her ram. What a place and a group of people to celebrate my Ram with. I'll tip a cold one to Terry this weekend myself, I know he is with every Sheep hunter in his Wyoming Mountains this fall. The season is close... MB GK:did the family get to see the tribute on Intrepid Outdoors? if not I will get them a DVD.

02-Aug-09
Yes Muddy they saw the tribute and have some dvd's of it. I have tipped my share with TB and the ole boy in the suspenders in that watering hole. He was also there with us the 11th & 12th. Great picture.

03-Apr-23
Terry is /was my brother in law. He was a great, easy going guy. Terry Roen. Wisconsin

06-Apr-23
God bless him and you for losing him. Hopefully his legacy lives on with you.

• Sitka Gear