Buglmin 27-Jun-19
12yards 27-Jun-19
milnrick 28-Jun-19
Buglmin 28-Jun-19
Z Barebow 28-Jun-19
muliemad 29-Jun-19
PBNJ 01-Jul-19
21-Oct-10
I have a friend who shoots wheels and wants to get a new bow. His old one is over 12 years old. But he shoot finger release and doesn't want to go to a mechanical release. Any suggestions for him?

LBB

21-Oct-10
I shoot fingers and use a Bowtech Allegiance. It's a little short ATA for many finger shooters though.

I have shot the Hoyt Alphamax 35 and would highly recommend it. With the new bows just being released a guy could probably find a brand-new Alphamax from 2009 someplace for a great deal.

If your buddy has any more specific questions he can fee free to PM me.

21-Oct-10
Elite has a couple of real nice long ATA bows, the new one is called the pure I think, sounds like a real nice bow

21-Oct-10
I have a Hoyt Montega (2009 I think). It is real forgiving and shoots well with fixed blades and a whisker biscuit. It is about 41" ata.

21-Oct-10
Leaver limb Oneida or 5150 Gulf coast archery, best finger bows ever made IMO.

21-Oct-10
I shoot a Hoyt Maxxis 35 and 28in draw with fingers, no problems. Bob

21-Oct-10
I shoot and a hoyt protec with the longer 45" ATA. It shoots super smooth and nice but is SLOOOWWW. I want a new bow as well, and have kind of narrowed it down to the bowtech brigadier, or the martin shadowcat. They are both longer ATA (I want it over 38" if possible). The other bows are shorter than this and less forgiving, but some guys have no problem with it. Although the common wisdom is not to shoot a bow under 40" with fingers because of the string angle (finger pinch).

21-Oct-10
He was told that the string would roll off the cams if he used fingers.

LBB

21-Oct-10
That would probably only happen with one of the new destroyers, but that problem with the Destroyers doesn't seem to be a problem limited to finger's shooters. :-)

In all fairness, I think Bowtech probably has that issue resolved. I love my Bowtechs.

21-Oct-10
Hoyt vantage ltd ata 45"

21-Oct-10
Oneida

21-Oct-10
PSE XLR (extra long riser)

21-Oct-10
BowTech Constitution. Shoots like a dream.

21-Oct-10
Hoyt protec with xt3000 limbs. 41.75" ATA and shoots my hunting arrows about 250 fps.

21-Oct-10
Bowtech Brigadier 40" ATA I know people who shoot with these fingers and love em.

21-Oct-10
I shoot an '04 Mathews Ovation at 40" with a tab and love it, tho it was discontinued a few years ago. I'm pretty sure they still make the conquest at 41". I love shooting with fingers, no need to switch. Ron

22-Oct-10
I shoot many styles of MARTIN Archery bows with fingers!...I've NEVER shot a release aide...and won't!

22-Oct-10
Yes that is basically a good list right there. I would love to try the new conquest, but would have to take a second on the house! The bowtech brigadier is on my list and would like to pick up a 2010 or 2009. I think the constitution is the older version of the brigadier.

Caddis, which wheel do you have on your protec. I have the XT3000 limbs but mine is longer than that. It has the original cam and 1/2 but I am only getting like 220 fps at 61 lbs.

22-Oct-10
Martin Scepter4 is a great finger bow and you can buy a used one cheap just look arround e bay and archery talk classifieds

22-Oct-10
I shoot a pse bowmadness xl 36" ata,no problems.

22-Oct-10
I have shot all of the Mathews Conquest models and loved them all. The latest one is the Conquest 4. At 41" ata I believe it's the longest ata bow you can get. I prefer 65% let-off as it gives you more pressure on your fingers and to me seems more forgiving. If you look on E-bay or on the Bowsite classifieds you'll find good deals on them. I know lots of guys shoot much shorter bows with fingers but I've tried them and just was not happy with them. Some of it depends on how you shoot. I pull back with three fingers, one over two under and drop the bottom one. If you shoot three fingers I would want the longest ata I could get. I think he should try some different bows and get the one that feels the best. Jerry

22-Oct-10
Take a look at Hoyt's new line up they are still making a old time finger shooters bow. 45" axle to axle with control cams. Not the fastest bow out there but a dream to shoot.

22-Oct-10
Been shooting a compound with fingers for over 30 years. I currently shoot a Mathews Ovation and it works very well. I also shot a Q2XL for many years........a little shorter but shot fine. I agree with Jerry on dropping the finger.........

22-Oct-10
I just got a Bowtech Brigadier, shoots great with fingers.

22-Oct-10
Reflex Caribou is a nice longer ATA bow. A finger shooting friend has one.

22-Oct-10
PSE shark. And love it Firstblood is the bowmadness as sweet of a bow as I have heard?

