txhunter58 26-Dec-20
dg72a 27-Dec-20
DanaC 27-Dec-20
Scooby-doo 27-Dec-20
kentuckbowhnter 28-Dec-20
mgmicky 28-Dec-20
mgmicky 28-Dec-20
21-Nov-09
Just received a pair of extreme MT050 coveralls from Cabelas; I like them but they are noisy. Will they quiet down with repeated washings?

21-Nov-09
mine is not noisy. mine did not change after washing, but it was not noisy to start with either

22-Nov-09
Do you guys wash it in special detergent?

22-Nov-09
not other than occassionally spraying it when wet with reviveX to keep it waterproof. just ordered a new set for my son for christmas.

23-Nov-09
Watch the snaps on the ankles...they like to tear out! Generally I like Cabelas stuff, but these let me down. I too have noticed it's a little noisier than I'd prefer, but not unbearable. I think it's probably louder when you are wearing it than it is at any distance, say over 20 yards.

23-Nov-09
Whether MT50 material makes noise or not is propositional- the material either DOES make noise, or CAN NOT make noise.

It makes noise. Me and you and thousands of others have heard it. Those who are unable to hear the noise made by MT50 seem to prefer it.

In terms of cold weather use- the colder the temp, the more noise MT50 makes.

The good news is wool. Nothing compares when combined for quiet, heat retention, comfort, wind resistence. I even have a 10 year old well-worn and patched set of Dry Plus bibs that are still waterproof. Heavier wool coats for hunting are warm but too restrictive for my taste. (silent) Bibs are essential, but I suppose cold weather dress practices is another subject.

26-Dec-20
Bringing this old thread back...looking for a new set of bibs for whitetail hunting and would like feedback on the quietness of the MT050 bibs. Also any other bibs you would suggest for whitetail hunting in Wisconsin - not interested in breaking the budget with Sitka. Any insight is appreciated.

26-Dec-20
I have The MT050 from cabelas coat and pants. I find them quiet. I got mine 2 years ago.

26-Dec-20
The bibs are comfortable and warm but not exceptionally quiet. Then again depends for what style of hunting you want to use them. I use them for stand hunting and if that's your intended purpose I would highly recommend them.

26-Dec-20
Hank I use mine In the stand as well. Their my late season clothes so it’s mostly gun, very little bow at that point.

26-Dec-20
I own two cabelas mt050 parkas and a pair of their pants. All are older USA made. And, quiet can only be used to describe them in degrees of quietness. Because they certainly aren’t silent. Nor are they what one would call quiet in my opinion.

I’m going to assume the bear stuff has changed because no one alive would suggest they were quiet unless it had.

26-Dec-20
I have the coverall. I don't find it too noisy. It's nice and warm with tons of pockets, but its like wearing a sleeping bag. It's very restrictive trying to move in it. The zipper sucks, i ripped mine off last season and haven't worn it since. I wouldn't recommend one. Maybe bibs and jacket would be ok but not coverall.

26-Dec-20
I had a pair and felt they were quiet enough. However, they are waterproof, but the quiet fleece on the outside absorbs water. That makes them heavier and cold (from evaporation).

I sprayed mine with scotch guard to stop the fleece from absorbing water.

26-Dec-20

27-Dec-20
Bought mine 5 years ago, and they are like new, but the zipper broke and now they are next to useless. Other than that, I found them warm and comfortable but maybe a bit noisy.

27-Dec-20
When you say the zipper 'broke' do you man the 'bug'? Those are easy enough to replace, there are even youtube videos showing how. Heck, I did it, so it's pretty dummy-proof. ;-) (They're about $5)

One thing, there's a little 'clamp' at the top of the zipper that has to be replaced. I ended up using a brass nock point instead of the tiny little one they sent me Same principle, just bigger and easier for my arthritic hands to work with ;-)

27-Dec-20
Nomad makes some very nice hunting clothes. I have their bibs, 150 bucks and excellent value. Quiet and warm! Shawn

28-Dec-20
i have a couple of older sets of mt050 and they are very quiet, enough to bowhunt in. but i am sure that when bass pro acquired cabelas they said, "this is too nice and quiet let's down grade it and make it cheaper and noisier so we can make more money."

28-Dec-20
Kentuckbowhunter x2! I have an older set of the USA made bibs. I think they’re a little bulky/heavy, so I only wear them on the coldest tree stand days. They still look new and I’m pretty sure they’ll last my lifetime as little as I use them.

28-Dec-20
Kentuckbowhunter x2! I have an older set of the USA made bibs. I think they’re a little bulky/heavy, so I only wear them on the coldest tree stand days. They still look new and I’m pretty sure they’ll last my lifetime as little as I use them.

• Sitka Gear