Charlie Rehor 29-Sep-18
Grunter 29-Sep-18
Dale06 29-Sep-18
Beav 30-Sep-18
WV Mountaineer 30-Sep-18
17-Sep-09

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Just got back from 5 days in the backcountry of my home state of MT.The hunting was unreal to say the least.I passed many bulls and missed twice.the bulls went goood in the morning and late in the evening but it is just getting started.I had my Dad joining us on the last 2 days.He loves it but 2 days in this country is all he can take and all he needed.here are some photos from the hunt.HUNT

17-Sep-09

here is the photo for above. Never seen that pic before wierd.HUNT

17-Sep-09

The first days were spent covering lots of country looking for the right bull.HUNT

17-Sep-09

17-Sep-09

We spent the late mornings and early afternoon to catch up on some well deserved rest and to listen for bugles.HUNT

17-Sep-09

i have no idae what is going on today with the bowsite.HUNT

17-Sep-09

As i walked out of this cayon with the bull i was after all day laughing at me i knew my Dad was on his way into camp with my other partner and tomorrow is the 15 a special day for us.HUNT

17-Sep-09

after a real dinner my Hunting partner brought in we were ready for the 15.This was going to be the day.HUNT

17-Sep-09

We were in to the elk all day have close call after close call and passing some smaller bulls.We played the game with a big bull all day.He was in to 50 at 10.30 and 75 at 11.30 then i had him at 40 at 1 in the afternoon.Then at 4 called him in to 30 yards for my hunting partner no shot and he is mad and big.HUNT

17-Sep-09

Then we move in close for the next set up.He is 100 yards out and we move in.My Dad goes low and my partner goes high.I back up and put on a show.Cow cals and bugles and throwing rocks and breaking sticks and he is MAD.Then i charge in and bugle hard in his face and back off cow calling.Here he comes and at 5 yards my Dad laces him and dives out of the way as the bull passed by at 2 FEET.We are pumped and the bulls are going.we call in 6 more bulls 3 small rags and no shots on the big ones.The 15 is our Day. Here is the bull how we found him.HUNT

17-Sep-09

We are so pumped and my Dads emotions are running high.We hug and high five and cry and hug some more.This is his 3rd bull ive call in under 15 yards in the past three years and he has smoked them all.Way to go DAD.HUNT

17-Sep-09

a side view he is a 5/7.HUNT

17-Sep-09

a side view he is a 5/7.HUNT

17-Sep-09

so we work him up and pack him out.This could not have happened with out the help of my partner JIM thanks.HUNT

17-Sep-09
that is just downright cool. You and your popps...awesome stuff.

17-Sep-09
That is just freaking fantastic! Those are the memories that will last your lifetime. Great job and great story!

17-Sep-09
HUNT, to you and your Dad. Great memories and a great bull. CONGRATS!!!

17-Sep-09
What a great story and hunt to share with your Dad. Yep I see a little resemblance in you two. BT

17-Sep-09
I am Dad and I hope every hunter has someone to share an experience so monumental with someone so special.

17-Sep-09
Congratulations! I'm hoping to have a similar but "smaller" outcome when I take my Dad antelope hunting for the first time next week. Thanks for sharing the story! Pete

17-Sep-09
Good post Hunt. Congratulations to you and your Dad!

17-Sep-09
great going

17-Sep-09
Awesome bull and awesome story.

17-Sep-09
Nothing quite like success shared with your dad.

Congratulations.

17-Sep-09
That is an awesome story hunt. Congrats. I wish i could get my dad into bowhunting, but he doesn't think he is in good enough shape and wouldn't be able to handle it, but if i can ever get him drawn out i hope to get him one with his rifle.

18-Sep-09
nice story. did you run into the camp of hunters on dome?

18-Sep-09
20 camps on dome.unrealHUNT

18-Sep-09
I got goose bumps looking at and reading this. I never got the chance to do something like this with my Dad befor he passed away. Take every chance you get to hunt with your Dad. your an awesome son. Congrats to both of you. and thanks for sharing. Larry

18-Sep-09
THIS WAS WAY TOOOOOOOO COOL.

18-Sep-09
That is a great story..i`m sure ol pops shares a little of that backstrap with ya doesn`t he..Man there is nothing like family--except families that hunt and fish together...just makes life so much more grand..around our family campfires all i hear is one lie after the other...lol...great stuff man KUDOs to you and your pops.

19-Sep-09
Thanks guys for the kind words.Dad is still on cloud 9.Now its my turn headed in today for 4 more days of battle.Good Luck to all with tags left.HUNT

19-Sep-09
Congrats! That's a memory for a lifetime! Your dads face says it all! Again congrats!

19-Sep-09
Good story and pics Hunter. CALVIN IS THE MAN!

20-Sep-09
had many hunts with my dad like that before he passed away,only for smaller game like deer and grouse,enjoy them man because they don't last as long as they should!!!!!! RC4

21-Sep-09
good job guys great story and pics congrats cbolt on a very nice bull. RICK

26-Sep-09

well heres mine. 8 yards on day 13 of 14 to hunt

26-Sep-09
Awesome story, HUNT!

How old are you and Pop??

26-Sep-09
Sweet!

26-Sep-09
Sucess...Great hunt guys

27-Sep-09
Good job on your bull Hunter.

27-Sep-09
Awesome, congrats...Great pictures!

