sweet old bill 28-May-10
Ryan Rothhaar 28-May-10
prezboys 28-May-10
Davy C 28-May-10
Woodman@work 28-May-10
Jaquomo_feral 28-May-10
Taxi 28-May-10
28-May-10
I must admit that my primitive euro mount methods have taken the luster out of my deer's antlers. What do you use to add a glossy, protective finish to trophy antlers?

28-May-10
water based poly,use a foam, brush it on and let it dry it will make the antlers look just like on the day you took the deer...

28-May-10
Best thing we've ever found is Future floor wax - the liquid type. Just brush on a light coat. Not too thick and unrealistic, but puts on a nice shine and makes dusting much easier. If you degreased properly you can put it right on the skull as well. We use it on all euro mounts and my father (taxidermist for 35 years) uses it on antlers and noses of mounts. Gives a nice shine and a nice "wet" look to the nose.

Ryan

28-May-10
MOP and GLOW. Ryan is right. Wont change the color or stain them. Give thema great shine..

Prez

28-May-10
I like lemon oil because it adds a nice luster without too much unatural "gloss". It also dries so it won't atract dust.

28-May-10
Great, thanks for your reponses.

28-May-10
Scotts Liquid Gold

28-May-10
I use Krylon Satin finish in the can. It leaves no oily residue and is simple to touch up antlers. The satin gives them that "Alive" look as opposed to a wet or varnished look.

Later, Taxi

• Sitka Gear