fuzzy 25-Feb-24
xtroutx 25-Feb-24
kennym 25-Feb-24
Highlife 25-Feb-24
fuzzy 26-Feb-24
ILbowhntr 26-Feb-24
ILbowhntr 26-Feb-24
18-Aug-09
Hey there hog experts!! I live in Chicago and I'm looking for a place to hunt hogs, but don't want to drive 1000 miles to Texas for example. The closer the better. Would like to keep it reasonably priced and not to feel like I'm hunting in a zoo. Any suggestions?

19-Aug-09
North Star Gameland, Montour, Ia. About 4 hours from Chicago. Trophy fee but way less expensive than going south with the price of gas. They have a web site. There is another North of Dubuque Iowa but cannot remember the name.

19-Aug-09
The one north of Dubuque is Scenic View Ranch. Its located in Monona, Iowa.

19-Aug-09
No wild Hogs in IL that I'm aware of. MO does have a hog problem, contact the Dept of Cons to find out where, etc....

24-Feb-24
Sothern Ohio hunting preserve.

24-Feb-24
Them suckers ought to be huge by now!

25-Feb-24

25-Feb-24
Here is what MDC says about hunting hogs in MO, so to be legal you will have to be on private land...

Releasing hogs is illegal. If you see someone releasing feral hogs, report violators to your local conservation agent.

The take of feral hogs is prohibited on conservation areas and other lands owned, leased, or managed by the Department of Conservation. Hunting hogs on other lands is strongly discouraged. Instead, report feral hog sightings to 573-522-4115, extension 3296 or online. The Department of Conservation and the U.S. Department of Agriculture Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, along with other partners and hundreds of private landowners, are working to eradicate feral hogs in Missouri.

When hunters shoot feral hogs, it complicates efforts to remove these pests. Hogs are social animals that travel in groups called sounders. Shooting one or two hogs scatters the sounder and makes trapping efforts aimed at catching the entire group at once more difficult, because hogs become trap-shy and more wary of baited sites. With their high reproductive rate, removing one or two hogs does not help to reduce populations. Anyone who observes a feral hog or damage caused by feral hogs should report it to the Department of Conservation rather than shooting the animal so we can work together towards eradication.

25-Feb-24
I wonder how those efforts are going in MO. They are certainly hard to get rid of

25-Feb-24
I got an email from MDC last fall, seems like they had trapped 6000 plus. (by memory lol) Not sure where you could find that info.

25-Feb-24
Found this, it's not recent tho...

During 2021, the Partnership removed 9,857 hogs from the landscape, assisted 1,308 landowners, and scouted 3,286,133 acres.

Here's another place...

https://www.fieldandstream.com/conservation/missouri-traps-6200-feral-hogs/

25-Feb-24
Davids Hog Wild in upper Michigan would only be few hours' drive for you. Never been there so you would have to do some research to see if that's what you're looking for.

25-Feb-24
15 years later, hope he got a hog by now

25-Feb-24
lol my bad

25-Feb-24
Well crap! Who looks at the date? :)

25-Feb-24

26-Feb-24
15 years ago I could put you on a few hogs in the Nobusiness section of Giles County and Bland County VA

26-Feb-24
Can’t hunt hogs anywhere in Illinois except during the 7 days of gun season. Stupid law that has passed a few years ago.

26-Feb-24
Another double post

• Sitka Gear