28-Sep-09
Well done!

28-Sep-09
CBass when you comin to see me again it time.HUNT

04-Oct-09
Sooner than later I hope Hunt

04-Oct-09
Great story! I'm 51 and can still get out and get it done. Shot a spike bull on the 22nd on a solo trip. I have three boys whom I brought up to bowhunt, but for some reason they never caught the "FEVER" very sad for them. I always make it a point to invite them every year but they always seem to have other things that are going on in thier lives. Nice Bull Congrads!

21-Oct-09

21-Oct-09
That is one sweet bull! The memories that were created on this hunt are worth way more than the trophy taken.

Like Skullman above, I too never got a chance to do something like this before my Dad passed. I did get to go on a few deer hunts with him and I will forever cherish the memories. I can't help but get a little jealous when I read stories like this. Give your dad a high five for me.

21-Oct-09
Wow awesome story!! Made my day!! Good stuff!!

21-Oct-09

Thanks guys for the comments.We have had some great hunts over the years for lots of animals.But this elk in the photo below was my most memrable hunt. Dad had blown lots of opps in seasons past and thought he had the elk jinx that Pat has.But the bull broke the ice and he is now a elk killing machine.Love ya Cbolt. Next is a whitetail you up for it?HUNT

21-Oct-09
Hunt: I truly could not do all this without you. I will return the favor in many ways. we are very blessed to be here and share our love and passion in this great place. Let's go stroke a couple of great whities. I can't wait!God bless our family and friends.

21-Oct-09
Hunt: I truly could not do all this without you. I will return the favor in many ways. we are very blessed to be here and share our love and passion in this great place. Let's go stroke a couple of great whities. I can't wait!God bless our family and friends.

21-Oct-09
I love you Hunt, DAD

21-Oct-09
Now that was powerful. So happy that you were able experience that together. Scott

21-Oct-09
Great story--congrats

17-Nov-09

18-Nov-09
WAY TO GO DAD!!!YOUR KIDS NOT TO BAD EITHER.

18-Nov-09
This has been a great story to follow. It brings back so many memories. I hunted with my dad many times over the years. Frankly, I took them too much for granted. I suppose you can chalk it up to youth. Even though I knew he would not always be able to go out and hunt, I still find myself at a loss without him at times.

The last time I was with dad, he was in bed and I knew I would never see him again this side of glory. It was mid July 1992. As I stood above him, I said, "I wish we could just go out and cut a load of wood today" He replied with his single last word to me; "hunting". He wanted to go hunting again.

I can only suggest we treasure those great hunting times we have. I hope Hunt Man and cbolt have many more great hunts together.

21-Dec-09

17-Mar-11

17-Mar-11
Thanks for bringing it up again.

G

17-Mar-11

elkmtngear's Link
Awesome Story and Pics! You guys both ROCK!!

Best of Luck, Jeff

17-Mar-11
Yep, great pics, great story. Looks like some great hunts. Thanks for sharing. That country looks awfully familiar to me:)

18-Mar-11
Great pics and story, but the memories are PRICELESS!!! Nothing better than hunting with Dad!!!

19-Mar-11
Awesome story and great pics.My Dad hasn't hunted with me in years but I take my son out every chance I get.My Mom and Dad always had time to take me places and drop me off to hunt before I could drive.Just wish my Dad had the same passion I have for the sport.Our past hunts together are great memories of mine Can't wait for the day to take my boys in the backcountry with me,and hear/see their first elk.Only a few more years for my oldest Again,great story

19-Mar-11
As a dad and grandfather, I would say there is nothing better than to be loved by your offspring, nothing more needs done.

20-Mar-11
Great story !! Those memories are the greatest trophy!!

Rob

20-Mar-11
"Returning the favor to Dad" is very easy, Just book a hunt and go. That is all that is needed. Sweet!

20-Mar-11
Glad you bumped this again. Love it!!

20-Mar-11
great hunt...nice pics too!

29-Sep-18
On a rainy Saturday at home this was fun to read again. Take Charlie’s advice and do a hunt of a lifetime ever year. Hunt

29-Sep-18
I wish the pics would come through! The story is great and so awesome that you and your Dad got to experience such a great hunt together!

29-Sep-18
I can see the photos . Wish they would show up for you guys also. Hunt

29-Sep-18
Hunt Man: A wise ole hunter told me that around 1990 when I was running around trying to juggle family, work and hunting. I’m now up to 3 or 4 “trip of a lifetimes” every year and I’m well aware of my remaining time.

Lately I’ve had some friends and family members leave earth. Some enjoyed their time here and some others never took time for trips or put them off. Seems sad to me but it’s an individual decision.

I’ve got another saying:

“By the time you have money, you have no time”

I admire your posts and know you are a wise man!

29-Sep-18
Hunt-hope you know how lucky you are! Been trying to get my dad out west with me. He cant really hike anything steep as his knees and hips are shot. I told him he can just hang out in camp and be there with us. I'll keep prodding him and maybe he'll break down and come out. Awesome story and as always you have a animal down! Well done

29-Sep-18
Awesome! My dad never hunted much as he was too busy working and raising seven kids. My son and I get to hunt some together and it’s always special.

30-Sep-18
Hunt thanks for bringing this up! CBolt is one of a kind and you are both damn lucky!

30-Sep-18
Good stuff right here.

• Sitka Gear