gobble50 01-Aug-09
Pat L. 01-Aug-09
tnt1960 01-Aug-09
neverdull 01-Aug-09
31-Jul-09

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
I always make my own treestands.

Here's a pretty easy way for those of you who weld to make one.

Go to a yard sale or thrift store and buy an old metal tubing, comfortable chair. It usually runs less than $5.00. Take the seat, back and floor protectors off the legs. Then measure and bend some light weight conduit as shown in the photo, and then start welding it together. I usually just start and measure and make as I go and here's what I end up with. It's reasonably light, very strong, easy to put up and very comfortable to sit and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to make if you have a welder. I also put handging hooks on it for packs, coats, hats etc. and you will see a bowholder if you look close.

I will finish it with 1/4 plywood for back and seat and then camo paint it and its ready to hopefully kill me an elk or bear in Colorado.

Have a good bowhunt. BB

31-Jul-09

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Back veiw.

31-Jul-09

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Ano ther side angle veiw.

31-Jul-09

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Front view.

31-Jul-09

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
On last view. I might end up putting a safety bar around the foot area, but I haven't decided upon that yet. Many times I do, sometimes I don't. I will finish it paint it and post a final or two photo of it once done.

It's a pretty easy way to make a good, really comfortable, safe stand.

Have a great bowhunt BB

31-Jul-09
Pretty cool BB. May I make a suggestion? Remove the forward bluish bar on seat area, then cut a piece of conveyor belt to fit. A few inches longer front and rear, fold around the forward bar and rear bar so it's like a sling and fasten with a couple flat head bolts on each end. It may be more comfy than a piece of plywood to sit on. I did it on a lock-on stand when the fabric seat wore out. It will last forever, won't freeze or rip, and is quite comfortable.

01-Aug-09
How do you get that up a tree...fork lift?

01-Aug-09
Love the camo too...

01-Aug-09
Is that thing TMA certified?

01-Aug-09
Neat idea If it were me I would gusset all the areas that the chair legs contact the platform tubing.

• Sitka Gear