St52v 04-Jul-18
St52v 04-Jul-18
Notme 04-Jul-18
drycreek 04-Jul-18
Rut Nut 05-Jul-18
Bou'bound 05-Jul-18
Brotsky 05-Jul-18
04-Nov-09
I had a Buck Bomb in my pack completely discharge itself after partial use this morning. Unfortunately, my pack was sitting on the carpeted living room floor at the time. Some is on fabric on the side of the couch too. My wife started crying, then yelling, (not in that order)so here we are. Question is, any ideas to get the smell out/off?

P.S. I told her the real kicker was that we were going to wake up in the morning to the sound of a buck humping our couch....She didn't like that too much.

Thanks, Brian

04-Nov-09
LOLOL...... oh my goodness. I think I would hire a carpet cleaner or rent one. The smell though has to be all over your walls etc so I imagine you have to clean the entire room, carpet, couches, and all....

Those carpet guys know how to clean, go with a pro :)

04-Nov-09
LOLOL...... oh my goodness. I think I would hire a carpet cleaner or rent one. The smell though has to be all over your walls etc so I imagine you have to clean the entire room, carpet, couches, and all....

Those carpet guys know how to clean, go with a pro :)

04-Nov-09
Try some scent away spray for now, it may help some but you should go with a pro.

Buy your sweetheart a new couch, or sounds like your sleeping on the old one for awhile. :>)

04-Nov-09
I have heard the Scent Killer may help. If not try tomatoe juice...no I am not kidding. Then figure out how to get the t-juice out of the carpet.

Either way, you are in deep cacad. Best action should not cost more than $2500. carpet and couch.

04-Nov-09
I prostaff for primos and one of the demos that we do for the silver xp is put doe urine in a film canister and then spray it with silver xp and it's gone. Not saying it is the end all fix but it will atleast buy you some time until you can get it cleaned for good. good luck.

04-Nov-09
I used to clean carpets and I will tell ya urine can be tricky...I could clean dog urine but cat urine was near impossible..Never hads to clean deer urine..I tink your best bet is to hire someone becuase some couchs can be tricky..if you put the wrong cleaner on upolstery it can damage it....If you want to try it youself try and go to a local carpet cleaner supply (janitorail supply) and get some of their urine remover....and then rent a a cleaner...remember more is not better when it comes to chemicals and you need to do tis sooner than later,,once the stain dries it can be a bear to remove...then you might have to use ozone...also try googling urine removal...

04-Nov-09
Check places that rent Rug Doctor carpet cleaners. Rugh Doctor packages a Urine Eliminator. Try these links.

http://buy.rugdoctor.com/cleaning-products

A couple from Capture Carpet Cleaner:

http://www.captureclean.com/topnavigation/products/Pages/Products.aspx

A few from Petsmart:

http://www.petsmart.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2767068&f=Taxonomy%2FPET%2F2767068&fbc=1&fbn=Taxonomy%7CClean+Up%2FStain+%26+Odor+Control

You may find other options at your local Home Improvement or Pet stores. Good Luck.

04-Nov-09
Buy stock in Dead Down Wind.... then use it!

04-Nov-09
4 cups baking soda to 1/2 gal. water. Don't soak carpet so it hits the pad. Let dry and vaccuum. This will help but not a cure all.

Rent the rug doctor as mentioned above.

TR would just sue'em and write about it.

05-Nov-09
I say open up your front door and hang a treestand in the living room:)

05-Nov-09
priceless--better you than me...My wife would kill me no questions asked

05-Nov-09
"I tink your best bet "

ROTFLMAO....Don't do that...Tink is the one who's at fault that this happened in the first place. He talked everyone into buying the stuff!!!!

Seriously though.....ROTFLMAO...I can't help it.

This is just tooooooo funny. The $2500 comment up above sounds about right. Stanimaster is the ticket..lol

I will go as far as tell you there is a very bright side to this whole fiasco. You can take the couch intothe woods and lay on it , instaed of a stand....it's much more comfortable, you'll stay in the woods longer lounging on the couch, and the deer will come to you like flys to crap.

Shoot a big one my man...lol

05-Nov-09
this is exactly why my carpets and upholstery is all made of scent lok. I'm not going to experience what you did!

05-Nov-09
By the way, how'd you like the "buck bomb"? Just curious... good product eh?

06-Nov-09
New or different house is the way to go, you can get um cheap right now!! All I can say is I'm glad it's not me. I was skining a weasal one time when I cut into the scent gland, that was the last animal I skunout in the basement.

04-Jul-18
No one is going to experience that he did, carpet cleaning will be done on priority according to me.

04-Jul-18
Maybe a scent eliminator spray from a pet store. We got one for our puppy for potty training and it eliminates the scent of urine so they don't do it again. It did wonders for dog pee or any kind of puke/mess pups make.

04-Jul-18
Holy crap! Has anyone heard from this guy since? I wonder if she killed him?

04-Jul-18
I would think the smell would be gone by now ;-)

04-Jul-18
I bet she got the stuff that didn’t stink

04-Jul-18
Like Ontariojoe said. Go to a pet store and get Natures Miracle. It is an enzyme cleaner that digests and eliminates odor from dog urine. They have a cat formula as well.... not sure about deer though....

04-Jul-18
Try Fabreeze.

04-Jul-18
A ozone generator will help. Basically same thing as an Ozonics but I have a plug in unit that has worked well for me. I believe they can be rented. They're used to eliminate odors in enclosed areas like vehicles or homes.

Good luck!

04-Jul-18
Dirk, that's what I'm thinking ! She probably has another house, another couch, and another husband !

04-Jul-18
Ozonics is the only solution

04-Jul-18
I was maken funnies back then... I still got it!

04-Jul-18
Pm sent

04-Jul-18
https://pittsburgh.steri-clean.com/

04-Jul-18
Last year, a guy I worked with had a can explode in his closed up truck. My scent purge 50 helped.

04-Jul-18
Cut 2'x15' strips out of the carpet and padding..use them to line a golden path under your stand..build a blind big enough for the couch..

Or disregard my nonsense and hire a pro

04-Jul-18
I had a bottle leak in my backpack and every time I went hunting during the rut I kept watching my back trail. :-) It took a good spraying with scent killer and a trip through the washing machine with the same to get rid of it.

05-Jul-18
This thread reminds me of a Seinfeld episode. BO in the car.......................... ;-)

05-Jul-18
you have come to the right place for dopey help. lot's of good options.

05-Jul-18
...and Brian was never heard from again. At least that's the legend that is told in PA of the guy who set off a Buck Bomb in his wife's living room. We pour the first drink on the ground in his memory every November.

• Sitka Gear