22-Oct-10
Jerry, the new mathews conquest is the conquest triumph. And they want $1300 for one! Ouch.

22-Oct-10
Yea I haven't tried that one and don't think I will. They still make the regular Conquest 4 which I just sold to go to a lower poundage. I did see a Triump on E-bay the last I looked before it sold it was up to 800.00, still alot of money.

22-Oct-10
I can't get a clean release shooting a compound with fingers, and since mine is a high let-off model, I bit the bullet and went to a mechanical release.

Probably time for your buddy to quit living in between the past and the future and commit one way or t'other ;)

And FWIW, I have no issues switching back & forth...

23-Oct-10
Athens Exceed 300.I really like this 37"ata, 7"+brace bow.What sold me on it was the oh so smooooooth draw with an equally smooth rollover into a broad valley(65-80%let off).At 66# 28" draw it will shoot a 400grn arrow at 291+ and a 330grn arrow at 307+.Pretty darn good for as smooth as it is.The grip is superb,and accuracy is most excellant.Athen is releasing a 41" 8"brace bow in Jan2011 that should be primo as well.

27-Oct-10
try 2 find a old hoyt oasis or a aspen those are great finger bows

28-Oct-10
My favorites to date that I have owned are the Mathews Rival Pro and Conquest II, III. I am wanting to shoot a Bowtech Brigadier. The Constitution was not consistant for me, but they have fixxed the issues I had with it. I agree with the over 40", over 7" BH and 65% let-off.

26-Jun-19
Have prime one stx we will see how it goes 36 at a . Can not seem to get away from fingers ,release aids are a disability for me ,tried enough of them. Lol 2 yrs of them.something about your fingers on the string .

26-Jun-19
Get a long ATA. I shot fingers for about 30 years with compounds. Switched to a mechanical about 10 years ago. My accuracy is much better. Would never go back to fingers. But each to his own.

26-Jun-19
One of best compound finger shooters in the country still shoots a conquest 4.

26-Jun-19
They are all good bows if they fit you.

26-Jun-19
I shot my best scores with fingers in 3d course. Never tried it on paper ,going to find out field nationals in Yankton sd in July ,should be interesting, going to shoot bowhunter limited, in freestyle limited class ,because they removed bowhunter limited.

26-Jun-19
The conquest 4 is a good bow for sure.

26-Jun-19
I still shoot a Conquest 2. Gave up the fingers though. Hard to find a decent quality rest for fingers. Release it is.

27-Jun-19
There are number of older bows such as Golden Eagle, PSE, Martin, etc. that were 48""+ and a decent brace height for finger shooter. Inspect the limbs ,replace stings, etc. and they still work. Saw one recently at an estate sale with arrows, case, etc. for 50 bucks.

27-Jun-19
Wow, somebody dug up a 9 year old thread.

27-Jun-19
AAE makes a good Rest if use with berger button or not ,had good luck with them .golden key ,some of the quick tune products good choices.

27-Jun-19
Check one of the Prime Logic series, I forget which model but its 39" ATA... if it shoots like the CT3 he's going to like it.... a bunch

27-Jun-19
Elite Pure has worked well for me since 2014, 36" ATA . I shoot two fingers, split.

27-Jun-19
Prime Logic CT9 is the model you are thinking of milnrick. Absolutely love my Prime CT5. I shoot it a far sight better than any bow I've ever owned.

27-Jun-19
I started shooting an Elite Victory 39 this year bare bow. Many 3D shoots font even have men's barebow classes these days. I shot a Victory 37 for a few months but found the Victory 39 just felt better. I've got an Echelon 39 coming now.

27-Jun-19
Buglmin, did you adjust to lower letoff on the Elite? Or are you shooting it with the huge valley and high letoff?

28-Jun-19
Brodsky, that is the model I was referring to - thank you.

Millie and I are upgrading from the Centergy Air and Ion to the CT3. The 2019 Prime offerings are hard to beat.

28-Jun-19
12yards, You can adjust the let off on the Elites easy. But it also shortens your draw length. It's honestly not bad shooting at a higher left off, very comfortable and allows me to do what I need to go. I like the Victory's cause they are lighter in mass weight, but the Echelon just felt very good to me.

28-Jun-19
It is nice to see compound finger shooters are still alive! LOL! I shoot a Hoyt Vantage that was upgraded from E-Wheels. Changed limbs and cams to Cam 1/2. 75% LO. It is a wonderful bow. Same as someone above, I have an AAE Elite rest w/Teflon berger button. I wrap the wire arm with Teflon plumbing tape for hunting.

29-Jun-19
Martin Sceptor 11 great finger bow not a speed demon but good enough to get the job done, picked up two of them for $150 each more than happy!

01-Jul-19
I shoot a PSE Nova. Draw with three fingers and release with two. One pin nothing else on the string. It works well with short high percentage shots under 30 yards.

• Sitka Gear